IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

(edited)
8 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Shot 77 at Eagle Sticks (Middle/ Blue) and 87 at Virtues (Middle/White). Not as sharp at Virtues and for me it was a much tougher course. Both courses were fun, in good shape and interesting. Virtues was clearly a notch or two higher in overall quality (former Longaberger Golf Club).

I had a similar jump in scores between those two courses.  Virtues had me on my heels "virtually" the whole round. The only flat places were the tee boxes. It has me rethinking where I am going to be playing next year. I need a more challenging layout.

Edit: I played Northstar and Virtues. So you shot a differential close to your index at Virtues, which is great for that course.

Edited by Carl3
  • Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

It has me rethinking where I am going to be playing next year. I need a more challenging layout.

Also for putting! 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot a lousy 53 on 9 holes. Took 4 drops on the 1st 4 holes.  Two drops on a single hole! 🤬

Did get my game back for the last 4 holes of it could have been worse.

one highlight was #8 Par-3 playing @ 190 to the center with a back pin. I chose to play my 5 which I consider my 190 club and I crushed it 205 and was on the top tier pin high.  2 putt for par and won closest to pin on that hole.

i could be wrong but I feel like I am taking my eye off the ball prior to contact and that is hurting me.IMG_9873.thumb.png.b70e13284ce2943d7915f47c220d9e9b.png 

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Not today, but last time I played, so hopefully that's okay. My electric trolley died by the 10th green and I had to drag it round the last 8 holes. That was not fun. Birdied 17 to go -1 and then came up short on 18 on the face of a bunker that an earlier storm had absolutely destroyed. I couldn't get the back of the ball. Moved it about a yard and then got up and down for a 5. -1 wound up being the qualifying number, so that was quite annoying. Still - lots of good out there. The other three bogeys were one chip out of the trees, one three putt and one hole that's too narrow for how long it is and I took four to get down from 200 after hitting 2 iron off the tee. Four birdies were a 9 iron to 3 feet, an 8 iron to 2 feet, a two putt birdie and a chip and a putt on the other par 5. All in all, very happy with how I played. Couldn't believe it wasn't good enough.

TimberPoint.png

• Like 1

39-35 today for a 74.

Short course - 6200ish with a 68.9 rating.

Winds sustained at 20 MPH with gusts to 35. Hit a PW (150 club) on a short Par 3 of 115 and didn’t even get to the hole with a full flighted swing lol. 

Played well on the back and was happy overall with the round with the wind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

39-35 today for a 74.

Short course - 6200ish with a 68.9 rating.

Winds sustained at 20 MPH with gusts to 35. Hit a PW (150 club) on a short Par 3 of 115 and didn’t even get to the hole with a full flighted swing lol. 

Played well on the back and was happy overall with the round with the wind. 

Sounds like a pretty good round considering the conditions. Good job. 

BTW - Love that Avatar... Is that a border collie? 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

6 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Sounds like a pretty good round considering the conditions. Good job. 

BTW - Love that Avatar... Is that a border collie? 

Certainly no complaints from me on my end!

It's an Aussie.

Went on a golf trip this past weekend. Played 2 courses twice, alternating each day.

Went 94 - 99 - 88 - 93

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Golf in the summer, curl in the winter.

Not sure but today may have been my best 9 hole score ever.

Shot a 42 (+7).  3 GIR and 4 nGIR.  Only hit 1 Fairway but had 2 that just missed the fairway and even the other missed fairways were not all that bad.

18 putts total.

now I need to do it again.

• Like 3

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Visiting Branson MO this week and played Paymes Valley today. My dad, my nephew and myself all shot: 67, 75 and 144 respectively. My nephew just started a month ago. Not bad for a beginner!!!! He’s trying out for his HS team in 2 years. He will be a freshman and wants to get better. Granted his first round he played his own ball was a 179. He just played one of toughest course and shot a 144. He got discouraged but that’s impressive for a beginner. If any of you would like to tell home the same; by all means do so! 

• Like 1

Started hot….finished cold.  Shot a 45-54 = 99

thatbiz a good 18 hole score for me but I really fell apart on the back 9.  On #11 I put 3 balls in the water 🤬. Still got an 8 on the hole but that is simply unforgivable!!

• Like 1

Stuart M.

2 hours ago, StuM said:

Started hot….finished cold.  Shot a 45-54 = 99

thatbiz a good 18 hole score for me but I really fell apart on the back 9.  On #11 I put 3 balls in the water 🤬. Still got an 8 on the hole but that is simply unforgivable!!

It happens to the greatest of players. I once let my pride ruin a round and tee’d up 6 balls and all went in the water. On the 7th I finally cleared the creek. I lost count after that lol 

• Thumbs Up 1

Shot a +8 for 9 holes. The course was playing tough. Firm and fast. You had to be careful of the ball just taking a bad kick into the trees. The course doesn't cut the fairways down to where you can get a ton of spin. You almost have to slightly thin it to get spin. A lot of shots end up a few grooves high on the club face. The grass just stands up a bit, and it is easy to get slightly under it. The greens are decently sloped, and are stupidly firm, it is tough to stop the ball. Like, you hit to the middle of the green and the likely result is the ball is on the fringe or back rough. 

I have to fix this toe hook I am having. I the swing feels decent, just over drawing more than I want. It is tough for me to feel like I can open the club face up that much to counter act it. Especially with the driver since I sole the club down on the ground to grip the club. I am not feeling like I am hitting that far inside to out. I wonder if it is an alignment issue. Like, maybe my slight push is a straight ball and the toe hook might be a straight hook. I might play a practice round out there and lay an alignment stick down to get a feel for where I am aiming and what I am actually hitting. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Only got in six holes (short six hole course), but played them to par with one birdie and one bogey. A couple of lucky breaks, but mostly decent play from tee to cup. Seeing some distance increase from the Evolvr work due to better contact. Hit a choked up 6i 190 yards on a hole I usually hit a full 6i 5-10 yards shorter. Short game was good and saved some pars.

I had planned to continue with another 6-12 holes, but as I got back to hole one, a high school class was there to spend some time before summer since their exams are done, and the guys from the club pulled me in as instructor. After that I was hungry and never got back on the course. Perhaps for the better, as I don't think I'd be able to shoot another six on par.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

46 (+10)
Had a 9 on the first par 4 (3 tries out of the bunker and a 3 put)
Had a triple bogey on the last par 3 (once again bunkers are not my friend)
Had 2 birdies!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

39-39 today for a 78.

6860 yards, 72.6 rating

I hit 12 greens but couldn't get a putt to drop. That was frustrating.

Hit in the fescue on 9 and 15 for doubles and other than that played well with 14 pars, 2 bogeys, and those two doubles.

I shot a 34 on a Podunk par 3. got 5 pars in a row but skulled 2  "pitches" off of dried mud. killed my round. I guess I'll bump and run whenever I am on hardpan from now on

22 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

39-39 today for a 78.

6860 yards, 72.6 rating

I hit 12 greens but couldn't get a putt to drop. That was frustrating.

Hit in the fescue on 9 and 15 for doubles and other than that played well with 14 pars, 2 bogeys, and those two doubles.

Played the same course as yesterday today. 6,860 yards, 72.6.

Scored better today. Shot a 37-38 for a 75 and did something I don't recall ever having done before.

The par 5's run 522-646-523-557 and I birdied (or better) all of them. They only reason I turned in a respectable round was because I played them -5.

I only hit one fairway on the front 9 and then hit 4 on the back. Only hit 9 greens today.

I didn't hit the ball well at all today, but putted pretty decently. Just was in a weird swing funk.

8 bogies, 6 pars, 3 birdies, and an eagle.