IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played very well today, 79. I'm just glad I made it through the heat. 108 degrees.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

Saluda Valley CC - Par 72

85 42-43

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Shot decent last night, despite starting off with a 7, 6 of which were from 120 and in. 47, 2 FW, 2 GIR, 17 Putts, 1 Penalty, 2 pars. My partner and I dominated our match - I won 5.5 to 3.5, he won 7 to 2, and we took low combined net by 6 strokes.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

+1 over 16 holes last night. hit 11 greens and had a couple great up and downs. best round in a while, yet i left the course rather upset. missed at least 3 birdie putts from inside 10 feet, had 2 three-putts and left two 50 yard wedges on the lip.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I played yesturday at a course ive been to a couple times. It was about 116 degrees out there so we were miserable. It was probably the least fun I've had at a golf course, but afterwards they have a GREAT grille there with a tripple cheeseburger speical for 5 bucks. Mmmm that was delicious. Oh yea, we sucked so bad we didn't keep track.

I love to hate this damn game.

88 today..pretty happy - my driver sucked but everything else was pretty good.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

87 today (43-44) to tie my best round ever. My drives were not good and it took a while for my iron play to warm up. Short game was helpful today. 32 putts, which is good for me. No three putts which I like and I sank a couple of long ones which boosted the confidence.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On Saturday, June 30th, our club held the annual parent/child tournament. My eldest child, a daughter, age 9, and I participated. The format was alternate shot for 9 holes. Boys and girls played in the same division of the 12 and under group. Adults teed off from back tee box on holes 2,4,6 and 8. Children teed it up from forward tees on holes 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9, that were actually on the fairway. Nine teams participated. Several fathers playing were known quantities to me: they each owned a handicap much lower than mine. And I also discovered at this point that Katherine was the only girl playing in the tournament. I turned to my daughter and said, " I don't know if we will win or even place, I'm just going to enjoy the opportunity to be with you for a couple of hours. And by the way, be sure you compliment the other pair we play with if either member, father or son, makes a good shot." My daughter seemed to get the message and off we went to our shotgun start. Katherine split the fairway on her first tee shot, a par 5 hole dogleg to the left. My shot, our second, landed just short of the green. Katherine chipped up and we two putted for a par. We weren't so fortunate on our second hole ( my tee shot put us in some trouble and my less than conservative advice to Katherine resulted in an out of bounds ball and a penalty ). Yet, we persevered. After double bogeying our final hole, we carded a 47 for the nine hole round, drove our cart to the clubhouse and handed our card to the pro to have our score posted. I then carried our bags in to have the clubs cleaned. When I stepped out of the bag room, my daughter ran up to me and whispered, " Dad, go look at the scores!" You could have knocked me over with a feather! Our 47 was good enough for second place. We were each awarded a small silver trophy, which was the first golf trophy I've ever received. More importantly, Katherine behaved like a true sportsman the entire round, holding her temper after less than perfect shots and complimenting her competitors when they played well. We celebrated with a bowl of good ice cream. It was a fine weekend.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Woo Hoo I finally get to make a post in this thread. My first 18 holes of the year. I hit some good shots and of course some not so good ones. I shot my best score ever at 101. I know it is not that good but like I said the best score i have ever shot. The amazing part is that I hurt my back on hole #6 and shot better on the back nine than I did on the front 9. My two best two shots of the round were, Shot #1) A thirty foot chip in, for a bogey unfortunately, and Shot #2) A 156 yrd par 3. Stepped up hit a nice tee shot dead on the flag and landed about 15 to 20 feet away from the hole. I had a shot at birdie but of course i two putted. Ended up making two pars for the round though and i will take it. Now i am going out on my front porch to clean my clubs, smoke a cigar and enjoy a Sam Adams Brown Ale.

well i played my home track Rocky Point on Wednesday and things didn't go so well. I retired my driver last week after only hitting one fairway and still shooting an 84 at Clifton Park. Anyway I ended up with a 93. I just did not strike the ball well at all. no excuses, weather was nice, course was in great shape. This is what keeps me diggin. Well i'll hit the range a couple time before i go back out.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

• Administrator
77 at Whispering Woods. Played with one of my wife's semi-bosses (assistant principal) and two guys I'd met once before at Lake View.

Hit the ball reasonably well. Not the greatest putting round, but got up and down a few times, too. No penalty shots, which is key around Whispering Woods.

38/39, 15/15 putts, 64.3% fairways, 44.4% GIR.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A real NICE round for me - a new course I hadn't played before -- shot a 88 (43/45). Only one three putt. five pars, a few birdie putts lipped out. Oh well, my low of the year so far

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Awesome ball striking round - I think I missed like literally one fairway with my driver. Yesterday it was terrible, today = amazing. I was hitting everything so straight like 250 consistently. BUT - My putting, naturally was soo bad. Yesterday it was great, but my ball striking wasn't their. Today, exact opposite. I shot a 87 today. And - that was with 4 putts missed from the distances of 5 feet.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Catching up from this week.....

Wednesday: 103 (I don't understand why I was so nervous playing with these guys but I was really rattled and shanked a lot of shots that I know I can knock down.) (69.6/124)

Thursday: 91 at a small 9 hole course close to my house. 2 times around just because it's cheap and I can play 18 in under 3 hours. (68.8/119)

Friday: 45 same course as Thursday but I only played 9 in the afternoon.

Saturday: 93 at the same course I played on Wednesday. 3 penalty strokes, 36 putts and a nice afternoon.

I think I just need to play more to get better. It's obvious that I am reading greens better and putting a lot better today. Plus I wasn't nervous at all. Anyway this was a fun round. The best news is that the wife wants to play Sunday afternoon so if nothing changes I will have played 5 days straight....

Shot a so-so 49+45 = 94 at Fox Run. Handicaps don't travel well there, because impenetrable woods are in play on every hole, and a ball not in the fairway is probably hopelessly lost. Played it with my father - he seems to be one-upping me. (I shoot 95, he gets 93, I get 90, he gets 87, and so on). He is still killing me with his short game, he had 20-something putts. I got a spectacular 34 putts for me but it was more than offset by lost balls.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator

Played again this afternoon after watching Tiger take 92 putts (or so it seemed) at his tournament. Went to Lake View. Played the front well but were held up by a dumb foursome from holes 5-9. Ugh. Played most of the back with a guy who knows Arnold Palmer. Killed a drive on 13, had 186 to the pin, and shanked it. Was trying to hit the old 6-iron a bit too hard there... heh. No eagle for me there. Bogey. Birdied the next hole with the same 6-iron, though, so that's a good bit of redemption.

Anyway... 75.

38/37, 17/13 putts, 35.7% fairway, 55.6% GIR. Most fairway misses weren't bad. LV is not nearly as forgiving of small misses off the tee as WW is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

89 at Riverbend, couldn't buy a putt for par. Disappointed with that score. 45/44, 18/16 putts for 34 total, 43% fairways, 33% GIR. Not good overall.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"