IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Do they take that gift cert in the bar?

Nope. If they did, you'd be getting a few drinks when you come down.

I'll have to find some use for it by the way of golf equipment. I'm thinking of ordering the TaylorMade hybrid 3...and stocking up on Pro-V1x's. Any suggestions?

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Nope. If they did, you'd be getting a few drinks when you come down.

Why thank you.

Pro V1xs are a good buy, and I've yet to write the review of the TM Rescue Hybrid TP, but it's a great replacement for my 2-iron (the 19° Rescue, that is, which I think is marked on the sole as a "3"). Just make sure you get the TP version - the non-TP version is biased to go left, as seemingly all TM non-TP equipment is... The stock shaft is pretty good, too - a Diamana. I think I still put the weights 8/14 heel/toe.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot 89. I was pretty happy with that considering I lost 3 balls :( Its the second time I have been out to play since I started back 2 months ago. I rarely let myself go out and pay to play I dont quite feel I am good enough yet. I just try to stick to the range.

• Administrator
I shot 89. I was pretty happy with that considering I lost 3 balls :( Its the second time I have been out to play since I started back 2 months ago. I rarely let myself go out and pay to play I dont quite feel I am good enough yet. I just try to stick to the range.

I'm a firm believer that, though you can learn to swing on the range, you learn to play and to score on the golf course.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just back from a week's vacation, and my best two rounds of the season. Played last Monday at Pinecroft Golf Course in Beulah, MI and shot 79. On the third hole, I blocked my drive OB. This was a wake-up call. I scrambled for a 6 on the hole (a par-5) and played solidly the rest of the way, managing three birdies and plenty of pars. This course sets up well for me, as I shot my career low (76) there last year.

On Friday, I played Pinecroft's sister course, Champion Hill. Shot 80. Knew I needed a birdie at the last to break 80, and I hit a 212-yard 5-iron to 8 feet. The putt lipped out on the high side, but I was still happy with the day. Missed plenty of birdie putts (only made one), but made plenty of 5-8 foot par putts.

Very happy with the two rounds. I drove the ball great, needing nothing more than a chip or short pitch on several par-4s. I also rediscovered my inside-100-yards wedge game. And most importantly, I putted very well. Golf's a lot of fun when those things come together.

And if you ever find yourself in the northwestern part of Michigan's lower peninsula, check out Pinecroft and Champion Hill. Family-owned and operated, great views and very interesting layouts.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

78 at Blackmoor
82 at Wachesaw East

The 78 could have easily been a 74-5 but thats the breaks. My putter was OHHH so close all day. A lip here a lip there ....

The 82 I shot was down right FUGLY and I thought it was more like a 88, nothing was going my way Saturday!

-What's in Da Bag?-

TaylorMade M1 8.5 
Cobra SZ strong 3
3-w Titleist 735 CM 

• Administrator
Shot a 75 today. 38/37 at Downing - a fairly decent municipal course. Played the whites cuz the two kids I was with were playing the whites. 6700 yards.

16 putts on the front (one three-putt), 16 on the back (no three-putts). 5 and 6 GIR, front/back. 3/4 UD on the front (one was an SS), 2 of 3 on the back (the miss was my one bogey). Hit something like 4 fairways all day, but most of the others weren't bad misses.

Swing was terrible today, but I scored well with it. Had to take two clubs less than normal and bounce everything in - the course was hard (the ground, not difficult, physically hard). Missed two relatively easy birdie putts - tough course to putt. Oh well.

• Administrator

Shot a 78-ish today. Didn't start well (then again, we started at 6:30 and I hadn't loosened up at all), but then I basically gave up after the 10th hole and I'm counting the score I would have shot. So no, I didn't post a 78...

I "would have shot" 78-ish if the course were not recently paved with cement. The greens, in particular.

We've had such a dry summer, especially the past two weeks, that I had 85 yards in to a front pin on the 10th green today that landed just short (in the fringe) and bounced so hard, high, and far that I had a 75-foot putt for birdie. After two perfectly executed shots. I didn't bump and run that shot, either - it was a full sand wedge.

I'm fine playing the whole "bump and run" game on courses built for it. Lake View really isn't, and I don't really enjoy playing the game when good shots are punished.

• Administrator

Shot a 79 today. Course conditions are still "iffy" and weird. I made one birdie but had a run at a few others. I dropped a few good par putts too after modest chip shots or bunker shots. Tough to gauge the spin and bounce on the greens - each was playing differently today.

Best shot of the round was my tee shot and the subsequent (one) putt on the par-3 7th, a 210-yard par three that plays into a little breeze most of the time. It's the first time I've ever birdied the hole. Had a hundred lipouts for bird, but this one (from 15 feet or so) dropped right in.

I played Friday evening after work and again today.

The two scores are very similar, but the rounds were very different.

I shot an 84 after work on Friday. My ball-striking was very shaky to say the least. I couldn't drive the ball very straight, and my iron-play left a lot to be desired. That being said, I chipped and putted very well (including a 30-yard chip-in for birdie). The short-game really helped me a lot, and I was pretty happy with an 84 for the most part. I like to keep it in the low 80s if possible.

Today, I shot an 83. My driving was superb, as I hit most of the fairways, and I only had 1 really bad drive. My iron-play was as good as its been in awhile, and I left myself with a lot of 30 or 40 footers for birdie. But for me, that's pretty good because at least I'm on the green in regulation.

Well, my chipping and putting didn't really show up today, with the exception of my 5-8 foot putting. I probably duffed 2 or 3 chips and 3-putted a few holes as well. That made the scores add up a lot quicker than I wanted. I seemed to either par the hole or double bogey it. I had 4 double bogeys and a string of pars.

Overall, I was still pretty happy with an 83. I think I should have shot an 81 or 82, but you know how that goes.

That gives me a 79, 84, and 83 for my last three rounds, and that's the most consistent I've been all year by far. And that's what really makes me the happiest. In the spring and early summer, I would shoot an 81 followed by an 89 or 90, and so on.... Now, at least I'm staying in the high 70s and low 80s like I'm capable of.

Good times..

• Administrator

Get those rounds posted for handicap purposes! No sandbagging at the Newport Cup!

Get those rounds posted for handicap purposes! No sandbagging at the Newport Cup!

I had a 69 on the Championship course this weekend in the first round of Interclub and followed it with a 72 at the other course. You'll notice the drop in my profile.

I putted really well both days, but was only hitting it close on the 2nd 9 on Saturday. Made the turn at 37 (+2) and came home with a 32 (-3). That was my personal best out there. Made a bunch of putts and burnt the edge on a few other ones. Sunday I just couldn't hit my irons close. I hit 14 greens but it seemed that I was always around 25-30 feet. The only time I hit it w/in 10 feet I made the putt. I had about 4-5 of those 25 footers that either rolled over the edge or didn't break the way I thought they would. I had 16 pars, 1 bird and 1 bogey. The only bogey was a 3 putt...and I didn't feel bad about it because I was lucky I didn't 4 putt. (Erik...imagine being back left on #11 and the pin being front right. Then leaving your first putt 10 feet short. ). Anyway, like I said, I'm hitting it good...not great, but putting the ball really good right now. If I start hitting my irons better, I know I can throw a real low number up there.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator

We will need all the help we can get when we have to work against those sandbaggers named Cody. Good rounds, Dave. +1.7 now, eh? Yikes.

75 Sat morning on home course, very uneventfull.
83 in the afternoon on a Nicklaus course. Forced (by guys half my age ) to play all the way back (7200) with strong winds (funny, every hole 400+ was into the wind?!?!)
and super-fast greens I got my ass kicked. It's not much fun playing 486y par 4 with green guarded by a pond - if you don't have Tiger's swing nor distance

I took the gaspipe yesterday. I have wasted some great putting with horrible chipping and pitching the last two weeks. I caught two bad breaks that I followed up with bad shots and ended up with a 47. It could have easily been 42 or less. My 52* has me shaking my head. I hit it so well in July and the first half of August. I felt great using it from 100 and in. I holed out with it from 90 yards a few weeks ago. Now I can't get much close with it and when I do, it's usually after I already hit a bad shot with it. It's so far in my head that I have gone to the high risk flop shot on a few occasions that I really should not have.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Trust me, the courses I play are probably twice as easy as the courses everyone else plays. Oklahoma is flat and there is very little water. Also the course is very short compared to some I have played.

For the Newport Cup, I won't be able to play as well by using my 3-wood on every hole, and the rough will eat me alive (we have very little rough, if any, at my course).

I'm tellin ya, I've never really played a nice course, so my handicap will be more like a 20 or 30 at the Newport Cup. That is, unless I play far above my talent level, or lack thereof. :)

• Administrator
I'm tellin ya, I've never really played a nice course, so my handicap will be more like a 20 or 30 at the Newport Cup. That is, unless I play far above my talent level, or lack thereof. :)

Ha, your handicap index will be, it seems, 15.

Don't start now, buddy boy! Hmmm, I should get the cards all prepared. After all, everything's set. Hmmmm... The only thing I don't know is what the final handicaps will be. Anyway, I'll put that off until mid-September.

i fired 77-83-79-85 on my weekend golf trip. i was 4 over after 14 on my other round before it got rained out. those few in the 80s were due to a few (hundred?) cocktails

Get working on your game Cody!!!

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"