IGNORED

Crazy or Unique Driver Head Covers

Grumpter
Note: This thread is 817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am bored at work just waiting for the time to get here when I can leave to go to league night (hour long drive). You people aren't posting things fast enough to keep me occupied so I thought I would start a thread about Driver Head Covers. What 'out of the ordinary' head cover are you using? Or what head cover would you like? Here is mine... No, I don't look like Cerrano (now the All-State guy). I'm a little more Caucasian.

My Driver headcover:                                   My 5W:

Both from Daphne's Headcovers.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have some custom made by a family member. She knitted them for me. Problem was they were only good for a couple of years due to wear, and tear.

After that, I just went with hand puppets for head covers. Not expensive and have lasted going on 10 years now.

Here's a few designs. some of course would not work well for golf.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hand+puppets&rlz;=1C1CHFX_enUS454US455&espv;=2&biw;=1366&bih;=659&tbm;=isch&tbo;=u&source;=univ&sa;=X&ved;=0CEoQsARqFQoTCLq52KCLtscCFYGLkgodCNQF5w&dpr;=1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

My Driver headcover:                                   My 5W:

Both from Daphne's Headcovers.

I really want these from Daphne but just haven't bought them yet.  Probably good Christmas presents from family.  I love to BBQ and these are my favorite specimens :)

:adams:  XTD Ti Driver 12* Stiff flex

:adams:  XTD Ti 4H 23* Stiff flex

:ping:  G10 4-W +1" Stiff flex

:odyssey:  White Hot Pro Havok 35"

I have some custom made by a family member. She knitted them for me. Problem was they were only good for a couple of years due to wear, and tear.

After that, I just went with hand puppets for head covers. Not expensive and have lasted going on 10 years now.

Here's a few designs. some of course would not work well for golf.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hand+puppets&rlz;=1C1CHFX_enUS454US455&espv;=2&biw;=1366&bih;=659&tbm;=isch&tbo;=u&source;=univ&sa;=X&ved;=0CEoQsARqFQoTCLq52KCLtscCFYGLkgodCNQF5w&dpr;=1

Patch! Do the hand puppets actually stay on the head tight enough? Seems like they are a little big at the bottom and might not fit very snug.

In the Sunmountain Bag

Driver - Ping G30

3 Wood - Adams Speedline Super S

3&4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha's

Irons - Callaway Xhot
Wedges - 54 & 60 S Grind Titleist Vokey SM5
Putter - Oddysey White Hot
Ball - Callaway Super Soft & Bridgestone e6

I have never had a problem with them not staying on. Even when I might use a cart, or play in windy conditions. They don't have the long "sock" like material at the bottom, but they work just fine anyways. Obviously if the golfer has a leather bag, or bag that might be abrasive to the shafts, they would offer no protection.

My favorites are a Monkey for my putter, and a St Bernard for my driver. Another reason I like them because they look more realistic than the ones sold in golf shops.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I thought about using a stuffed animal minus the stuffing but wanted something more custom. The hand puppet is an interesting idea as long as the head of the driver fits in but I'm just barely more grown up than most of the themes. They need age appropriate hand puppets.

I rock Darth Vader on my SLDR.  He strikes fear into my opponents.

I hum the Vader theme song as I pull out the driver to smash the ball 415 on average (It's the internet so I have to add like 130 yards to my average drive, right?)

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

I have a Black Lab headcover for my driver. I think it is from Daphne's. It is easy to get on and off and has not come off on it's own. I probably should get a Chihuahua the way I hit my driver sometimes.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I am bored at work just waiting for the time to get here when I can leave to go to league night (hour long drive). You people aren't posting things fast enough to keep me occupied so I thought I would start a thread about Driver Head Covers. What 'out of the ordinary' head cover are you using? Or what head cover would you like? Here is mine... No, I don't look like Cerrano (now the All-State guy). I'm a little more Caucasian. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/130188/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/130189/] [/URL]

Where did you get the Jobu headcover? That thing is awesome, and I have a buddy who would love one of those.

Where did you get the Jobu headcover? That thing is awesome, and I have a buddy who would love one of those.

It was custom made and a bit expensive (but worth it IMO). I found a woman on Etsy that makes head covers from pictures of people and asked her if she would entertain making one of the statue picture. She is in the UK so shipping was another expense. I can give you her details if your buddy would be interested after knowing the price will be over $100. Yes, I paid over $100 for a hand puppet.

Yeah, that's too steep. At half the price I might consider it, but $100 for a headcover is too much for him (and me). Still very cool. And thanks for sharing. Definitely one of a kind.

I rock Darth Vader on my SLDR.  He strikes fear into my opponents.

I hum the Vader theme song as I pull out the driver to smash the ball 415 on average (It's the internet so I have to add like 130 yards to my average drive, right?)

My playing partner has the same cover............LOL  He does hit the ball 10 miles!

My cover has seen better days because he is missing his nose, but I refuse to replace him.......

Brutus Buckeye Rocks!  He's also been around the world.  He's been to the "other side" of the planet.......he's been to a Robert Trent Jones Jr course on Penang Island,  Malaysia.  His furthest Trek!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My cover has seen better days because he is missing his nose, but I refuse to replace him.......

This just proves..... Ohio State fans really would cut off their nose just to spite their face! Just look at those evil brows and he is still smiling after losing his nose.

Just kidding around. Other than watching in hopes that some underdog knocks down a ranked team college sports mean nothing to me.

• 5 years later...
On 8/19/2015 at 10:12 AM, Grumpter said:

I am bored at work just waiting for the time to get here when I can leave to go to league night (hour long drive). You people aren't posting things fast enough to keep me occupied so I thought I would start a thread about Driver Head Covers. What 'out of the ordinary' head cover are you using? Or what head cover would you like? Here is mine... No, I don't look like Cerrano (now the All-State guy). I'm a little more Caucasian.

93bade4a_Jobu.jpeg

003bfd04_Jobu2.jpeg

Can you give me the details on who you got this from?

I want one!!

4 minutes ago, Pat24 said:

Can you give me the details on who you got this from?

I want one!!

Welcome to TheSandTrap, Pat.  I suggest you don't hold your breath waiting for a response, This thread is almost 6 years old, and @Grumpter hasn't made an appearance here since 2017.  Still, we're glad to have you!

• Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 10 months later...
Note: This thread is 817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!