IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The website logs me out whenever I switch pages on my phone, so I have to log in again to post anything or reply to posts.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, freshmanUTA said:

The website logs me out whenever I switch pages on my phone, so I have to log in again to post anything or reply to posts.

Scroll back and read a few posts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it was intended so people dont play nike clubs( ;) ), but when i try to do the :nike: in my signature, it says that the image is too big. "This image is larger than the maximum allowed dimensions of 150 x 75."

Edit: same goes with the :cobra:... Man you guys just hate rickie and rory dont ya?

Edited by freshmanUTA
Left out a piece of information

Interesting bug here. I've noticed that I can't actually login via the little widget at the top of the screen. When I click "log in" after inputting my information it always takes me to the full log in page with error messages saying that I entered no username or password. Clearing the cache, using a different browser, and using mobile versions of the site all have the same issue for me. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, freshmanUTA said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it was intended so people dont play nike clubs( ;) ), but when i try to do the :nike: in my signature, it says that the image is too big. "This image is larger than the maximum allowed dimensions of 150 x 75."

Edit: same goes with the :cobra:... Man you guys just hate rickie and rory dont ya?

I changed it to 350. The Nike image is actually something like 664 x 64 or something, but that's @2x sizes. So 350 should definitely cover it. Maybe even 250. But it's 350 for now…

5 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Interesting bug here. I've noticed that I can't actually login via the little widget at the top of the screen. When I click "log in" after inputting my information it always takes me to the full log in page with error messages saying that I entered no username or password. Clearing the cache, using a different browser, and using mobile versions of the site all have the same issue for me. 

That happens if you press enter. It works for me if you press the button.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

That happens if you press enter. It works for me if you press the button.

I've tried it both ways with the same result. An odd quirk to be sure.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I've tried it both ways with the same result. An odd quirk to be sure.

Works here when I use it, so yeah… odd.

It also signs me out every time I close the website, despite having the "remember me" box checked. I have a feeling the two are related, but I'm not certain. 

It could have something to do with the chrome browser and my second monitor. For some reason chrome doesn't play very nice when you have it open on your non-primary monitor. You can't click on any of the little widgets to the right of the address bar (for example, to turn off ad-block plus or turn it back on again) and it won't let you do stuff like cast to a chromecast if the browser is open on your second monitor.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a weird one: starting yesterday, clicking on the TST logo at the top banner (on mobile - iPhone) signs me out.

I can refresh, close the browser, turn off my phone...and it is fine. But a click on the banner signs me out. Weird.

- John

• Administrator
On August 19, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Hardspoon said:

This is a weird one: starting yesterday, clicking on the TST logo at the top banner (on mobile - iPhone) signs me out.

I can refresh, close the browser, turn off my phone...and it is fine. But a click on the banner signs me out. Weird.

I don't know if it actually signs you out. It might just be a caching issue.

But maybe it does, too. The software is a little weird about signing people out sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On June 29, 2016 at 10:19 PM, Hardspoon said:

Over the past week, I've been receiving multiple "We've missed you, Hardspoon" e-mails.

I've received two last Friday, one last Saturday...and five tonight.

Capture.JPG

TST is turning into a clingy ex-girlfriend.  ;-) 

I re-set this system. I hope this problem has been corrected.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I re-set this system. I hope this problem has been corrected.

It seems to be fixed as of a few days ago, actually. Weird.

- John

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

It seems to be fixed as of a few days ago, actually. Weird.

I turned it off months ago. Like… in the first part of July. 

I re-enabled it a few weeks ago. There was about six weeks where none of those emails would have been sent at all.

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I turned it off months ago. Like… in the first part of July. 

I re-enabled it a few weeks ago. There was about six weeks where none of those emails would have been sent at all.

Oops - I should have read your post carefully. I thought you were replying to the TST-logo sign out issue. Duh. Yes, email thing has been fixed for a while.

- John

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hey where did the golf course architecture & design board go?
I was looking to post something about The Loop

Why have two people asked about that?

It's right where it has always been:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/8-golf-courses-and-architecture/

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

When I click on the link on the forums button at the top I get an error and it takes me to this page (on safari/mac, and on firefox and IE on PC's

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/8-//

No it doesn't. ;-)

Plus, https://thesandtrap.com/forums/.

Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!