IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

i drove the ball pretty poorly today. so much for figuring that out on the range yesterday. hit my irons well enough to shoot a 90. hit a LOT of three woods off the deck today

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

27 putts.
Wow, tonight is time to celebrate.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Played a 9 hole Course just then, Par is 34.

I shot 35. Not bad considering its winter here and its wet as hell underfoot.

Be lucky if I even got a few meters roll of my drives.

In just 9 holes after rushing to the golf course after hockey i managed to shoot a lifetime best 38 on the front nine, 2 over par. Consistantly hit my woods well(for once)which is a change and my irons(my strength) were just about perfect, everything long and straight. My 3 bogeys came due to poor chipping. Different from a usual round that has 5 or 6 birdies but a lot of double bogeys.

I was happy with my new driver, the sumo2. Took a little getting used to but ended up sitting around 260/270 on wet fairways with practically no roll.

"Don't drink and drive, don't even putt."

In my bag:
Sumo2 9.5 degree driver I3 3 wood 5 wood Deep Reds 3-PW Vokey 60 degreeSW 2 bar hybrid putter.

Shot a 79 in a tournament today :)

Very good score for me, first time under 80 in a tournament.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5Β° XTD Pro Graphite...

76 today. not my best, but a noteable round for me. 3 bogey's per side, one bird. (par 71) No big numbers and getting closer to my goal of vanilla golf.

Shot a completely garbage 9 holes this morning for a 51. For the most part hit the driver and irons good and started off putting pretty well. The misery can only be fully appreciated hole by hole

Hole 1, Par3- Up & down par, great start!
Hole 2, Par4- Top driver, then top 3W, slice 5i, then 2 chips needed to get on green, triple bogey
Hole 3, Par4- Push 9i into bunker, 2 shots to get out, double bogey
Hole 4, Par5- Great drive, bogey 6. Ok, got the jitters out, right?
Hole 5, Par4- 3 putt, double bogey
Hole 6, Par4- Another bunker, another 2 shots to get out, triple bogey
Hole 7, Par3- Great 5i shot for GIR, 3 putt but at this rate I'm happy with the bogey 4
Hole 8, Par4- Another GIR with a long putt to the hole. Hit it fat and another 3 putt. I proceed to throw my ball to the next tee box.
Hole 9, Par5- Good drive and second shot. Miff pitch so I'm on in four and ANOTHER 3 putt.

Rant over, time for happy thoughts

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

I played 18 this morning and shot an 83. I can feel everything I've worked hard for this summer slipping away. It felt like it was my first round of the year again. Four or five decent-size putts for par saved the round from being even worse. It was definitely a grind.

I had 3 pars in my last 4 holes though, so maybe it will come together again in my next few rounds. I'm going back out tomorrow morning, and then I'll play Sunday and Monday in preparation for next week's Newport Cup (Sand Trap staff outing for those wondering). Hopefully I can figure a few things out between now and next Thursday.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well yesterday....

Shot an OK 9 hole round of 42. Had a terrible 7th hole (triple bogey after hitting it in the drink on what should have been a relatively easy par 4). Had a few bad shots but manged par/birdie/bogey on all the rest.

Hit a nice wedge on a 125 yard par 3 within a foot of the cup...tap in for birdie. That made me feel better about the round overall.

-JR

After the 35 yesterday, I didn't play that great today. Shot a 40. Driver was great, but missed at least two putts inside 6 feet for par.

Those will kill ya everytime. Oh well.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot 42 - 36 for a 78 today. I was +4 after 3 holes so was in a big hole right off the bat. Oh well, at least I finished ok.

Β Sub 70 849Β 9* driver

:callaway:Β Β Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade:Β SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:Β Β King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

Β :ping:Β Heppler ZB3 putter

Β 

Β 

• Administrator
73 at Lake View (from the white tees in a league). Both of my net eagles were canceled by Charlie Stewart. How that guy is a 24 handicap I have no frickin' clue.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

74 at Eagle Bend. 39 (+3) 35 (-1).

Front 9 hit 4 fairways and 8 GIR, hit tee ball on 8 into the water, had 8 two-putts (19), three-jacked on #9. Back nine hit 5 fairways and 6 GIR, lost a ball o.b., one-putted on 10 (u/d), 11 (birdie) and 16 (bogey (the o.b. hole)), chipped in on 13 (birdie), two putted the rest. Had 13 putts on the back.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Today I shot 78, shooting 37-41. On the front I had 2 bogeys, 1 birdie, 6 pars, which was a good round for me. But on the back it all went to hell, well actually I didn't play that bad, except I triple-bogeyed 11, if you miss the fairway and go into the trees in Alaska then you are screwed

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Another 43 in league last night. Good off the tee (for the most part). Decent putting. Just didn't execute on a few short chip shots (ended up blasting a 10 ft. eagle chip to 35ft. below the hole). Two tee shots OB on #3 didn't help either.