IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot an 82 today on my local executive course (Par 62) after a 30 minute lesson with the local coach, before today my best score was 97. Coaching has helped me so much, I can't recommend it enough. My *new* swing made my clubs hit about 10 yards shorter, so I kept choosing the wrong club coming up a bit short on approach, I need to record my distances again. I also still can't putt to save my life but I'm very happy with the massive improvement and the swing confidence I now have. I've only been golfing seriously for about a month and I feel like I'm on track.

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

41/39 - 80. Bad mistake when I tried to simply lay up on a front 5 par but bladed into water. But on the bright side. One the back, I took the 3/8" heal lift out doctor put in 2 months ago and my carry was much better on driver afterwards. I took on that 243 water carry that bit me last time on a par 4 when I balloon one. Over lake center fairway. Then on a following 5 par was 43 yards out, with second wood over water. This lift has me a little off. But I'm walking better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot an 82 today on my local executive course (Par 62) after a 30 minute lesson with the local coach, before today my best score was 97. Coaching has helped me so much, I can't recommend it enough. My *new* swing made my clubs hit about 10 yards shorter, so I kept choosing the wrong club coming up a bit short on approach, I need to record my distances again. I also still can't putt to save my life but I'm very happy with the massive improvement and the swing confidence I now have. I've only been golfing seriously for about a month and I feel like I'm on track.

Great score! Keep it up. I see your from Petaluma; played a lot of ball there and in the Napa Valley.

Had a great round last night but I made some bad mistakes....

I have been putting great with my blade lately but, for whatever reason, I put my scottsdale in the bag that I'm not as comfortable with and it ended up costing me three strokes.

Ended up with a 37 but missed a 5 foot birdie and had two (illegitimate) 3-putts from just off the green. The final straw was on the ninth hole when I was still even, I drove the ball 315 yards to the left side of the fairway before pitching it within 20 feet and was sitting about 2 inches off the front of the green. I walked up and figured it would be an easy 2 putt and possibly a birdie chance until I rocketed the ball 8 feet past and rung out the comeback for a bogey.

With that being said, I have a ping Scottsdale 'Shea H' (left handed) putter for sale. 33 inches with an extended super-stroke grip on it if anyone wants it. $75 with shipping and its yours.

I tried making the turn and got hung up by a 3-some of guys who were pretty drunk and refusing to let anyone play through. At one point, I was on the tee-box with them watching them tee off with no one in front. They hit their balls, drove off, turned around and came back, grabbed a cigarette they forgot, and drove off again. The whole time there was no one in front. Running out of daylight I went back and jumped around the front nine for some extra practice. Wish I coulda got 18 in but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

34 on the back 9. Par 35, 34.8 rating, 2 birds and a 3-putt bogey. 4 FW, 7 G, 15 Putts, 2 U/D.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Great score! Keep it up. I see your from Petaluma; played a lot of ball there and in the Napa Valley.

I'm playing Rooster Run for the first time tomorrow. If you're ever in the area drop me a line, I'm always looking for more golf buddies.

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

I'm playing Rooster Run for the first time tomorrow. If you're ever in the area drop me a line, I'm always looking for more golf buddies.

Ok. Have fun. I'm on the East Coast now but do get into Napa once in a while and will send you a note since I'm getting a little org topic. OT.

Rancho San Joaquin back tees (70.5/125): 47/41 (88) 2 holes where I choked are shooting a 9 on hole 5, and 4 putted 17 for a double. 6 GIR, 8 FW, 34 putts, one 9, 3 doubles, 6 bogey, 8 pars. My ball striking was pretty sloppy. Not so great off the tee either, but was happy to match Gilberg off the tee on one hole with my 3 iron off the tee to 220 yards. Better course management and taking more time to setup putts could help a lot. If did a little bit of range warmup prior to the round, ball striking would have been better.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played Trump National DC 7/11 Blue Tees Slope 137 40-41-81 3 doubles Springfield G&CC; 7/12 38-39-77 6360 Yds 70.7/128 1 double Handicap Trending towards 6.8

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I had my best round yet-93! First time I'd ever played this course. I was set to break 90 until the last hole and then I ran into trouble on my tee shot. My putting was probably the best ever-mostly 2 putts and I sunk a few one putts from several feet away. Chipping was good too. There were just a few times I came up short in the fairway. A lot of satisfaction just knowing I could break 100. Can't wait to get out again!!

Shot 80 today, the ugly way. Par is 71. Shot level par (first time EVER) on the front nine. :-D Slogged my way to 9 over for the back 9. Being 7 over for 5 holes sunk any hope for a personal best. :-(

Shot a +12 (82) on the home course yesterday.  Extremely happy with my game these days, all the lessons and time on the range seem to be finally paying off.  I broke 90 for the first time a few weeks back and seem to have had a mini break-through in my game since then.  Index is trending down nicely too, one of my other goals this year was to get it down to an 18 and should be at 17.5 with the next revision.  Only downside is I've been playing almost 90% of my rounds at my home course this year (it's just so convenient) so I'm guessing my scores are probably 5-6 shots better because of the familiarity, going to have to start playing some different courses more regularly to really see where my game is these days.

41-42 = 83 @ River Forest in Freeport, PA - Blue Tees

This was only my second round in the last month. My friend Jim and I decided to play the men's tees rather than the senior tees. I hit the ball pretty well, but couldn't buy a putt. (35 total putts, including one three-putt).  I had to give Jim 10 strokes and lost 1 up, as he shot 91.  All-in-all a fun day.

I love this game. :-P

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

41-45 the front 9 i was flowing had a birdie from 12 feet from of the fringe. didnt have my first double bogey until 15. dogleg left and tried to play my usual draw a little to close down the left side and it must have rolled into the water. was a solid enough round but getting frustrated as i wanna break 80.