IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

83 today for me. I hit a lot of weak cuts with the driver but my irons were good enough to get me on or close to the green.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I hit 86.

I have really been suffering with the yips around the greens. Driving, long irons and putting has been pretty good. Everything from 120 yards in has been horrific. Not bad, not a few shots leaking, I mean I am looking at 20 yards off the green, up and down for Par and walking away with a double.

I have been thinking about it that much I have started writing about it. It is good therapy.

Shot 48 (+13) after work for 9 holes. Hadn't played for a couple of weeks so I threw away a few shots with rust but finished par (par 3, chip, sunk a 10' putt) par (nGIR, chip to 2', putt)  birdie (good drive, 2 hybrid to nGIR, up and down) which I was very happy with; having started the round very poorly.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Shot an 80 (42/38) on a community course - even 1 tap in for birdie on a 175 yard Par 3.  Pretty happy,

no glove, no shoes, rental gear, no rangefinder, twisted knee, and just a remnant of tennis elbow still in play

oh - and I haven't swung a club since Oct.

I was hitting my tee shots like my best days.  (much lighter grip pressure is the only change I made).  12 out of 14 fairways hit and 3 of 4 pars 3's GIR.  and the two misses were just barely off and not an impact to the next shot.  and the one par 3 miss was horrible.

I had a hard time with GIR though - I wasn't committing to my wedge approaches and kept coming up short.

putting really well though

one par 5 hit driver - 7i to pin high.  pretty big tail wind.  we went back and played that hole twice

felt good to play in Feb

Bill - 

85 and 81 on the weekend (net 73 and 69).

No birdies in either round.

We are playing "winter rules" ie. lift and clean ball and drop within 1 club length all throughout the course except in hazards. Definitely an advantage of probably two or more strokes I feel.

No actual impact on my "real" handicap as for Nov 15 to Mar 1 our posted rounds do not count toward the in season handicap.

I shot an 87. Some nice drives but my iron play saved me. I just bought some nike vrs forged irons and I have to say they are really easy to hit. My drives were ok and my putting was pretty good today as well, had about 3.. 3 puts but the rest were one ore two putts. Overall it was a good round with nice weather just after the pineapple express just roared through. I was surprised that the course was in really good shape.

Taylor Made R1 10.5 Rip Phenom Reg Flex Shaft

Taylor Made 09 Burner 3 wood stock shaft (stiff)

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Hybrid Kurokage stock reg flex shaft

Nike VR_S Forged Irons 4-AW Nippon 950 GH HT stock reg flex shaft

Cleveland 588 RTX 56 deg wedge

Titleist 60 deg wedge

Odysee Versa Sabertooth Putter

44 + 42 = 86. No birdies.

34F at tee-off.  No one else on the course.  10-15 mph winds.  Clear.  ...beautiful.

Full round walking (not rushing) in 2:16.

Too many bogeys, but man did I have fun!

3rd time on the course, 2nd time doing 18 holes (first round I played a 9 hole course). Shot 124. Hit a lot of better shots and had a few really nice shots to remember. Now to find some level of consistency hopefully.

Shot a 44 / 42=86. It was clear and 36 at 8 AM and walking onto the first green there was ice buildup on my shoes. Ok that's a new one. By the 10th hole i was able to shed the jacket and it was just a good day to golf.

Taylor Made R1 10.5 Rip Phenom Reg Flex Shaft

Taylor Made 09 Burner 3 wood stock shaft (stiff)

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Hybrid Kurokage stock reg flex shaft

Nike VR_S Forged Irons 4-AW Nippon 950 GH HT stock reg flex shaft

Cleveland 588 RTX 56 deg wedge

Titleist 60 deg wedge

Odysee Versa Sabertooth Putter

Saturday: 90. Ball striking felt great; just didn't convert many good opportunities. Also overshot a few greens -- either the ball was flying or I'm getting longer (I think it was both). Today (Monday 2/16/15): 93. I felt just exhausted today. Not sure what the issue was. 4 GIR, 4 pars, guess which four? Only one or two near-GIRs, and didn't convert them. Had two triples and a few doubles thrown in.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Actually 10 days ago (last time I played). Shot 101 on Saturday and 104 on Sunday. Couldn't get tee in ground so I had a few "pop ups" which added at least one shot each time if it can be figured that simply. Probably more like 2-3 based upon club selection and how many shots it took to get "on". Played in SW Ohio. We are scheduled to open at the course I work at on March 1... Negative wind chill of 25 tonight and we have had 6-10 inches of snow since three days ago. Getting real itchy...

Brookside Course 1 Blues (6800 yards): 45 (on 10 holes), 42 (back 9) plus a birdie on the 1st hole.

Hole 10: Skyed a drive to the cart path just past the bunker, 6i to right fringe, chip 2 putt, Bogey

Hole 11: Drove straight does the middle past the green on 8. Topped my 3W to the 100 marker, 60 to the right fringe, chip, 2 putts. Bogey

Hole 12: Drove to the hump (pull/fade), 3H to the left fringe pin high, chip, 2 putt, Bogey

Hole 13: 6i off the tee 5 yards short of the front pin. chip and putt. Par

Hole 14: Drove over the right trees just short of the right fairway bunker. 3/4 swing 60 to the green, 2 putts, Par

Hole 15: Drove past the large pine tree on the left. (pull fade), 3W to the tee box on 11, chip on 2 putt, Par

Hole 16: Sliced into the fairway on 17, 7i to the bunker "through" an elm tree, chip out, chip to the pin, putt, Bogey

Hole 17: 8i to a "front" (155 yards) pin high right of the bunker. chip on, putt, Par.

Hole 18: Sliced into 10 just past the left bunker facing the pin of 10. 3i to the right bunker, 2 shots out, 2 putts, Double (not happy with this)

So, I played Hole 1 in hopes to end with a nice day. Pulled my drive right, 3/4 swing 60 to within 6 feet, putt. Birdie.

First time I got a birdie since coming back from China!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I had a nice 5 game stretch in the middle on Sunday.............I rolled a 10 game set, but games of 244-245-265-246-244..came in the middle. yes..it was cold outside, but the lanes were heating up indoors!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

46 for 9 holes, par 35, 2995 yards

1st: par 5, sliced drive behind a tree, advanced ball 140m with a cut back onto fairway, pitched left of green, 2 chip 2 putt +2

2nd: par 4, 2h middle of fairway. PW just short left, chipped in. +1

3rd: par 4, drive sliced right onto next fairway

4th: par 5 topped drive, 2h to middle of fairway, 5i lay up to 100m, PW to right of green, up and down. +3

5th: par 3, pushed tee shot, pitch on, 2 putt +4

6th: par 4, Pushed tee shot, punched out, pitched over green, chipped on, 1 putt +5

7th: par 4, Sliced tee shot up against tree, duffed punch out, punched out, hit pitch into false front, rolled down, chip didn't getup false front, chipped on, 2 putts, +9

8th: par 3, hit face of upslope to green, pitch over the back, up and down +10

9th: par 3, short right, chipped over green, chip, 1 putt +11

GIR: 0, nearGIR 5, Putts 11, Fairways 1/6.

Played pretty much to my handicap and the driver wasn't working today, which I'm happy with. Ugly golf, boxed clever getting out of trouble to my ability, my putter stopped the round being a disaster.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Brookside Course 1 "Blues 72.9/129" (approximately 6880 yards?): 83 (43/40)

According to my handicap spreadsheet, the HC differential is 8! Too bad this was a very unorthodox round!

Well, actually I played the first 2 holes on course 2. There were a lot of people there and I wanted to play some turbo golf, and I played a few holes on the back 9 out of order:

5 GIR , 30 putts . I will say that I was disappointed that I didn't make any of the par 5 in 2 shots due to hitting the 3W fat.

Hole1 C2 (4-380): par, Drive hit the tree on the right and bounce off into the fairway, 7i to the green missed a 4 foot birdie, 2 putts

Hole2 C2 (4-392): bogey, Drive into the cart path past the right bunker, second shot hit the tree in front of me, third went far fringe to 6 feet, 2 putts.

Hole3 C1 (4-443): bogey (rushed this one to jump a foursome), Drive to left bunker, hybrid to left trap, chip out, 2 putts.

Hole4 C1 (4-402): par, Perfect drive right over the big hump past the pine tree within 100 yards (it's a big downhill downwind hole), 60 to the right fringe, chip, putt.

Hole5 C1 (4-304): par, Drive past the sprinkler box almost pin high, chip just past the green from the side, chip back on and 1 putt.

Hole6 C1 (5-508): bogey, Drove to the middle of the fairway, fatted a 3W to right of the bunker, 60 to the right fringe, chip and 2 putt.

Hole7 C1 (4-408): double, Drove into the bunker, chip out, 6i to the right fringe, chip and 2 putt.

Hole8 C1 (3-184): double, Tried to play it safe with a 6i and it went right into the water where the ground narrows up again. 8i second time right to the fat part of the land (this is going to be my strategy on this hole from now on), chip and putt.

Hole9 C1 (4-337): par, Drove into the bunker and the ball bounced out and landed about 35 yards short of the green, chip, 2 putts.

Hole10 C1 (4-408): bogey, Skyed a drive over the left bunker into a grove of trees. 6i punch out to the far fringe of the green. chipped past the hole! 2 putts

Hole11 C1 (5-503): par, Drove past the green on 8 (pretty decent breeze assisted drive). chunked the 3W about 90 yards, 7i from the rough to 6 feet, missed the birdie putt! putt.

Hole12 C1 (4-468): bogey, Drove to the hump (breeze assisted), 3H to the left fringe/rough area, chip and 2 putt.

Hole13 C1 (3-182): par, a nice 6i shot hit the left tree, and bounced to within 10 yards of the pin, 2 putts.

Hole14 C1 (4-355): par against a 20mph breeze, drive just past the grove of trees on the right, 9i against a stiff breeze 130 yards to the green

Hole15 C1 (5-495): par against a 20mph breeze, drive into the pine tree on the left (what else is new?), 3W fatted to the burned pine tree. 9i against a really stiff breeze barely making the green. 2 putts.

Hole16 C1 (4-403): bogey against a 20mph breeze; hooked a drive into a big tree against the fence, 4i punch out to within 40 yards, chipped and 2 putt. Just missed the par.

Hole17 C1 (3-169): bogey with a 20mph breeze; 8i hit a tree and bounced for a few moments in the tree and a squirrel kicked the ball out into the middle of the fairway, 20 yard chip to the pin past it. 2 putts, tap in bogey

Hole18 C1 (4-443): Par, Hooked into the protective fence, 4i punch out to about 100 yards, 60 degree to within 5 feet. putt.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Shot 79 today, which I'll take considering the time of year and the fact that I played a course that I haven't played since 2007.

Played Dolphin Head on Hilton Head Island to get ready for a tournament being played there in a couple weeks.  Course was in good condition for this time of year and they let us out for cart fee just to get a practice round in before the tournament.  Can't beat that on a private course.

This was also the 2nd time I've used the new Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls and I have to say, I'm very impressed with them.

A late morning round produced a 75 for me at my golf club. Rating: 74.0 Slope: 138. I wasn't too impressed with any of my shots. I birdied 2, bogeyed 3, doubled 1. Wish I had my Game Golf on for this round. Forgot it on the computer. Highlights: Missed two putts within 3 feet....ARRGGHHH. *sigh* One for par, and one for birdie. :cry: I managed to stay out of trouble, like water, bushes and quicksand. This is pretty much as good as I've scored in a while, and I didn't strike the ball very well. Going to hit the course again Friday to see if I can strike better, and in turn score better. Stay tuned.