IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a disgusting score over Thanksgiving break. Every part of my game was at least OK, except my driving. I hit two decent drives all day. I called it quits due to daylight at hole 14 and haven't applied my handicap yet, but I think it's going to bring my score to about 95, my first over 90 game in months. I was doing so well, eeking out 88s and 89s, but that one day just killed me. I was playing so badly, I wouldn't be shocked if I'd have gone two or three strokes over whatever my handicap gave me -- the daylight was a score-saver. :roll:

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

45. Rough 9 holes...the ground was very wet and it was pretty cold out (~40*). Had a couple nice drives and putted well, but my irons and fuller wedge shots kept digging pretty bad. Hopefully the ground will dry out a little by tomorrow and I'll have a better round.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

40 (+8)

18 putts.

FIR: 5/9

GIR: 2/9

Played very well today, but it still feels like I can improve so much more.

I blasted some drives on the short par 4's within ~50m, and then often failed to hit the green with my wedge :(

3x 3 putts didn't help my cause. I'm getting a mallet-putter for christmas, so I hope that'll improve my putting. At the moment I'm using a very basic putter. Although I did get a few nice putts in today.

Highlight was probably getting onto the green with my 7 iron after driving it into the adjacent fairway :p (My only terrible drive of the day)

Still, my best, and most consistent round ever (No hole over 5)

I still feel I can do soo much better though :p

Playing 18 on a par 72 on monday, hoping to get around 90.

Had 76 today (7 over), but could have been anything, better or worse. I had 2 double bogeys and 2 triple bogeys. I did my best to offset that with 5 birdies and missed another from 5ft, half a roll short. Would have been 3 birdies on the trot. I hit 5 shots in hazards. Missed a lot of greens and fairways. Played pretty bad, but only had 25 putts so it saved my bacon.

75 ... out of nowhere.

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Played the Marine Base course on Kaneohe Bay today.  Not a terribly hard track, but it has small mounded greens that are usually pretty fast for Oahu, and typically plays very windy.  Wind was moderate today at about 15mph.

Shot a 39-35 that could have been much lower (couldn't they all?).  Opened with five routine pars, hitting 3/4 fairways and 3/5 greens but with easy (makeable) chips on the two missed.  One of the misses was on the 170-yard par-3 4th when my 8-iron shot hit the bottom of the flagstick and spun back 30 feet.  I was hitting solid drives, with the ball starting out on line and working nicely in the intended direction, which usually indicates a good day is coming.

Trouble started on the par-3 6th, when I totally wiped a 4-iron into the wind (one of only 3 bad shots on the day) and had a difficult flopper from a scruffy lie resulting in double-bogey.  Bounced back with a birdie on the 575-yard 7th when my 3-wood stopped on the back fringe.  Unbounced on the 8th when my 3-wood off the tee, again into the wind, drew a little too much and took a hard bounce left into the hazard.  Don't count that as a bad shot because I hit it just like I wanted to.  Still don't know how it found the water, but another double left me at +3 on the 9th tee.  An absolute bomb on the 380-yard downwind par-4 left me about 45 yards from the green where I hit a nice chili-dipper to the front fringe and two-putted for a 39.

Par-5 10th started with a push-cut drive into the wind which finished in the 9th fairway, but a good high-cut hybrid left me 80 yards out for a routine gap-wedge 2-putt par.  Found the bunker on the par-3 11th when a high six-iron shot stubbornly ignored a 20-MPH crosswind, but managed a nice sand save.  Bogeyed 12 and 13 without hitting a bad shot as I hit two perfect drives (including a perfect low cut 3-wood into the wind) but misjudged the wind on both approaches.  14 and 15 started the magic, as I hit bomb driver and gap-wedge inside 15 feet on both of the downwind par-4s.  Another perfect drive on the par-5 16th left me 220 to the flag, and a solid 3-iron put me on the right fringe for an easy 2-putt birdie.  The 17th is a 305-yard uphill, downwind par 4 with giant bunkers short and left--but that never stops me from hitting driver.  Ended up against the far lip of the left bunker, and had a good lie but had to take a severely crouched stance with one foot outside the bunker.  Ended up hitting the shot of the day, blasting it to 3 feet, but missed the putt which broke more than six inches.

Solid 5-iron into the wind on the par-3 finishing hole left me 30 feet away for a 73.  Of course I missed it, but made a nice tester to close out with a par for 74.  Really fun day.

Made a conscious effort today to choke down at least an inch on every wood and hybrid shot, and I had one of my best driving days in a while (despite the wiper on 10, but I never hit a good drive there because the wide-open right side is just tooo inviting).  I also hit a green with a full 3-wood, which I never do.  The best part was that every tee shot today except 1 started on the intended line and had the intended shape.  Only two bad shots of the day (except for the duffed pitch, which was really an easy shot) were both attempts to hit low draws into the wind.  Really gotta work on that shot or stop trying to hit it.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 83 today ( night golf ) and  it is really a frustrating day for putting , total 6x 3putts !

Front 9 was okay with 17 putts with 5 GIR.

Back 9 with 23 putts with 7 GIR  ..ARGG !

I cant fell my putting strokes since i start my 1st Gym Work Out on Weight on Monday ! The muscles are aching !

But Irons and Driver are alright !

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Teed off shortly before NOON today: 35degrees/27 degree wind chill. 15mph winds......

I was never able to to get loose and my tee to green game was horrible!!  I was tight all day and only hit 4 greens in regulation. The short game was my saving grace as I was able to get up and down 10 times to save a lot of pars.  I only needed 27 putts and shot a 6 over par 78.  The short game was $$$.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

played a local municipal today and shaved 7 shots off my best shooting a 92,driving felt good with only one mulligan took..2 putted mostly but im happy with the result,although my only gripe is the yardage markers stated 100 to the green were way off ( without wind against me i was hittin an 8i to get on??) oh well...roll on next weekend

Played a really long course today 7300 yards but, with the cold and wind felt like it was 8700 yards.  Ended up 7 over on the front because of some bad tee shots on some really long par 4s.  Finished the backside strong and shot even with a birdie on the last and number 1 handicap hole which I have never made birdie on.  With the conditions I'm not really that upset with a 79 my buddy who is same handicap as me shot 87.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 75 today in the drizzle. Was my best round ever so far. Had 3 birdies. Hit pin on 14 with a 153 yard 8 iron 1 foot birdie. par 3 15th hit 8 iron to within 15 ft sank birdie for an extra $10.  New irons feel great. I can't wait til spring golf.

Shot a 71 yesterday, totally unexpected. Put a 2 ball Odyssey belly putter back in the bag and it worked like a charm. I seem to put better with it on slow winter greens. But today is a new day, will see it it still has the mojo.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Not today (i live in ottawa, the last rounds were begining of november) , but my last two rounds of the year acutally ended off on a good note. I hadn't played in 3 weeks before these two because of cold weather.  But i went out a shot 73-71 with a brand new R11 in my bag from my bday.  Luckily it was fine to miss the fairway, but by the 2nd round i figured the R11 out and it was feeling pretty good.

Very nice to finally end the year on a good note, and maybe carry that momentum into 2012.

Im already dying to golf and the winter has barley started, oh no, Golf Channel HD and Golf digest here i come!

Tiger90

81 at the toughest local course.

10 FIR, 9 GIR, 36 putts.

As per usual, could have and should have been way better.

Started on the back 9, 3 putts lipped out and bogeyed the par 5 18th after laying up to 75 metres. Overcooked my chip and had an impossible chip down the hill and 3 putted. Much better 39 on front 9 and overall very happy.

Weather:

Temps in the 30's on the first tee....low 40's on completion

Course:

72.5cr

137slope

I shot 80-76 last weekend and cant complain.  It's cold outside and my swing has already turned rusty....... I could have done a lot worse!!  I was pleased overall...thanks to a respectable round on Sunday.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch