What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

43 on the front 47 on the back for a 90
36 Putts 4 GIR
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

49 over 9 holes.
18 putts, 2 lost balls blew it up from 45.

But lost balls are lost balls and penalties. Funny how you remember those: one a wicked slice into nowhere, and the other, a long pull into some trees, that never seemed to drop to earth. There was no undergrowth to speak of to lose the ball in, but no ball either.

One par only, a 119 yd PW to 8 ft of the hole and a barely missed putt for tap in. I'll take it.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

93. It felt so great though. Only one hole went poorly before I got to the green. For some reason I toed a ton of chips which is very uncharacteristic.

I'm on the edge of a huge breakthrough. I'll be shooting mid to low 80s consistently before August.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Shot +2 (74) on a short course yesterday. One birdie, 3 bogies. And a ton of one putts. Only played 9 today and shot even. One Birdie, one bogie but I played so much better today. Beautiful drives, 9/9 gir. I'm just on the cupse of breaking out into a under par round soon.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Best round this year, shot 83, getting close to breaking 80.

Driver was on fire, hit 13/14 fairways. The only one I missed, I drove thru the fairway on a dogleg right par 5. Had to hit a 9 iron over the pine trees to get back in the fairway and then another 9 iron onto the green.

10/18 GIR, 1 birdie, 10 pars, 2 bogies, 5 doubles. Need to get rid of the doubles.

That was fun !!

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

Well, after firing my personal best 76 last week with a 2-under on the back nine, I followed it up with another stellar performance this weekend.

We went to Dallas and I got to play a course that actually presents some challenge in the way of water and LOTS of sand.

Shot a 78. 38-40

I know I made a minor change in my swing a few weeks ago and it seems to have really caught on. I'm firing with my irons right at the pins. Driver is staying straight and my misses aren't bad misses. Anything within 130 yards and I've been pretty deadly lately getting most to within 12 feet.

Hope I can keep this up. Don't know what it's doing to my handicap, but I imagine it's falling fast.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I shot (+7) 77 yesterday. With six birdies....ive never been so disgusted about a round under 80 in my golfing life.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I shot a 77 (+7), 11 pars, 7 bogeys, didn't even realize I had shot that low until we added up the scores in the car on the way home. Thank goodness my brother didn't either or he would have been talking crap all round.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

88. 46/42. I'm struggling with my putter now. It's always something. I may have to go back to the "look at the hole" style until I cure these yips. I need to focus more on the target and not watch the putter go back. When I watch the putter I always subconsciously adjust it on the backswing. No good.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

My chipping has become my main focus to improve my putting and take pressure off my approach.It's working and on a short 5000 yd course par 66 here in uk I have beaten my previous best.
I have had 105,two 99's,and a 96,but shot 92 yesterday.Need the same confidence on 6000 yarders because I can reach most par 4's in two so no reason to think I can't chip on in the same fashion.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

• Administrator

Only played nine at Whispering Woods, shot 37 . I'm finding that I'm really taking advantage lately of the few good shots I hit in a round.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

played 1 ball today... which was absolutely essential since i forgot to restock the bag and only brought 3 balls to the course... *slaps forehead*
45 front/9 over
41 back/5 over
for an 86 total...
front just hammered me...
driving was horrendous... i dont think i hit my driver 150 today and thats on the "good" shots...
thank goodness my 3w was absolute money...
irons were pretty crisp...
putter was so so...
had 4 pars in a row then a bogey and finished with a par... where was that on the front?
i just need more consistency... my scores are all over the place lately
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

HOLY CRAP!! Played one of my regular courses today from a set of tees back because I'm feeling good about myself...6400 yards/par 70 & 71.2/125. I hit an awesome 11 of 14 fairways....and shot 105. HOLY CRAP. Out with a 59

Fortunately I pulled my head out and got in with a 46 which isn't my best, but I was like a totally different golfer for the back. The start of the problem is that I had 2 GIRs (guess the longer tees made a difference, eh?), and that's where everything went to crap.

Where does this stuff come from?

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Played Heritage Park in Olathe. Shot (even) 35 and (+4) 40 for a 75 from the back tees.
3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 2 doubles.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

matched my personal best with an 82 tonight... with 5 effing 3 putts. 2 of them came from within 6 feet. I can blame a little on slow bumpy greens but there is no damn reason to miss most of the putts I missed.

On the bright side, though, my game off the tee and ball striking with my irons was pretty good minus a couple strokes.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

77 on Saturday, and felt pretty good about myself. Funny, but I (and everyone I talked to) knew that when I played on Sunday, I'd come crashing back to earth. I was right. 89. Oh well. Playing in Hilton Head this weekend on vacation, so hopefully I'll channel Saturday's round and not Sunday's.

In my Titleist stand bag:
Ping G5 10.5* Adila NV S
Titleist F2 15.5* VooDoo FW-S
TaylorMade Burner Rescue Hybrid '07 19* 65-S
Mizuno MP52 4-5 irons, Project X 5.5, 1* upright (4i bent to 23*)Mizuno MP57 6-PW, Project X 5.5, 1* uprightMaltby GW 53*; Titleist Vokey SW 58-12; Cougar LW 64*Zebra...