IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 107 last Sunday at Green Valley Ranch. Actually played pretty well for 15 holes. I had 3 11's. ESC score 95.

Shot 45 in my league last night at Flatirons on the back. 1 par, 6 bogeys, and 2 doubles. 4 FW, 1 GIR, 15 putts. Shot 47 on the front last week.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I went out and walked 18 yesterday, and I'm actually thinking of doing the membership thing for both the golf and exercise. I've played golf for awhile, but I've never dropped the money needed for a membership. That may change in the next few days though.

Anyway, I shot an 85 yesterday in what was a tale of two nines. I played bogey golf the first nine and really let a lot of shots go close to the greens. I drove the ball well, and while my iron-play wasn't great, I hit a lot of second shots within 5-10 feet of the greens. My chipping consistently left me with eight-foot putts for par, and while I made a few, those add up after awhile. In the end, I was sitting at 46 after nine holes.

On the back nine, something happened.......I actually started playing a little golf. I was 3-over par on the back which included a lackluster double bogey at 17. Other than that hiccup, I played very well on the back side. I hit more greens in regulation, and I chipped better on the ones I didn't hit.

All in all, I was happy with an 85 after starting horribly on the front nine. Nontheless, the round could have easily been 78-80. Now if I get a membership and play consistently two or three times a week, those scores should get better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Shot a 76-ish at Meadville Country Club today ( Scorecard ). Didn't try to make any birdie putts because I was scoping the course out for a tournament I'm playing tomorrow. Was more concerned with taking notes and things like that on tees and greens.

Hit the ball pretty well, though, overall.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot a 109 today at my non-home course. Started out strong but the greens had just been airated so the putting was rough. On the plus side i tried a titleist 975d driver instead of my normal sumo and i was driving straighter and hit some 200 yard drives for the first time in my life.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Shot 77 (38/39 - par 72) on Thursday morning. The green were pretty soggy so the putting wasn't very good, but it was nice to have shots stick within a foot of where they land when two weeks ago you had to land the ball ten yards short and have it roll up.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

Just got home after shooting a 79 (40/39).... Par 72, pretty good for the first time playing this course... The greens I normally play are super slow, but these greens were firm and fast and I loved them.... Lipped out probably 4 putts, but my lines were great and my speed was right on.. Only had 2 1 putts which was dissapointing and a couple 3 putts.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Got in a quick nine w/ my dad this afternoon and shot 39. Beat him by 7

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Screwed the pooch on the 9th hole for a 41 in some big wind. A tree branch actually fell on my next tee box while I was on the green because it was so windy.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

• Administrator
Yesterday, 84 in our Interclub tournament. Sadly, that score was good enough for third place (with our team). The conditions were horrible. One guy - a scratch golfer - had 41 putts. I "only" took 31.

I didn't play badly, but balls were plugging in the rough and all manner of things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot 41. My lowest round of the year. I have been consistenly shooting 42-45 all year long, but couldn't get over the hump...and really still can't.

I was +2 after 6 holes. But consecutive double bogey's killed me, and I shot +6 41. My ball striking was excellent, and for it pouring the last four holes, I think I played well. I'll try to build off this.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I shot a 73 (par 62) on a course with a decent mix of 3's and 4's. Best 18 holes I have put together in awhile. #1 reason? Drives. I simply have been getting off the tee well. Not long, but in the fairway.

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

113(58/55) yesterday and 110(58/52) today. Played with different people than I normally do both days. Felt like I hit the ball well yesterday but my par on hole 16 today was basically the difference between the two scores.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

A "whipped cream on sh** day". lot of good shots, and a lot of bad shots. ended up with 79..
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I have been in the hospital all week with an ill relative and have been unable to practice. I played 18 today without warming up because my time on course was limited. I shot 91. Two triple bogies, both on par threes, three double bogies and several pars and several bogies. This was a frustrating round because I hit a lot of good shots, I just had a few miserable holes, primarily those which an errant shot landed in the sand and I had difficulty getting the ball out.

However bad the round was, it was a glorious day and the wind felt magnificent on my face: infinitely better than a hospital room.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

44 on nine holes, with a big fat nine on the last hole, a par 5.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

3 birds on the front helped me to a +2 38. I wasn't so lucky on the back going +9 44. On 12 the group ahead of us waved us through as we were walking to the tee box, however they had allready stared walking to their balls. I felt rushed, hit a crappy tee shot, felt 2x rushe don the 2nd shot and put it in the water. Carded a triple, feeling ruched on every shot, from there I never realy regained my composure. Oh well, 82-12.4 = 70 = 1 under with handicap! ;)
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth