IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I had a career day on Saturday - 85 (44/41) on the Gold Course at Hyland Hills . We played the whites (68.2/117, 6242 yds.), but on #15 and #17 we teed off from the blues b/c the whites basically took the fun (forced carry) out of the hole. So, it was probably more like 6400 yds. My previous best 18 was 88, and my previous best 9 was 42.

I played very solid, not spectacular, no blowups. I just didn't make any huge mistakes, and had a good calm head, but no heroics either - no long bombs or chip-ins. Very solid ballstriking, and solid putting - lots of tap-ins for bogey or par. 1 birdie, 7 pars, 6 bogeys, 4 doubles. 4 FW, 7 GIR, 35 putts, 2 penalties.

Edit - the only bad part about this is that we're out of season so this won't count towards handicap, but neither will the 103 I hacked up the previous round.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

37 on the front end of Pioneer (par 34). Overcast, really wet and the air was pretty heavy. I didn't get any roll to speak of; I think my longest drive of the day was 235, embedded in its own mark. But I kept the ball in play, probably because of that - I only took one penalty stroke from a water ball. The highlight of the day was my chipping and putting - if I was any better I'd be on Tour.

4/7 fairways, 3/9 greens, 13 putts, with 4 up and downs and one sand save.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

another new 18-hole course today... played for the first time ever from the blue tees (it was a pretty straight lay-out).

shot a 107...could be my highest score ever with a course rating of 73,9 & slope 139.

iron play is improving and i think the changes to my swing will be reflected on the scorecard after 3-4 more outings. i really feel that i am swinging in to out and have more consistency. plus, my wrists don't hurt anymore even after hours of practicing, which is an encouraging sign :).

driver, 5i, vokey and putter are my most used clubs currently. the rest have been largely ignored.

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

Shot a RECORD BREAKING (for me anyway :P) 95 today. Never shot under 100 in my life so i am pretty happy with today's events. With my handicap, thats a 7-under so yeah..Hopefully that bastard handicap will start going down.

Goodluck to everyone elses round. ;)

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

Thursday: 42 on the front side of Pioneer (par 34) when it was 38 degrees and a howling 30+ mph wind at times. Couldn't get my ball to sit still on a green a couple times, but I actually did alright, all considered.

Today: 43 on the back nine of Pioneer (par 36) from the tips. I tried to pull the same Tin Cup shots I'd do from the white tees...well, I paid for it three or four times when I ended up chipping out sideways and still have 280 to go to the hole.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

back in Idaho now. Played at Jerome country club today with Linkster. I started off on fire with 3 birdies on the first 3 holes. Had another birdie on 9 but by then that just got me back to +1. Made my eagle putt on 16 for the days highlight. I ended up with a 77, and Linkster ended with an 87, but thats good. His game is coming back!!!
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I played a round at Huntington Country Club with a couple of my members. Got off to a routine start of solid pars, but ended up making bogies on 6 and 10. I made a birdie on 11 and one more on 18 to shoot even par 70.

I shot a 43 on the front nine at White Lake Oaks yesterday. We usually play the back, but since the place was empty at 9:00, I don't know why 34 degrees would scare people away, we went off the front. I played well enough for the first 5 hole having not played in a couple weeks.

I was 2 over through 5. I made a bad double on 6. I followed that with a solid tee shot on 7. My approach shot was less than 3 feet from being outstanding. I ended up in a bunker, just right of the green. A little left and I'm pin high with a short birdie put. I hit a good sand shot and missed the par save. I also lipped out the bogey. I doubled 8 as well. Finished with a par for 43.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

45+ on the back nine of Pioneer (par 36). Did good for the first three holes (bogey, birdie, par) but then got stuck behind a really slow foursome of old guys. Spent the next hour playing all of three holes. On the third hole I started firing warning shots into them because it was getting dark... not to mention angry because my round was falling apart. Nothing's worse on my mental game than after hitting a bad shot having to wait 20 minutes to hit the next one. So I finally skipped ahead of them and rushed to get the last few holes in. Jumped in the car and sped off to a night class. Slid in sideways.

2 over 74 today in dry but wet (dry day wet course) conditions. Last round I posted a 75 and that was 6 weeks ago. We've had alot of rain the last month and timing to get out hasn't been all that favourable until today. I'm absolutely ecstatic with the round of course even though I managed to leave about 8 putts (all within 15 feet) short of the hole thus never having a chance to go in. Make 2 of those and I'm even par today. Regardless, it was my best round ever on the same course that I posted a 74 on a few years back when playing from the blue tees and in summer conditions. Today played from the tips (6700 yards, 72.0/124) in wintery conditions so I think I destroyed that old score even though I carded the same number.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Shot a 97 at Coal Creek (70.5/126, 6602 yds.) on Saturday.

Started off with a Par after a horrible tee shot, Quadrupled the next hole with a FIVE putt (first one of those in as long as I can remember). The greens were really slow and it took me a few holes to adjust. Then I played fairly consistent, but I just couldn't get anything going scoring-wise.

2 pars, 10 bogeys, 4 doubles, and 2 others. 3 FW, 2 GIR, 37 putts, 1 penalty. Pretty ugly really.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I shot a 101 on 18 yesterday (51 front, 50 back). That's my best score ever, but sadly I couldn't keep the score card because my cousin shot under 50 for his first time on the front 9.

I shot 78 (40-38) today on my par 72 home course. 8 bogies, 2 birdies. 9 fairways, 7 Greens in Reg., 30 putts. I played well, and am happy with the round.
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

Just got back from my round today. After breaking 100 for the first time last week (95) i had pretty high expectations. Ended up finishing with a 105 (53 front, 52 back) at my home course. Par of 72 so taking off my handicap i was 3 over for the day. It wasnt too bad i suppose..There is always room for improvement with a handicap like this but i was surprised. I didnt feel up to it today and thought i would put myself under too much pressure to repeat last weeks round but i did ok. Kept sitting my putts just on the edge of the lip. Short all day.

Thats my excuse anyway

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

I went out today for the first time in 15 years and I hit a 71!!! (for 9 holes)

In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Most possibly the last time out for the season but I went out with a bang. Even for nine holes. There's snow in the forecast for the next five days. Not that I'm complaining.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

Played Friday at RiverView (par-70), shot a 98. I totally lost focus on holes 10-12 and was ten over on just those holes.

On the plus side, I had my first non-par-3 birdie on a par-5. Still no par-4 birdies, although I had chances. This was also the course where I scored my first regulation birdie.

I also flew the green on par-4s twice after simply monster drives. Either I'm getting stronger or I'm doing something wrong in measuring. Someone of my handicap shouldn't be flying the green with a sand wedge!

4 GIRs, two of which became pars and one became a birdie. The other was barely a GIR and I three-putted. But whatever; I one-putted the previous and next greens (but they weren't GIRs).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades