IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a +4 76 today. What a beautiful day, temps around 70 degrees and I wore shorts. Going to be low 70's all week. Mother nature is giving us a much deserved break after snow last week. Hopefully an early spring is in the making.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I went out for the first round of the year, today. I played 9 holes, par 36, and had a 13 over 49. About average for me, last summer. I actually hit the ball really, really well all day, I just couldn't get away from the 3 putts. Once I get comfortable on the green again, I expect my scores to start dropping.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

+1 on a 9-hole par 3. Getting fit for a 36-hole jaunt first of March in Vallejo. Starting to trust my grip changes and really working with the putter.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I shot 88 today  (6418, 69.6, 116) which is pretty good for me.  But I only hit 5 fairways, 5 greens and had 5 saves and 36 putts (that sucks with 5 three putts).  But it does tell me where I need to work some.  CU on the putting green.

Butch

Up early for a maybe/maybe not game. Constant rain was a challenge. As I was the only one who rocked up I played the back nine alone.

43, par 37 (-1 nett) 13 putts. 1 fairway (rebound off a tree) and 0 GIR.

A good warm up for pennant on Sunday (apparently we will be getting plenty of rain)

If I can hit a few greens, I reckon I'll go alright.

I know a lot of people wont be impressed, but considering ive been playing for only two years now… I HAD MY BEST ROUND EVER!! Shot an 84 at my home course (which is still a really hard course). I have yet to break 90 there… So Im pretty stoked today!!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I shot a 78 today at Skylinks in Long Beach, a 38 on the front and 40 on the back.I went bogey, double bogey on 17 and 18. Overall it was a good round with a lot of pars

and an eagle on 15. There were just a few putts i should have dropped, but i have to say the putting is looking a little better

titleist.gif909 D2 w/ Aldila NV 75 x
titleist.gif909 F2 w/ VooDoo s
nike.gifVR TW Forged 3-PW 
nike.gifVR 52.10*, 56.14*, 60.10*ping.gifAnser  

Tale of two nines -- 43 and 37 for an 80 (+8). Damn stupid game. First round out of the 70s this year. Felt a bit glum about it until it occurred to me that I only broke 80 for the first time last September. Decided instead to just be happy that progress has been made.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a birthday round yesterday, happened to be my first round of the year, shot 45/45, par 70. Didn't play the greatest, left a lot of putts out there, but really need to get my short game and iron play back in the groove!

Still trying to find my swing!

Today was alot better shot 73 +1 (3 birdies, 2 doubles, 13 pars).  I hit 8/14 fairways, 15/18 greens, totaled 32 putts, not so good in the putting category but it is my second round and the greens were slower than usual.  I thought I would have met one of my 2011 goals in just my second round (shooting par).  There might be an asterik behind this one though as the conditions were PCP because of all of the melting snow.  I left 4 birdie putts an inch short, literally an inch, I was so mad at myself.  If those were to fall I would have been under, or if I would have gotten rid of the two double bogeys on 9 and 18.

Sunday:  85 (45/40) @ Knox Municipal

Yesterday:  89 (46/43) @ Dead Horse Lake

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Shot 79 today at Legion Memorial in Everett, Wa, a course I'd never even seen before.

I hadn't played since early December due to weather, moving and starting a new job.

40* and 10-15 mph wind. I scored well, but only hit a few good shots, didn't spray the driver, and had 12 putts on the front, with only 2 GIR. Iron game was way off.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

Shot 78 at Marty Sanchez Links de Santa Fe today. First round of the season. Hit the ball so well, missed 2 Fairways and 4 Greens. Putting seemed to be where i was rusty. Winter golf sucks, i hate the cold and the dead greens. I turned 15 foot birdie putts into bogeys at least 6 times.

Shot an ugly 99 yesterday at River Ridge (6274, 69.9, 128).  It was really windy, gusts to 39 and sustained over 20.  It really wreaked havoc off the tee especially.  On one par five, the wind was behind us and my drive split the fairway and went 340 yds, leaving me 155 to the green (made birdie).  On another hole, against the wind, I was lucky to get the ball 200 yds, and you can imagine what happened after that.  Very frustrating round.

In mymaxfli.gif Tour Stand Bag:
callaway.gifHyper X Tour - 10.5* Driver - Fujikura Fit-On E-360 Stiff Shaft
titleist.gif980F 15* 3wd - Fujikura Speeder Stiff Shaft
callaway.gif FT - 18* Hybrid - Fujikura Fit-On M Stiff Shaft
ping.gifISI-K - 3-pw - Ping Z-z65 Stiff Steel Shaftscleveland.gif588DSG - 56* SW & 60* LWheavyputter.gif B3-M Puttercallaway.gifsrixon.gif, or titleist.gifBalls