IGNORED

Big Break Mesquite

Ben
Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know who's going home tonight, but I really hope it's not Benoit. Reason being, he just made it through the first stage of the PGA Tour Qualifying here in my backyard in Dayton, Nevada. He made it right on the number, but that's still in!

As another aside, I was actually in Mesquite during the filming of this show for the Nevada State Match Play Championship. I went out in the first round, but hey, I got to go!!

It was super hot down there. I'm watching this show expecting these guys to be sweating their @$$'s off, but they haven't been. I don't know if they just filmed really early in the morning or what, but it was freaking hot!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to tonight's show and seeing some reactions from the other guys on A-God's departure...

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess Mark is gone now. I can't believe he missed an almost identical putt to what Anthony missed last week.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Did anybody else pick up that he was going to go home way before the show was over? My wife and I were watching it and everytime that they interviewed him his eyes were really red like he had been crying. I just kind of figured that he might have been crying since he got eliminated.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

I'm not sure. I think his eyes always seemed a little red. Maybe he has allergies? Being on the course all day and getting eliminated wouldn't help that either! But I don't really see him as the crying type though.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

But I don't really see him as the crying type though.

Oh boy, I do. I could definately see him crying.

Mark will be missed. I can't think of anyone to cheer off the show.

Without knowing Kevin's bio, I would have thought he would have been booted early on because of his low scores but he's put on the show during the eliminations. Talk about hogging air time, I think we've seen more of him than any of the others.

Hiroshi is really shining with talent after the distance accuracy challenge.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I really like the aussie and hope to see him go far. I was amazed mark missed that put same distance as anthony's.

I'm 99% sure A-rod and Mark fell victim to negative distracting thoughts.

"Don't miss, Don't miss...", "I'll look like such an idiot if I miss" , etc etc. It takes experience in those kind of situations in front of a large number of people (cameras in this case) to minimize those thoughts and pull up the positive ones. Oh, and a bowl of Wheaties in the morning doesn't hurt either.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Yah i guess thats true i was playing in a tournament for my school team, and i had like a 5 foot putt, the guy before me had a putt that was a foot longer then mine but exact same line and he holed it. Then i was thinking "dont miss", luckily tho i forced it out of my head and drained it.

Like tmoult I hope James "Aussie" wins, he seems like he has alot of talent, and he also has a level head, well it has been level so far

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I hope that James or Hiroshi wins, but you can't count out the "eliminator" that guy has been stellar in the elimination challenge. He's almost to far back now to make a run at the cut line. He could be the first guy to win the show while going to every elimination challenge.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I missed the first few eppisodes but have watched the last three. I'm very impressed by the level of play overall. They were right when they said it was the most talented players yet. I like James, but in the team competetion he seemed to have a lot of self doubt. His game however has not shown a lot to question. Hiroshi is solid and seems like a great guy. In fact the rest of the group seems like a bunch of good guys. Gerry is an intriguing guy. You have to love a guy that was a professional bodybuilder and professional wrestler before turning to golf. I expected him to be an early out, but he keeps hanging in. I think he is the next one out.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I noticed on the pgatour site that Matt Every at the Stage #1 of Q-school in Texas shot 64 - 64 in the last 2 rounds to finish second and advance to Stage #2 of Q-school. I believe it was Anthony who was making fun of Matt when Matt got eliminated saying something like "I was tired of hearing how good he was". Well I guess Anthony can see how good Matt can be at times. I am glad to see some of these guys advancing in Q-school.

I noticed on the pgatour site that Matt Every at the Stage #1 of Q-school in Texas shot 64 - 64 in the last 2 rounds to finish second and advance to Stage #2 of Q-school. I believe it was Anthony who was making fun of Matt when Matt got eliminated saying something like "I was tired of hearing how good he was". Well I guess Anthony can see how good Matt can be at times. I am glad to see some of these guys advancing in Q-school.

Unfortunately I missed the first few episodes and didn't get to see him play much. By all accounts he is an outstanding player and was a major shock with his early out. It's possible that his game may just be better over 18 holes than it is on a few specialty shots.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

That last elimination challenge was a total gong show. Kevin stubbed his chip and left it 15 feet short and mark really should of made that putt. Neither deserved to advance.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Another competitor eliminated on a short putt.

My regular pasture.

That was a hard elimination for me. I really didn't want any of those guys to go home. I'm definately favoring Kevin though. He always just seems happy to be there. Plus, he has been in all of the elimination challenges and somehow squirms his way out of them. It would be great if the final two were Hiroshi and James though. I think those two definately out class the rest of the field.

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!