IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

You want to talk loco?

Awesome putting on the front, and still not to shabby on the back! Getting my short irons more accurate would really help out my scores, especially with as bad as ive been putting lately

In the Bag:

Wilson Fat Boy Driver
Callaway Steelhead 3 & 5 Wood (Steel Shaft)
3 & 5-SW Callaway X-1452 degree WedgeAdams Golf 60 Degree WedgePing B60 PutterOther Optional Clubs:Callaway Steelhead 1 WoodCleveland 60 degree wedgeAdams Golf 56 Degree WedgesWilson Blackjack PutterBall: ...

• Administrator
Shot a 75 on Sunday hitting 6 fairways and

I've been playing well for myself in league. My last three nines in league have been 38, 36, 39.

Today I shot a 78. Front: 39 - 3/7 FW, 14 putts, 4/9 GIR, 1/2 UD, 1/3 SS. Not bad, not great. Back: 39 - 5/7 FW, 20 putts, 8/9 GIR, 1/1 UD, 0/0 SS. Great. 34 putts. Eeeeek! Average first putt distance on the front was 12 feet. On the back: 30 feet. Bah. I played the front kinda loose - I always play loose before league just to see what kind of shots I have for the day. I hit the range to help the kid I played on the front with, then played the back. The green I missed I missed by all of four feet, and nearly chipped it in. I lost two down on the first three holes, won two up on the next three, and lost one down on the last three to lose 3 out of 4 points. I shot 39 - right about on my handicap - and the guy I played with also shot 39. I had to give him a shot. 8/9 GIR, but 20 putts. 20 putts . I couldn't get a putt to the hole. I don't know if they didn't cut the greens today or what, but I had a bunch of 6 footers and made only about half of 'em. I hit the rest great, they just didn't break as I'd read. But the best ballstriking round I've ever had, probably. Nearly every shot was online, far, and where I wanted it. It's pretty screwy that of 12 points, playing off a course handicap of 7 (5.1 index or so), I've won all of half of the points with rounds of 38, 36, 39 - a combined total of four under my handicap. The guy I played with today didn't say ten words the whole time. I had two putts from three feet on a flat part of a green. Did he concede? No. I had a FOOT left on 11 for a halve. Did he concede? No. What a jackass. Grrrrrr.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice work! I wish I could shoot 78 on a regular basis.
Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

... i missed a 3 foot birdie putt on a 220 yard par 3.... best tee shot of my life gone down the drain...

This sux. I think it shows the mental flows most of us has. Statistically 70% of car accidents during a long, long trip happens within 20 miles of the target

. How many times we do that on the course? Pulling off an incredible tee-shot (long par 3 or a tight, full of hazards fairway), be "right there"... and duff the next shot ?!? The mental let-down is incredible. From full focus to prevent high score you're all of sudden in the "comfort zone"... and the guards are coming off. I manage to do it at least twice a round, however concious of it - I'm working on getting rid of it.

LOL!! I know what thats like!

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

• Administrator
Shot 78 today. Played against two kids who say they normally shoot 90 or so on the front in a best ball format and beat them 5 and 3. Played them on the back with them in a scramble and won eight holes. We tied one.

Better putting, but it still wasn't anywhere near great. Not as good a ballstriking day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Only played one hole today. Due to rain. I made par though!

Ace Adair

904R 10*

going back to that 3 foot birdie miss of mine,
how does anyone get that mental edge?
do they just try to focus harder or is it from missing countless 3 footers?
i'm really working towards having that mental edge so I don't 3 putt on the next hole after i miss a 3 footer.... or take 3 shots to get out of bunker cuz i lose my cool..... or push a drive to the other fairway to triple the last hole on a double-bogey-free round... u get the picture
Rich Lee's Artillery
---------------
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5° Aldila NV 65-S
3-Wood: Titleist 980F 15° TTDG S300
Hybrid: dunno yet...Irons: 3-PW+GW Titleist 704.CB TTDG R300Wedges: (subject to change)Putter: White Hot XG #11Ball: Titleist ProV1Handicap: 10and i2!ch = RICH

On the next tee try to regroup yourself. It is not easy at all to do! But you have to remind yourself that you are not Tiger Woods and you are HUMAN! you will make mistakes! It is what you do after you make a mistake (do you pound your club or do you still make the game fun for your playing partners) that really sets you apart. REMEMBER THIS IS A GAME! I played once with my grandpa and on this perticular day I dont think he broke 150! You could tell he was frusterated! But he still congratulated me on a nice shot and almost never let his smile down. Never cussed. If he hit a bad shot (which there was plenty of) he would say fooyie and go to his ball. His attitude the whole round made it a round of golf I will never forget! Now that he has passed. That is one of the best memories I have of him. If you just walked off the green and made a 9 on a Par 3!! Remember that "what is done is done!" You cant change what you did 10 min. ago. Just accept it and make a birdie the next hole!

Ace Adair

904R 10*

Went out and shot 53 this morning at my local course. Knocked 3 off my previous best there which im pretty happy with.

1 Par, 1 Bogie, 2 Doubles, and the rest, well more than that.

Went with a guy who has a low handicap who offered some good advice. I really focused on slowing my swing right down. Slowed it considerably, and hit longer and straighter than I ever have before which is a good feeling.

Putting let me down considerably as well, missed several short puts running around the lip, very frustrating.

Looking forwards to another game on saturday morning.

• Administrator
82. They rolled the greens today to get ready for the club championship this weekend, and had the pins in some very, very tricky spots. Believe me - on some holes, from four feet away, you've gotta be careful not to roll 60 feet off the front of the green.

82! What happened! That is something I would Shoot!

Ace Adair

904R 10*

• Administrator
82! What happened! That is something I would Shoot!

Uhh, I told you.

... the pins in some very, very tricky spots. Believe me - on some holes, from four feet away, you've gotta be careful not to roll 60 feet off the front of the green

• Administrator
I shot a 79 today. We played Rabbit, and I was the first to get the rabbit, but I never got it back after that. I halved some holes or helped take the rabbit away from others, but oh well.

Two birdies all day, some great up and downs (Dave, I made one from all the way down the slope left of 2 green with the pin back left), and a 79. Hit the ball like crap but somehow managed to get up and down when I needed to.

If I can combine my ballstriking from Tuesday with my putting and chipping from today, I'll shoot a pair of 69s on the weekend to win my club championship.

(Dave, I made one from all the way down the slope left of 2 green with the pin back left)

Wow. That is a heroic up and down. Must have laid that 60 wide open...

If I can combine my ballstriking from Tuesday with my putting and chipping from today, I'll shoot a pair of 69s on the weekend to win my club championship.

Good luck. If I have any advice (and you know this already) is to stay below the pin. Especially the way you said they have those greens right now. I'd be playing for the front of the green on #11 every day.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
Wow. That is a heroic up and down. Must have laid that 60 wide open...

No, actually kinda shut it a little bit. Had to keep it under that canopy of trees. It just cleared the bunker, hit the fringe, took a big hop, and spun and then trickled. Had 15 feet for par.

Of course, that's all speculation. I know it cleared the bunker because there was a small little skid mark on the fringe (in the dew). Those Vokey Spin-milled wedges do their job, I say.
Good luck. If I have any advice (and you know this already) is to stay below the pin. Especially the way you said they have those greens right now. I'd be playing for the front of the green on #11 every day.

Yeah, you're tellin' me. I think getting up at 5:30 the past two days may have been a big criteria in affecting my performance. It's grueling.

It will be interesting to see where they stick the pins. They're flighting our club championship as they always do, so tomorrow and Sunday we have 0-3 in Flight 1, 4-6 in Flight 2, 7-9 (I'm a 7) in Flight 3, 10-12 in Flight 4, and 13-15 in Flight 5. Next weekend it's 16+ all going at it, I guess.

• Administrator

OK, so to make a long story short, I stopped playing after nine holes today.

Ze end.

I played a quick nine last evening. I would have quit after nine (I feel you, Erik) if I had planned to play more. I hit three drives OB left and limped to 43. The nice part was hitting my irons really well (big props to the Big Bertha Fusion irons), and I only needed 13 putts.

Fortunately, I rediscovered my usual power fade off the tee on the last two holes, then went to the range for a looooong session. I left feeling much better. One of these days I'm going to leave the course feeling good, and then I'll be happy.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...