IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Practiced posture in front o full length mirrior and checked position at top of backswing.

Most i could do as still recovering from severe man-flu :cry:

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More mirror swings in preparation for range work with my LW. Thinking of only bringing that club with me to the range.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on getting into the right position at A4 and 5, then having my pivot complete the turn to A9 per my Evolvr lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

More mirror swings in preparation for range work with my LW. Thinking of only bringing that club with me to the range.

So, one modification I made is to "flex" my ankle/foot muscles to stabilize my body. This seemed to help me with more precise targeting, and helped me push off the lead foot better. This one change is going to take me some time to make. I was wearing floppy sneakers and had the strings loosened up enough to use them as loafers. Tightening up the strings helped as well.

Also figured out that my "draw is between 5 and 10 degrees. So, I setup 7.5 degrees (according to my protractor) left of target. Hit the 5 foot target about 3 times. When I went to 105 yards my 52 degree was still drawing too far to the right. By the time I hit my 8i it was a little over 10 degrees to target.

I hooked a lot of 6i with the flexed foot thing. So, I'm going back to working on the 7i. Just figured I'm not ready for 6i yet.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Indoor swings.  Just concentrated on tempo.  Smooth back, smooth through.  Brush the carpet.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Rainy weather here today ... inside office chair drill.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

2 buckets in the morning. Getting some semblance of a rhythm again. Takes a lot of time to get the timing down. Without the alignment sticks, I would be completely lost.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9/22/15: I hit chip shots for 10 minutes this morning focusing on rhythm.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Better weather today ... was able to putt on my green. I play a game where I hit the ball with a ball ( croquet ) all around my green ... makes me hit a smaller target and breaks the practice up a bit.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

2 buckets in the morning. Getting some semblance of a rhythm again. Takes a lot of time to get the timing down. Without the alignment sticks, I would be completely lost.

1 more large bucket this evening.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Outdoor swings with driver and 5h. Smooth speed. Full shoulder turn. No tension in hands.

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

9/23/15: Worked on putting this morning with my 48" ruler this morning focusing on line for about 10 minutes.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hip rotation drills and my usual "wrist-set-inside-out" drill swing. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Putted on my green today ... my default practice ... worked on 5 footers ...

Hip rotation drills and my usual "wrist-set-inside-out" drill swing. . .

Spent more time doing inside out swing. Not going to say how many buckets I hit, but it's a record for me. I was comparing 5 drivers. Finally settled on i25-PWR55-9.5 set to 9 in stiff. Gives me the longest carry and total yardage. At first I got 1800 rpm of side spin, slice, then as I adjusted my swing to a higher speed and more inside out with the same fix, got it down to 150-250 for a light fade. My dispersion was very tight for a driver. I only totally messed up 3 of my 50 shots. Returned the 75. The 55 is so light I feel like I'm not swinging much of anything. There's a lot of work to do with my timing. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Practiced back swing.  Then 1/2 swings.  Proper take away.  Good shoulder turn.  Toe up to toe up.  then full swings, good tempo and brush the carpet.

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Working hard transitioning from a 136 gram shaft to a 55 gram one. Hit lots of balls to try it. . .got a few good shots out there just like on the launch monitor. Only a few so far.

It's funny that I can get as much side spin as some people get backspin. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

10 minutes mirror work on my new piece, centered hip turn with emphasis on keeping in flexion. My instructor wants my left hip to move a bit forward at A4, so the practice was on the backswing to A4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!