IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 80 for the second time in a row. I played by myself and after 9 holes I had 44 and was contemplating calling it a day (I wasnt playing too bad but it was constantly one great shot followed by a terrible one and it was hacking me off). Anyway I decided I had nothing better to do so I carried on to the 10th. I then went par, par, birdie, par, bogey, double bogey, birdie, par, par to card a one over 36. I also thought I had broken the magical 80 (and played 9 holes in level par) with a putt from the fringe on 18 but it just touched the lip and barely changed direction. Still searching for that elusive round in the 70s but im sure its on its way.

My first post here :D

Took up the game about 3 months ago, using my dad's clubs. Still yet to break the 100 barrier over 18 holes.

My round yesterday was on a public beginner's course. (Normally par 33, but 2 new greens are being built currently, making it a par 31) It currently opens with 4 par 4's, followed by 5 par 3's

First 3 holes I went bogey, bogey, bogey, even with some fat iron shots. Next 3 holes, I completely failed, going triple, double, triple. The worst was a 6 on a par 3, in which I chunked the iron tee shot, hit the next shot over the green, chipped it back to the other side of the green, finally chipped it on, and 2 putted. The other triple was on a par 4, on which my tee shot was superb, leaving me about 130 yards to the green, and then I sliced the ball into a bunker, got it onto the green in two from there, and proceeded to 3 putt. (My only 3 putt of the day thankfully)

The last 3 holes were amazing, as I went par par par, my first consecutive pars ever!

So, in total, I shot +11 (42 on this course) over 9 holes, with +8 of that coming from the middle 3 holes. If I do the maths on that, I need  +27 or less over 18 holes to break 100, which is definitely achievable for me. I just need to work on my irons and my chipping.

I plan on playing a full 18 holes on a par 69 in a week. Wish me luck!

98. decent front nine. Back nine, not so much.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

78 today. I've been playing really bad lately like 90s. Shot a 42 on the front. Got to the back nine and was 1 over going into 18 par 5. Had a nice 10' putt small left to right break and drained it. Maybe it's not time to quit this game just yet. --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.339630,-119.090265

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

73 (+1)  in a 25 mph wind with two three putts. Can I hit the ball like that all the time please, God?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My good run of form came to a grinding halt this morning with a 93. Started with a double bogey after pulling my approach into the bunker and then 3 putting. Got back to 4 over through 6 despite missing 2 makeable birdie putts on 4 and 5. I then went into meltdown dropping 9 shots in 3 holes to card a front nine 48. Back nine was pretty much all bogeys apart from 16 (triple bogey after driving into some trees) and a par on 18. 3 putted 14 and 15 too. Not a round to remember.

38+40 for a career best of 78 (+6) one shot better than my previous best. Had several nice shots including a shot to within 1ft on the par 3 14th. The ball hit the pin and stopped dead about a foot away...almost had that elusive hole in one! Was really surprised I shot so well today, it was pretty windy and chilly (~45*).

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

blah, worst score i've posted in a month or so... 86 (42/44) on a par 72.  after 14 holes, i thought i was at least on track to do no worse than 80, but a complete and utter blow-up at 15 where i had to take an 8, and then a double bogey on 17, and missed a 12 foot birdie putt by a whisker on 18... it just wasn't my day.

78....... two shanked irons cost me 2 doubles and I 3-putted twice.

Otherwise....I played great. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Finally had my breakthrough day.

Been playing just over a year & everything was finally clicking.     In simplest terms, I've found there are SIX components to this game, each of which have to be working to score well (driver; long irons/hybrid; mid irons; wedges, chipping; putter).       I've never had an outing where all six areas have been working together - usually drive well & my wedges let me down; or putting lights out & hooking every other drive off the fairway.       Only melted down on two holes for an 8 and a 10.     Shot a legit 90.     If it weren't for the two blowout holes, would have reached my goal of the 80s.     This is very encouraging ... finally feels like after all the work I've put into it htis year,  I've made significant progress .. too bad the year is over .

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Shot 76 at Royal Links Golf Club in Las Vegas with 5 3putts!!  Which is crazy because I putted brilliantly on most of the holes but those 5 3putts were terrible.  A lot of it had to do with the inconsistency from green to green.  Some were rolling VERY fast and others were terribly slow which made lag putting a bit of a guessing game.  If the greens were consistent, it would've easily been an even par round.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

On Sunday i shot a 38 with 60mph winds, with only hitting 2 greens, 1 fairway. but the 13 putts helped

Driver- Titleist 910 D2 RIP 60 S- shaft

3 wood- Taylormade RBZ S shaft

Hybrid- Taylormade superfast 2.0 S shaft

Irons- Titleist AP2 712 DG- S300

Wedges- titleist vokey sm4

Putter- SC Fast Back

Our par 71 was playing a stroke shorter today with the spare hole in play.

82 OTS, which was on handicap (36 points)

I putted righty today with a left hand low grip and I liked the results. I went from missing maybe 7/8 from 3-6 feet, to making 7/8 from 3-6 feet.

A disappointing 3 putt bogey on the last, although I did have to come up a 1.5 metre hill to the top tier. The 2nd putt lipped out..... wah.

Currently sitting 3rd in A Grade. Just waiting on 2 more people to finish for the final placing.

Today I hit 13 greens in regulation and shot 75. My putting needs serious, professional help.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon