IGNORED

Shoulder Turn

Bill926
Note: This thread is 3108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok, i am going to try and answer all queries in just the one post.

in regard to the query on shoulder turn, the wrist hinge artificially manipulated  in a backward hinging motion  will be a better way to start the backswing, although not the real answer to this dilemma. the only way you can guarantee results is by pushing down on the "total' left shoulder, almost perpendicularly, around a fixed upper horizontal spine.

when i say the game is "screwed " for money, that is fairly obvious if you just look at the "wombats " who get a license to teach questionable antics .

it is not rocket science , this revered golf swing.

a lot of the videos of so called great swings i see here worry me greatly, as they are not at all natural, and require huge adjustments to the person"s natural movement .

this is a huge problem if you are just trying to play the game without possible future injury or permanent health implications as a result of being foolhardy .

I routinely troll and make things up. Please use my posts for your own amusement, and little else.

31 minutes ago, mythbuster said:

a lot of the videos of so called great swings i see here worry me greatly, as they are not at all natural, and require huge adjustments to the person"s natural movement .

Please give us an example of one of the so called great swings that worry you, and then give us a great swing that is really a great swing that you believe people should be seeking to emulate.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@mythbuster, you might want to clean up this answer. It's totally incomprehensible as to what you are trying to say. Using quotes to answer questions helps people understand what you are talking about instead of making a garbled mess of a post.

Notice how @Abu3baid uses the quote function so I as a reader can see what he is answering to. It's really helpful. 

Honestly your comments are not thought out and really don't make sense at all. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 hours ago, mythbuster said:

ok, i am going to try and answer all queries in just the one post.

Here's information on quoting posts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, mythbuster said:

in regard to the query on shoulder turn, the wrist hinge artificially manipulated  in a backward hinging motion  will be a better way to start the backswing, although not the real answer to this dilemma. the only way you can guarantee results is by pushing down on the "total' left shoulder, almost perpendicularly, around a fixed upper horizontal spine.

when i say the game is "screwed " for money, that is fairly obvious if you just look at the "wombats " who get a license to teach questionable antics .

it is not rocket science , this revered golf swing.

this is a huge problem if you are just trying to play the game without possible future injury or permanent health implications as a result of being foolhardy .

Your mini rant is misplaced at best, and devoid of any real useful information or meaning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ok, we all  seem to have a problem here of accepting beneficial change.

this is a  totally normal reaction, but is detrimental to the game long term.

anyway, just to add a few points as to my proven 'theory' on left shoulder down around fixed upper horizontal spine, you must set your shoulders at address correctly, otherwise it will not work.

when i say "set", that is ironically the worst thing you can think of to actually get the shoulders in tension free set mode.

all the garbage i see bandied out about set up positioning is preposterous.

in other words, the only way you can swing freely with your shoulders and "force" your left shoulder to go down max. for optimum wind up power with utmost consistent, in groove results, is if you understand what and why i am trying to get across.

I routinely troll and make things up. Please use my posts for your own amusement, and little else.

1 hour ago, mythbuster said:

anyway, just to add a few points as to my proven 'theory' on left shoulder down around fixed upper horizontal spine, you must set your shoulders at address correctly, otherwise it will not work.

when i say "set", that is ironically the worst thing you can think of to actually get the shoulders in tension free set mode.

in other words, the only way you can swing freely with your shoulders and "force" your left shoulder to go down max. for optimum wind up power with utmost consistent, in groove results, is if you understand what and why i am trying to get across.

Why not just show us? I'm sorry, but claiming superiority in understanding and  enlightenment without stopping for a second to actually answer any of the pervious questions asked is pretty sad.

how about this.. Go back to my previous post and reply?  Please do that so this can be more than you just saying new things and spreading new myths around.

Eyad

3 hours ago, mythbuster said:

It is obvious to most of us that you are pulling your information out of thin air. You also seem to not have a real grasp of what the experts on this site are saying and seem reluctant to actually comprehend what they say. This makes your post not worth reading at best and harmful to the OP at worst. The OP is trying to get better, you are not helping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, mythbuster said:

For what to work?

4 hours ago, mythbuster said:

Meaning you have no clue what you are talking about because you can't even finish the point of your own sentence? 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, mythbuster said:

For me, the problem is I have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking to in your last several posts.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Pure rubbish.

@mythbuster, you chose a poor username.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

exactly 'Golf is Hard', everything will be rubbish to you which is totally understandable from your defeatist nametag.

ok, let"s get back to some reality here as i seem to have damaged a few over inflated egos.

that said ,i don't deal in trivial matters.

when i said that it is how you set up that is critical, i will now tell you how to go about this all important procedure.

the only way you can push down on your left shoulder is to have the accommodating appropriate stance.

when you bend towards the ball, you must collapse your muscles on the pelvic right side, so you almost feel as though your weight is on the right foot and your foot will turn in somewhat automatically to accommodate the extra weight.

i will not go into too much detail as to why it works , but if you think it through and do it correctly then your swing will no longer be "pure rubbish"

1 hour ago, mythbuster said:

exactly 'Golf is Hard', everything will be rubbish to you which is totally understandable from your defeatist nametag.

ok, let"s get back to some reality here as i seem to have damaged a few over inflated egos.

when i said that it is how you set up that is critical, i will now tell you how to go about this all important procedure.

the only way you can push down on your left shoulder is to have the accommodating appropriate stance.

when you bend towards the ball, you must collapse your muscles on the pelvic right side, so you almost feel as though your weight is on the right foot and your foot will turn in somewhat automatically to accommodate the extra weight.

i will not go into too much detail as to why it works , but if you think it through and do it correctly then your swing will no longer be "pure rubbish"

Do you read what others are saying?

If you keep it up I'm not sure you'll find anyone to engage in conversation with you..

you keep saying the same thing over and over and let me say that it didn't convince me the first time.

Eyad

5 hours ago, mythbuster said:

You never make any sense. Please stop posting stuff like this. You are not helping others and certainly not helping yourself.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

My nametag? iacas is my username. My avatar is a trademarked term that forms the first three words of a book I co-wrote that's sold thousands and thousands of copies. My user title is currently "5SK® Director of Instructor Development • Co-Author, LSW".

I have anything but a defeatist attitude. I spend tens of hours per week helping golfers. Some weeks that number has probably topped 100 hours. So no, your post was rubbish because it didn't make any sense and you continue to chase down what worked for you that day, all while saying that what works for you (bear in mind given your handicap we are using a very loose definition of "works") will absolutely work for everyone else. That's rubbish. Always has, always will be.

Nobody's ego has been damaged here (possibly yours…?). People can't even tell what you're saying.

Set up is not that critical. We've been over this. Important? Yes. Easy? Yes. Did every great player ever set up one particular way? No. So there is no one setup position.

I can make my left shoulder move down from countless postures. So have the game's best players.

The vast majority of good players set up with more weight on their left foot than their right, actually, and you've been cautioned against dealing with "feels" as everyone will "feel" things differently depending on a whole host of things.

I didn't call your swing pure rubbish. You've never posted your amazing 15-handicap swing. I called your post rubbish, and I'll say it again here: that's rubbish.

@mythbuster, here's the deal…

You came on here talking about how you were glad people liked to debate and discuss things. We do; that remains true. Yet then you immediately launch into saying things which are easily refuted by easy to find examples. To respond to that, you post gibberish, fail to quote people, don't respond directly to any of the questions or points made against or to you, etc.

If you want to discuss, please do.

If you want to tell us all that there's one way to swing and that you, a 15-handicapper who has chased several quick fixes in the short time you've been here, has found the secret… we're going to be skeptical to say the least.

• Upvote 3

I can "push down" on my left shoulder standing on one foot. The "perfect" set-up doesn't make anything in the swing automatic.

Mike McLoughlin

sorry to hurt your feelings mvmac as i didn"t even realize that you were the instigator of the post.

i honestly just thought you were some smart ar.e having a lend of me. anyway, that is why i gave such a skewed response as it was in jest .  anyway, i did not also realize you wrote a book and i can now understand why you think golf is such a challenge-GOLF is HARD.

i would like to take this opportunity to clarify my position with the setup.

whether you push down the left shoulder or not is immaterial as long as you are in a neutral setup position .i know you dispute this, as you keep going on about how you think you know what neutral actually is.

i will repeat this again -if you can find a perfect, neutral setup position , the swing is then automatic.

what you have probably had problems in your teaching pursuits with, is that some golfers can find that position more readily than others.

i think you should hold back on your pious attitude just because i am a 15 handicapper until you can digest the real connotations of my alleged diatribe.

2 hours ago, mythbuster said:

whether you push down the left shoulder or not is immaterial as long as you are in a neutral setup position .i know you dispute this, as you keep going on about how you think you know what neutral actually is.

Can you please attach a picture or point me to where I can find out how to get into this neutral position you speak of?

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!