IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Tuesday, Dec 9. Walked on 7:30am tee time at Kapalua Plantation course.

Cost $290 with cart. service good.

I was giddy with delight when I got up this morning, so excited to play on this course which is in preperation for the first PGA event of the year, Mercedes-Benz Championship.

shot 46 front / 42 back

I heading to the practice grounds and was going to take a picture. My camera battery died so I heading back to the club house only to find they don't sell batteries so I don't have any pictures which sucked. I headed straight to the practice area which felt like a mile away. Once I got there, I was amazed at how ugly and dirty the area was. I hit maybe a dozen dirty balls off the dirty mat before I realized I was wasting my time. So I headed for the first tee.

Because they were preparing for the PGA event it was Cart Path only, so I had to walk up and down a lot of steep slops. Also the GPS on the carts where useless cause my ball usually wasn't near the cart and like an idiot I didn't bring my Skycaddie because the carts would have GPS's on them. (Note to self, invest in a rangefinder). The pro's got it easy, at least they have the spotters and the gallery to help with spotting their ball when it goes in the rough. I lost my first ball on the first tee. It hit the fairway, rolled over a hill and into the rough... somewhere. I lost 3 balls to the rough this day and found 4 others. The course was beautiful and the play was brutal. They had cranes and tractors along some of the hole erecting the seating stands and tents. The course maintenance where everywhere trimming the long grass and preparing the fairway and greens. I don't think we had one hole where there wasn't some worker on it. It was very distracting and made the experience less great.

In the end I did enjoy myself and have a new respect for the pros the make this game look easy. I would love to play this course again but without the PGA preparations.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

Wednesday, Dec 10. Walked on 11:30am tee time at Kapalua Bay Course.

Cost $215 with cart. Service Fair.

The practice area was very small. They use those practice balls that go only one-third of the distance but was fine for just loosening up.

Shot 37 front / 34 back

Most of the greens where in very bad condition, which may be the reason I shot so well. The breaks weren't so pronounced and it didn't play very fast. All of the par 5's where short enough to get on in two, even from the blue tees. Other than that, it was a fun course. I grouped with 2 other local boys which made it a fun round.

We were a little PO'd there where no marshals and the group of 5 in front of us would not let us play through. We did a lot of waiting but again I had fun.

I wouldn't play this course again at least not for the price. Nor until they repair or replace the greens.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

37 +1 today with a triple bogey on the last cause i hooked my ball into a hazard and couldnt find it. I went to the range yesterday and i think i found the problem in my swing that was causing me to not make good contact with my irons. I hit them pure today

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

I shot a 97 on an EASY course. It was raining and cold - that didn't affect my game so much in and of itself. However, my friend was whining the whole time, begging to quit, etc. I finally told him to take the cart and wait for me at the bar and I walked the last four holes with my heavy cart bag. Mr driver swing is still off and I had trouble with the irons today. Wednesday there is a break in the weather predicted so I think I know what I'll be doing...

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

One word to describe my game today. Ugh. It started off OK on the long game side but my short game was pretty abysmal. My poor chipping (i.e. duffs) cost me about 5 shots today! There's an easy 310yrd par 4 and I blasted my tee shot down the middle, easy chip up about 50yrds onto the green and duffed it twice. Did a similar things on the following hole.

Received a new Vokey today so that's something new to try out next time.

-6 fairways
-4 GIR (though only two of them were pars! )
-38 putts including 5 three putts! (four on the front nine )

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I shot 88 today at Crooked Tree in Tucson. Fairly cool and very windy on the front side. Sank a 18 foot putt for Birdie on #11. Took 3 penalty strokes today... Yikes...

Score 88
FW 6/14
GIR 6/18
Putts 32
Penalty Strokes - 3

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

I shot a 39. +3 Played pretty solid hit my irons so smoothly. If i keep playing like i've been playing lately i can see my handicap taking a bit of a drop

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

Finally played good again shot 38. Irons were good but short game was on fire. Even had a 20 yard bunker shot that spun back on the 9th. It was cool but it left me a longer par putt. The putt hung on the lip and dropped .

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I envy all who are able to post in this thread. I need to move out west haha

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

shot an 86 today... in my mind and on the course it felt like a did soo much better than that... i guess cuz my driver was on fire today it put me in a good mood the whole round... besides the slow 4some in front of me which i didnt mind... the rest of the course was empty... only downer today was the mud getting all over my shoes an pantlegs
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

5 over
77 playing from the blues.
39 front nine
38 back nine

13 Fairways hit of 14
5 Greens hit of 18
27 putts (with two 3 putts included)
11 up and down out of 13 attempts. 84%

I am pleased with my up and down percentage, the best this year. I putted well considering that I had two 3 putts

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

82.. swirling winds made things tricky, but i played decent. just made some bad swings at bad moments and ended up with two seven's and two six's on the card

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Played 36 holes today, shot 101 on the first 18 and was frustrated because I just felt like early in the round I wasn't doing anything right but towards the 2nd half of the back 9 I was doing everything right, so I played another 18 and hit 102.

In my bag:

Driver: Speed LD F
Irons: SQ sumo 4-PW
Putter: oversizedBalls: One

Yesterday I scored 110... Should've been 107, but on the last 3 holes I rushed and missed 4 foot putts!!!!!!! I'm still pissed about it
Driver: 3dx driver 10.5*
Irons: 3dx hybrid irons 5-P
Iron: X-14 3 iron
Wood: MT 4wood 16.5*
Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot 2-ballBag: Xtreme Sport Stand Bag

To preface, in my defense, I haven't played in 7 1/2 months.
I shot a 115
Started the day out ok playing bogey golf (which is good for me) but then had a stretch of blow up holes that accounted for about half the course.
I had 6(!!!!!!) 3 putts and a......hurts to even say it...5 putt I was about 15' below the hole and decided to juice it up a little cause the greens were slow and I had been leaving it short. Well, that must have been the one green that wasn't slow cause I shot it way past the hole and left myself a 10 footer coming back downhill, which I missed. The next one just missed the edge, and the 4th jumped out of the cup cause it was hit with a little.....aggression.

I had 6 penalties from hitting the wet stuff.

About half way through the round I got realllllllll exhausted cause I hadn't eaten at all to that point.

Maybe if I play more than 2 or 3 times a year and practice more than one night a month I'll get better? lol

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.