IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did some setup drills and shot a bucket on grass at the south range this morning. Not sure if I have time for another round this morning. Work.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9/9/15: Hit some 4, 5, and 6 irons this morning before work, focusing on in-line impact and weight forward.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Did some setup drills and shot a bucket on grass at the south range this morning. Not sure if I have time for another round this morning. Work.

Felt pretty confident that my setup is working, but I only used it on a grass driving range and a driving range mat. The real test will be no a course.

Only 2 buckets today. It's really hot outside. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played 45 holes today. Once I figured out my main focus should be to make sure I'm dropping my right elbow at the top, I was able to hit the ball really well!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Practiced outside with long irons ... 5 iron in particular ... focused on stead head and moving hips .

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Lesson.  Video review of 7i and 3w swings.  A little bit of tension in both, so the left elbow is not folding all of the way.  Good contact in the middle of the club face.  Good shoulder turn, good hip slide starting the down swing.

Lag putting from 25 feet.  Good tempo, speed is just about right.  All putts ended up in easy kick in range.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Hope I didn't overdo again this evening, another large bucket. Went back to the range to work on setup before my LSW day tomorrow.

Hope I'm not the only one either. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

After a night of drinking ... I practiced putting before my round ... I just did not feel like full swings that early in the morning.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Driving range at 5:00am, probably tired out my muscles, also made some corrections to my setup on driver a la LSW abs Erik.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played 9 today in the rain today. Warmed up focusing on the backswing and setup.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Swing fan warm up.  Indoor swings.  Back swing and hold.  Then half swings, brush the carpet.  Full swings, same thing.

Working on:

1)  Full shoulder turn

2)  Hip slide/turn

3)  Left elbow fold

4)  No tension

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

9/10/15: Played 14 holes today, cannot hit a wedge from 70-105 yards to save my life.. Going to practice that some tomorrow. Details then

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

9/11/15: Patriot Day, let us not forget the innocent men and women who lost their lives 14 years ago today... Worked on the 70-105 yard, gap and sand wedge issue, I tried to soften up my wrists a little, by softening my grip a little, Jody was right, the more relaxed you are the bigger that sweet spot becomes... Remember, the things we take for granted like being able to practice our golf games and watch football with our families, are protected by our military... So if you know someone in the military or see someone in uniform, Sincerely thank them for protecting out freedom.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Was on a LARGE practice putting green today, so I took advantage and practiced distance putts on 20 footers ...

Driving range at 5:00am, probably tired out my muscles, also made some corrections to my setup on driver a la LSW abs Erik.

Driving range last night 2 large buckets, with 50 driver to work on what I learned at LSW. 1.5 large buckets this morning and 50 balls at lunch working on driver and 3W off the deck.

LSW is like magic. Didn't take the "see results immediately" literally enough. Just the one thing I learned is amazing. I can't wait until I apply the rest of the book.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Pitching indoors with a foam ball into the wall.  Float loady....let gravity bring the club down and turn through the shot.  Chipping as well, land it at the base of the wall.  The half and 3/4 swings with the wedge on the carpet, brush the carpet.  Smooth tempo.

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Hit about another 50 balls with driver to confirm what I did at lunch. Then hit a ton of irons.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9/12/15: Spent 10 minutes this morning working on a smoother swing with a 6i, focused on softer wrists and a smoother transition at the top.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!