IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 76 today but a little more scrambling involved. A good bit more wind but another pretty day. Put the Wilson Staff irons in the closet this week and played with my old Callaway VFT irons and they felt good. Kind of fun playing with something different for a change. Will keep them in the bag for a while.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Hallelujah!! Got to play today. Forgotten how much fun it was . Shot 81 with a four putt (crazy). Ball striking was really pretty good considering the layoff. Had a little trouble with the short game but was just so happy to get out and play I didn't care.

So I decided to take about a month off from the intensive golf that I usually do and played in my 1st tournament today for the 2010 season. I was paired with the club champ and 2 other good sticks as we normally play together. I had people scratching their head today when I posted a cool 80...lol The even funnier thing is it could have easily been an 85 if I had not made a couple of 15 or so feet worth of pars... I needed the break though I was getting a little burnt out!

Too cold to play now but shot 47 (nine holes) last time out.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge 10*
Woods: Mizuno F-60 (15*, 18*); Hybrids: Callaway FT-iZ 21*, Callaway X 24*
Irons: Mizuno MX 25 (5I - GW)
Wedges: Mizuno MP T Chrome (56/10), MP T-10 Black Satin (60/8)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

Shot even par, 71, today for the first time in my life. Teed off at 7:50 as a threesome and we got around in 3 hours, only had to wait for one shot all day. Was playing with a demo driver as my driver was being reshafted and now I'm really tempted to just go and buy the same club. Hit 8 of 14 fairways, 13 of 18 GIR and had 31 putts. 3 birdies, 3 bogeys, 12 pars. This was the first real solid round that I never really felt stressed or like I was grinding out there I've had in awhile. Hoping I can keep this up as I the SF city championship is coming up in a month and I'm playing the championship flight for the first time.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Weather was finally nice again. Been out a few times since Christmas but was cold and didn't play very well. Today I shot a 44 for a +8 which is the best score I have had since I started playing last may. I felt like I finally am starting to figure some stuff out.

77 today on a wet track. Cart path only. We had a guy show up today that has won the club championship a couple of times and I felt like a 20 handicapper. He shot a 67 and made it look easy. But he is a scratch golfer.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

I didn't shoot crap today! I live in disgusting western ny where it was whahoooooo 33 degrees today and miserable. God my life sucks. I can only dream of green fairways and soft summer winds. I am tired of chipping and putting in my apartment. I feel a road trip coming up.

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

I didn't shoot crap today! I live in disgusting western ny where it was whahoooooo 33 degrees today and miserable.

I feel your pain.LOL. I know you don't want to hear this, but it was beautiful here today. Mid 60's, sunny and played in short sleeves. The local junior college was practicing today and most were in shorts. I shot another 77 but the score was a lot better than I played. Course pretty soft and muddy so easy to hit fat shots. But I'm not complaining, it was freezing here this time last week.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

I feel your pain.LOL. I know you don't want to hear this, but it was beautiful here today. Mid 60's, sunny and played in short sleeves. The local junior college was practicing today and most were in shorts.

Nice temps are always followed by rain in January. Rained me out yesterday and rained a lot last night. Too wet to play today.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

38 and sunny here today! I stopped by my local course just to tell it I missed her and would see her when the snow was gone from her long lanky doglegs:(

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

Personal Best today of 79! First time under 80!!! (admittedly it was only a slope of 112 )

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

108 getting closer to breaking into double digits!!! beautiful day 55 sunny not common around here this time of year, and first time swinging a club in 2 plus weeks!

Shot 10 over for an 82 at P.A.R. country club in Comanche Tx

i15 irons with stiff shafts
R9 Driver, 9.5* stiff shaft
R9 3 wood, regular shaft
wedges 52, 56, 60
White Ice Sabertooth putter hoofer bagAdidas Tour 360 4.0 shoes

Hi everyone, my first post here.

Living in Denver we have had ZERO chance to golf this winter (which is really rare).
As a birthday present for myself the wife and I went down to Mesquite, NV the week of Dec. 14th.

I was dying to play Wolf Creek because of all the good reviews I had heard for it.
What an amazing golf course! I played from the tips and it is LOOOONG! I loved all the elevation changes. If you get a chance definitely drop the cash to play this course.
I ended up shooting a 68 for the round!

I played The Palms the next day and shot 70. Visually, it was quite a let down compared to Wolf Creek, but it only cost me $20 to play so YEY!

I'm glad I found this site,
Knotthead

The last round I played, before all our rain, sleet, and snow, I posted an 82. One of my best shots during that round was from behind a tree, about 130 yards from the green. Directly facing the woods to my right and a punch shot to my left, back onto the fairway were my easiest choices. I used my 7 iron and hit a sharp draw, which fortunately was perfect. The ball landed two yards onto the green. Two putt par!

Managed to get 36 in yesterday at Gold Mountain, shot a 94 on the first 18 and a lifetime best of 86 on the second. They had temp greens which I had never played on before on a couple of holes, and I can barely move now, but yay 86.