IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

82 from the championship tees. Struck the ball more solidly than I have in a looong time. Didn't translate in score. Putting was not that bad either. No three jacks.
Starting to think I've peaked. And I'm on the backside of career/

My record round of 77. Previous record was an 81. I made 6 up and downs that i wouldn't have made normally, inc 2 sand saves, and a 30 yard flop shot over some 10m high trees on an upslope. missed 1 putt inside 6ft, which was crucial. Dissappointingly made a triple which was also a 3 putt. and one other 3 putt. but after 2 years playing the game, this 17 year old just broke 80!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

82 gotta do something about the lip out putts.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

88 at a course I normally like, but 4 of the greens were washed out and they were aerating them during my round. Overall a good day, but I am learning just how much practice I need with the putter.

95. I'm taking this as a reminder to myself I am getting better with management and recovery for several reasons. First, my swing felt like crap from the 1st tee (topped my hybrid 40 yards). Second, I left a few putts short while having the perfect line. And third, I was +6 on the four Par 3s. If this were at the same course earlier in the year or last year, I'm looking at 100+ easy.

One thing for my personal goals: there's a par 5 500 yards with a little river running across the fairway at about 400 from the tee. I hit a great drive and got some nice roll, 255 according to GPS. 145 to cross the river and I hit a nice 7 iron to leave me a short pitch for GIR. First time I've crossed the river in two (I've tried several times previously and either chunk it in the water or leave it short.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Last time I played was about 2 weeks ago at a course in the Chicago burbs, Its called Flagg Creek. This is the second time Ive played this course this year, first time I shot a 52 and two weeks ago I picked up two strokes and shot a 49. This is only a 9 hole course. Played Big run and a few others in the Chicago land but shot about a 130. Stop keeping score after the front 9. This is my first year playing golf and fell in love with it right away.

Jim

8/4: 39 @ Brooklawn Golf Course (Dewitt, NY). 6 pars, 3 bogeys. Made key par putts on holes #3, 4, 7 & 8. Hit 2 of 6 fairways, 4 of 9 GIR.

FT-5 Tour Driver (9.5* w/ Aldila SV-65 shaft)
Supersteel Burner Fairway Metal (15*)
Supersteel Burner (3-PW) Irons
SV Tour Wedges (50.10, 56.14)
DFX 9900 Putter tour i(x) balls

85, my lowest of the year on a par 72 and my second lowest ever(84). My shot of my life was a 7 iron from 155 to less than 12 inches for what would be a birdie.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

Played 27 in 104 degrees. Shot 44, 41, 38. First nine I was really trying to find a groove with my new TaylorMade Burner. Once I got that going it was a much better day. The driver is awesome. I was finding an average of 15 extra yards!

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

92 and truly a tale of two nines. 51 front, 41 back. Hit 79% of fairways and only 28% of GIR. 1 penalty shot. 36 putts.

Nice day out, 66 degrees and sunny. Light breeze. OK for mid-winter!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot Par for nine today! (34) It was the first time in 3 weeks I got to get out. What a wonderful round. Birdied the first hole with a short chip and short putt, and only took a bogey on the 3rd par 3 (got an unlucky bounce). I also birdied the par 4 300y 7th, drove to the left of green pin high and flubbed my chip, but still drained a 25' putt. Trouble came on the par 4 8th. I hit my drive in the left part of the fairway, which kicks downhill left hard, especially in the harder conditions, which made it go longer into trouble. There is a whole boarder of trees protecting the 9th tee, where I headed. Ended with an ugly double bogey. Brought it home on 9, hardest hole, with a birdie! Dogleg left, perfect 4 iron wrapped around the corners, over the bunkers, 2 yards in front of the 150 marker. Perfect! Downhill shot plays about 10 yards short, grabbed my 9 iron and one hop right towards the hole, 2 ft putt. Made my day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played at my home course today (par 59). Shot an 84. A few pars, some bogeys and doubles, and one triple.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Bleah, 50 for 9 holes. That's about average, but I'd been on a downward trend (with a major hiccup last week). Finally parred the bugbear #2 hole (par 3 guarded by an intimidating tree) after a fair (but underclubbed) tee shot by pitching from 20 yards to 8 inches and tapping in. Studying Utley's short game book seems to have been paying off. Also finally got over my usual mental block that ensures I slice a driver behind the driving range net on the par 5 5th hole. Striped one dead straight down the center right up to the 200 yard marker---it was literally dead center, 203 yards from the green. Of course, I "capitalized" on this by blocking my hybrid to the right, short and behind a tree so I just had to chip out on my 3rd stroke instead of my 2nd. Nearly saved par, ended up with a bogey... The real problem holes, as usual, were 1 and 9, both long par 4s that I took triple bogeys on both of. I hate those holes. They ensure that your round starts and ends on a frustrating note.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"