IGNORED

2015 SoCal Fall Outing Thread at Eagle Glen, Oct 11

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd say maybe let's wait and see but consider a backup plan? I know I liked Tukwet last time and haven't been back since ... Perhaps we consider their other 18 as a possibility of Oak doesn't work out? It's right across the street I think so it shouldn't affect anybody's plans.

Great suggestion, reviews are good and they have already punched:

https://www.greenskeeper.org/southern_california/riverside_county/PGA_Southern_California_Legends/scorecard.cfm

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the mention. I live down in San Diego. "So Cal" is a pretty big region. What area is considered the center point for this group?

We have members from San Fernando valley all the way out to Twenty Nine Palms, down to Indio and back over to San Diego and all up the coast. We try to have outings in all areas but the center usually ends up being in the inland empire somewhere. More of our outings end up in that region than any other because it's fairly central. Welcome to the group!!!

Finally able to log into this account.  Did you know that if you Facebook connect your account you can no longer log in using your username/email and password?  I didn't know that... hence the reason I was unable to log into the forums.

Hello everyone again.

So you guys planning on playing Oak Valley oct 11?  I need to check if I can so is there space still available?  Please advise.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

Finally able to log into this account.  Did you know that if you Facebook connect your account you can no longer log in using your username/email and password?  I didn't know that... hence the reason I was unable to log into the forums.

Hello everyone again.

So you guys planning on playing Oak Valley oct 11?  I need to check if I can so is there space still available?  Please advise.

Looks like we've kind of locked down the date, but not the exact course.  Oak Valley will likely be cart path only so we're considering a few other options.

And there's always room for one more member!! :beer:

What about Oak Quarry or Black Gold?

Good choices but we've had outings at both places before.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

BTW.  There are a lot of nice daily fee courses out there that even with water restrictions manage to provide a darn good product.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

Where have you had your events so I can throw my $0.02 into the arena

Although I can't join you all on this outing, I thought I would chime in to let you know that Under Par has a special for Tukwet. $55 for any start time, any day of the week - valid through the end of the year.

And it includes a free replay that day for those of you crazy enough to consider 36 holes.

Where have you had your events so I can throw my $0.02 into the arena

Let's see ...

Obviously Oak Quarry and Black Gold, also Tukwet Champions, Goose Creek (one of my favorites :)), Empire Lakes (although there was only 4 of us that time, but I heard that their greens have gone to poop).  I think that covers it for the IE.

We've also done, in addition to IH, Mile square, Talega, and Encinitas Ranch.

Although I can't join you all on this outing, I thought I would chime in to let you know that Under Par has a special for Tukwet. $55 for any start time, any day of the week - valid through the end of the year. And it includes a free replay that day for those of you crazy enough to consider 36 holes.

In other words, they're offering me $55 for 36 holes. I may need to make an outing there. Can I play the two different 18s there, or do I play the same 18 twice?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Can I play the two different 18s there, or do I play the same 18 twice?

Here is the deal.

You can play either track, but you cannot book your second round until your first is done.

That play is rarely busy, so you should not have a problem playing again, heck, why not go for 54 holes??

Caveat note in the fine print:

One Day of Unlimited golf for one player at this 36 Hole Facility (Replay rounds can only be booked at the completion of the previous round and are subject to availability.)

In other words, they're offering me $55 for 36 holes. I may need to make an outing there.

Can I play the two different 18s there, or do I play the same 18 twice?

Technically not 36 but "unlimited."  You make the first time as early as possible, and get lucky with an opening for the second time, and make a point to do it before Daylight Savings time ends and you could be looking at as many as 45 holes, I would think.  They had a similar deal last week for Monarch Beach as well.

Here is the deal.

You can play either track, but you cannot book your second round until your first is done.

That play is rarely busy, so you should not have a problem playing again, heck, why not go for 54 holes??

Caveat note in the fine print:

One Day of Unlimited golf for one player at this 36 Hole Facility (Replay rounds can only be booked at the completion of the previous round and are subject to availability.)

Yeah there it is. :)

how about Temecula Creek or Dos Lagos or Canyon Lake or even Vellano (another GolfMoose coupon.)  Get it through Greenskeeper.org  http://www.greenskeeper.org/golf_courses/allspecials.cfm

I heard Vellano is really nice too although I don't know where it is.  Suppose I should look that up :D

NM Chino Hills should make that pretty close to everyone in SoCal... I think and it would be different.

I heard Vellano is really nice too although I don't know where it is.  Suppose I should look that up :D

NM Chino Hills should make that pretty close to everyone in SoCal... I think and it would be different.

Vellano is out:

ALERT: Aeration
Will be aerating the greens 10/11 - 10/13.
* Although Greenskeeper.org researches all alerts before posting, we ask that you please contact the golf course for confirmation.

Don't you work for Geenskeeper? :whistle:

If you are considering Tukwet Golf Moose has a twosome deal for $82 with free replay found it through Greenskeeper.org as well .  also valid until end of year.  Since we know who is coming one person buys the other one pays the buyer.  I suppose that could work out.

http://www.greenskeeper.org/golf_courses/allspecials.cfm

yes I do. but right now I am on Sandtrap.  I hate multi-tasking.

Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!