IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

8-guys trip to Ocean City NJ, played nice priv course Ballamor-kind of surprised by 123 slope for a 6700 layout with several par 4's in the 400's and after the friday's mega-rain - you can imagine how long and tough did it play.
Played very well, but couldn't putt. several 3-putts and even one 4-putt. In a 3 round event with plenty of different competitions (every round was a 2-man, 4-man and individual points) I came out victorious overall, pretty much getting my cost back, after super consistant 81, 76, 81 and winning also some extra side bets - 5 out of 8 "closest to the pin". Love the new irons.
Last round I had 13 GIR... didn't make one putt

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://robinsonranchgolf.com/

Played the Valley Course yesterday for my first time after playing the Mountain course the week before. I enjoyed the Valley course so much more. The Mountain is short and kind of targety golf on the tee shots, not much room for error, and when you're hitting 3 and 4 iron off the tee, that ain't too fun.

The Valley from the Blacks plays 6903 yards with a slope of 149 and rated to 74.4. From the tee it's not too intimidating as the fairways are relatively easy to find. There are a few holes with large oak trees in the middle that you have to steer around off the tee though. I was driving the ball pretty well so maybe that had something to do with my confidence off the tee. The greens are bent grass and roll great. I was leaving my putts short all day long so I didn't take advantage of the majority of the birdie chances I had. At least not on the front nine. On the back I told myself to be a little more aggresive on my putts and ended up making 4 birdies on the back.

Shot a 2 over 74. With 4 birdies that ain't too hot, but for my first time, I'll take it I suppose.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I officially have a USGA handicap now. I joined the GAM (Golf Association of Michigan) last week and posted my rounds from late last year and this year and the first adjustment was yesterday. I am a 15.5, although I have not played to it the last couple rounds. My next goal is to play in a tournament. The Michigan Net Amateur is in August and I think I will give it a shot. There is a Match Play event later this year as well. That may better suit my game as I am as likely to make a birdey as I am a double.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Although it didn't start that way, last night was better than the last few rounds. I missed a 3 footer for par on 2 when my opponent was in for par and then I missed another 3 footer for par on 3 when he had just missed his. Two lost oppertunities in two holes. I made a bad pitch from 30 yards out on 4 when he was laying two left of the green. My lag was not much better and his chip was solid. He made a good 5 to my bad 5. Still one shot back. Great chip on 5 to 6 inches to save par to his bogey. Gave it back on 6 with a bogey to his par. On 7 he tops his drive and I split the fairway. He tops his second and puts his third right of the green but pin high. I am 40 yards out in 1 and I pull/chunk my 2nd. My poor chip was not much better than his and we both have about 10 feet left. I blow mine by 3 feet, he rolls his up to tap in. I have a three footer for 5 and miss. Bad 6 and another blown chance. I got a good break on 8 with a ball that could have been easily out of play stayed on the edge. Good punch out, great pitch 2 foot par to his 6. Crushed the drive on 9 and flew my next one over the flag from 50 yards. My chip comes up two feet short and I roll in the par to his 6. I win by 3 and my wife beats his wife (best woman in the league) by 1 net and we are back in first.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Putting problems continued... this time after being shellshocked with the fast greens I played last weekend - I left tons of putts short (on the line, within a foot... but short). Scored 79, can you imagine the score if just a few of the putts would drop?!?
I'll try today afternoon again
Happy Long Weekend (with plenty of golf!) everybody!

Career round for me.

On Thursday after work went out with a member at the course here and shot a -3 32 with no bogeys. Probably the most solid 9 holes I'd ever played. Had two less than spectacular shots, but as timing would have it they were both on par 5s, and on one of the par5s I still managed a birdie. Left a birdie putt on the lip too on that nine.

Then yesterday after work went for the rest and shot a -2 33, with a silly bogey on par 4 that I had a SW in on. Missed the green and didn't get up and down. That was my only slip up though.

That all lead to a -5, 65. Yay!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Played early Sunday, and it was one of those days. Tough round, but had a breakthrough at the end that has me excited to play again.

Shot an 86 that felt like a 110. Horrid 46 on the front side. Only hit one fairway and lost two drives. No idea where the ball was going off the tee, and wasn't much better with the irons. Started with two doubles, then added another on #4. Yikes. Even putting was no good.

Pulled it together a bit on the back, where I shot 41. My iron shots got a lot crisper and I had a tap-in birdie on #11. I missed two birdie putts inside 10 feet and should have had a 38 or 39 on the back but for some brain-dead course management.

But the big thing was realizing what was wrong with my swing, which happened during a practice swing on #17. I wasn't really finishing my swings, or was finishing very low (swing plane too flat). So I made sure to get to a nice, high, full finish position. Rifled a 7-iron to 10 feet above the hole on the par-3 17th from 164 yards (3-putt, tricky downhill putt, grrr). Then duplicated the swing on my drive on the 18th and smashed it 320 down the pipe. Now I can't wait to play again. I hate/love this game!

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Career round for me...That all lead to a -5, 65. Yay!

Nice shooting Ben!

I can brag a little too It was a great weekend - 1 round friday, 1 1/2 saturday (rain in the afternoon), 2 rounds sunday, 2 rounds monday... Life is good. It get even better too I shot 81, 76, 79, 76,76... and my FIRST EVER round in the 60's : 69 monday afternoon. What a great topping on a great weekend. Getting used to the new LT2 irons. It was scary to see the "+2.3" hcp index displayed next to the 69 post.. I guess I can forget playing in any of the handicapped events at my club for a while Unfortunatelly my wife didn't play well on monday and wasn't in a good mood, so it was the only 69 I scored this weekend

I had a pleasant supprise this weekend. I went up away for the holiday and we were not going to take our clubs. Last minute we changed plans and threw them in the truck. I got out for a quick (actually incredibly slow) nine on Saturday afternoon. We were playing with our best friends who have been on a course 3 and 4 times respectively. I started off poorly with a bad bogey and a double but righted the ship enough to shoot 43. Early on I was too worried about the pace of play. After we let a couple faster groups play through and we caught up to a slower group I relaxed and played better. Even slow golf is better than no golf. The rest of the weekend was spent with Tiger Woods 2005.

I got our Saturday afternoon with one of my best friends. It was his 4th time to play I think. Add that to the fact that the tee box was backed up to two groups at times, and it was a slow day of golf. But like jeepthrills said, even slow golf is better than no golf.

I hit the ball a lot better with my new Titleist irons and woods. I shot a 40 on the front when play was a little faster, and I finished up with a 43 on the back. Overall, an 83 is the lowest I've shot this year, so I was definitely happy. My little 904F 15 degree fairway wood is getting very dangerous off the tee. I just pretty much used it on every hole but a few. I was hitting it straight down the pipe and pretty long too. My 905 is a little too long for my home course, with the exception of a couple holes. But I'm not accurate enough to play it much although I did stripe a few down the middle about 300 yards or so with it. I was pleased with the round and hope to get out a couple times this week. I think I could possibly be nearing the 80 mark or even high 70's if I could play a time or two more each week. Then again, I could shoot 90 next time out.
Unfortunatelly my wife didn't play well on monday and wasn't in a good mood, so it was the only 69 I scored this weekend

That was nice man!

36 holes of action yesterday. Getting ready for my PGA Playing Ability Test which is also 36 holes in one day. Went 4 over, 3 over. Hit the ball pretty alright, had some trouble getting up and down, missed a few birdie putts inside of 6 feet.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ben, didn't you say you were sending in an application for Big Break IV? How is that coming along?

It sounds like you may be good to go if you keep shooting around Even Par.

Yeah, I did apply to BBIV, got a call back for an audition too. But, got the dump about a week ago. No BBIV for me... Oh well. Thanks for asking though. I guess I'll just have to "make it" on my own merits.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Bloody hell the best im managed is 40 over par lol 110 was the score

Got my average down to about 110 now, so im finding a big improvement as i keep playing. Started setting myself little targets for each round now. On monday my Target was 105, which i hit exactly with a 20ft put on the last hole. I was a bit dissapointed though, as i had a bad 10,11 & 12 holes. So really i should of broke the 100 barrier. Just need to keep my concentration levels up and the barrier will be broken.

Last night was ugly. I was OK off the tees, but the wedge and putter are becoming the bane of my existance. I rolled three putts over air. They went right over the cup and stopped within inches. My lag putting is just bad right now. I used to be very good at it. I am actually considering going back to my old Ping just for long putts. I am only carrying 13 clubs right now, so it would not be a big issue. I just need to get some miles on the Scotty. Don't be supprised if my signature changes soon to reflect the addition to my bag. My chipping was ok, but not great. My wedges from 100 in were awful. I must have chunked 5 shots last night. I'm going to try and sneak off to the range today. Over all, I absolutely threw away 10 shots and still only lost by one actual and 3 net. My wife lost by one net so it was a zero point night.

• Administrator
I played today, and ended up with a 78. It started raining at The Memorial so I went to Raymond Memorial Golf Course (or something). One of the Columbus muni tracks. Most of the par 4s were 440 yards, but the par 5s were all about 490 to 500. I reached one with a 3I after a so-so drive, so... whatever. Couldn't make a single putt on the back. SLOW greens, and the sprinkling rain didn't help, but I did hit about 7/9 GIR on the back. I think I was +2 on the back. I kept parring pretty easily.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

One under on the back yesterday. Gonna play the front today to see where I finish...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour