IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Today was my 5th round ever to play and I broke 100. This is still not a very good score but with the 40 mph winds that I had to deal with, I liked it. There was one tee shot that I hit really well (probably going to be about 240-250) but the wind got it and blew it almost all the way back to me.

I am addicted!

In my Grom Bag

R7 Draw Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
R7 Draw HybridR7 Irons Ball e5+White HotXG 2 Ball

First time out in about a month and finally with my own clubs.

Shot a 98 at Balboa golf club. It is an alright Muni for the $. Would have broke 90 but i had 2-3 horrible holes.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

55 on 9

only my 4th time out, so I'm quite pleased. I had one hole that I shot a 9 on that shook me up a little bit. Put myself in position for my first birdie on #11 and blew it. Got the green off the tee-seven feet from the cup, then three putted for bogey

Today I shot a 91. I had an on-off day. At one point I went Double, Par, Par, Par, Par, Double, Double, Par. It was frustrating. I really need to work on my short game because on a couple of par 5s I was right around the green in 2 and on one I got a 6 and on the other I got a 7. I got a new putter and it worked pretty well, and I can't wait to get more work in with it. All-in-all a decent round.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

49 on 9. I ususally shoot about a 44-45.

The good news is that my buddy just got "fitted" for Callaway balls, droppped a ton of money on them and some new irons, and I still beat him by 7 strokes with my old gear.

My web design business

• Administrator

Played a two-man scramble. Shot even par. Not bad. Hit some good shots. Playing partner didn't help much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't updated the post in awhile, but I've been three times in the last week or so. I shot a 42 on Memorial Day. The course was so packed with groups of four, I played the back nine and called it a day.

Last Friday, I played 18 and shot an 83. That was tied for my low round of the year, but it was better because I played the back tees. I started playing from the tips when I got my membership.

Sunday, I played 18 and shot an 82. It became my new low round of the year. It was probably the most consistent round of the year as well, with nines of 42 and 40. I even mixed in a few birdies on the round.

My downfall right now is blowing up on one or two holes per round. I'll be steady for most of the round, but I'll card a double bogey or triple bogey out of nowhere. That's really holding me back from breaking 80. That being said, I feel more confident than ever before because I get to play so much more than in the past. I haven't broken 80 in over a year, but hopefully it's only a matter of time.

As for this week, I'll be heading out Friday and Sunday morning for a couple more rounds. If I play two a week, I'll be happy. If I get in three, that's even better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Walked 18 yesterday morning at Golf De L in Linconlnton, GA.

It became almost unbearably hot towards the end on the last few holes.

Driver head came loose from the shaft on number 10....made for an interesting back nine.....did okay with the 3 wood off the tee and hit more long irons into the greens.

Went out in 45 and came back in 44. Putted 37 times.

The course is one of the easiest in the area so my score of 89 surely won't hold up on a tougher track like Jones Creek Golf Club....probably 8-12 strokes harder.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I played in a 9-hole 4 man scramble. We didn't do so well, shot 3 under, winners were 7 under. But.....On the last hole, a par 4, from 50 yards out, I drained my pitch shot for eagle and we won a $180 skin! That was about the only contribution I made to the team today though.

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods
r7 TP Irons/RAC TP Wedges
White Hot XG Sabertooth Putter

I played in the first two rounds of my club's match play championship last weekend. I'm the 3 seed in the 5th (bottom) flight.

We are playing from the Whites on The Knolls (69.6/119, 6436 yds., Par 71)

I shot my career round 83 (43/40) on Saturday. My previous career round was 85, and my previous career nine was 42. 1 Birdie, 8 pars, 7 bogeys, 1 double, 1 quad. 6 FW, 6 GIR, 30 Putts, 3 Penalties. I was giving 3 strokes, and I won the match 5 and 3.

I shot 93 (47/46) on Sunday. 2 Pars, 10 bogeys, 6 doubles. Quite a different round. 8 FW, 4 GIR, 38 Putts, 0 Penalties. I was giving 9 strokes, and I won the match 7 and 5. I hit 7 FW in a row from 6-13, probably my best stretch ever.

I'm in the semis on Saturday giving 6 to my opponent. Finals are on Sunday.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

41 (par 31) on my league last night. It was not as bad as it sounds though. I had a tripple on the 3rd hole when my tee shot came up just short of the green and rolled back into knee high grass that was incredibly thick. I should have taken the drop but tried to hit out. I advanced the first but then ended up chunking the next when my club caught up in the grass. It took me 2 more to get it on the green and then I rolled in a solid put for par. I had a bad tripple on the par 4 8th after an OB tee shot. I learned my lesson on the 9th and took an unplayable from the knee high stuff. After the drop I stuck a PW from 130 to 10 feet and drained the par putt.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I played 18 yesterday on a par 60 course and I shot a 73 it was amazing considering the last time I was there I shot a 90 and a 100 the time before that. This is my first year playing golf and if I keep shooting like that I think I just might start to love golf.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

Best round of my life yesterday, didn't really feel like it though. I shot 81 (44-37) with 2 gut-wrenching blown 3 foot bridie putts. Oh well, just makes me want to break 80 that much more next time.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

Played a practise round today at the course i shot 73. Took a lot of re-shots today, so I didn't count the score, played awful though. Was playing the wrong shots around the greens. Driving was awful!!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

41 on nine today.. pretty boring nine really, two putts lipped out back to back on 8 and 9. Played 36 yesterday at a course about an hour from my course, I shot 83 on it back in a high school match this spring. Shot 89 the first nine it was horrible... and a 77 on my second 18. thats more like it

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Finally!!!!!!I broke 90 again!!!woooohoooo!!!I scored an 85 today at our course...I think what made me play better was that I was playing with someone reaaly good..I had 6 pars,1 birdie,1 triple,1 double and 9 bogies..BTY,the guy I was playing with shot a 74(-1 front and +3 on the back)...I'm a very happy golfer right now!!!!

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco