IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome to the new forum!

While all the content is here, some of it is suffering from goofy formatting. For example, everyone may want to update their signatures (and in doing so, note that "enter" or "return" inserts a new paragraph while shift-enter or shift-return inserts a new line).

Some videos don't show up. Those should be re-processed soon. Ditto for your content counts and reputation totals (which will be adjusted downward slightly, because unlike at the old site, every vote here is worth just 1 point).

This thread is for the detailing of other bugs. Provide as much information as you can so that myself, @mvmac, and @Linville can track down the bugs and/or issue fixes.

I'm going to be away on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll be watching this thread, as will @mvmac and @Linville, so help us out and post a lot of stuff here if there are bugs. Please try not to duplicate any bugs already reported, but please do try to be thorough. We want everything to be nice and smooth, and look great, so no bugs are too small to list. They may be too small to fix right away, but we hope to get to them all.

Also, note that some things are just different or not possible on the new site. For lots of the great new things that are different and better, check out the other thread in this forum that I'm going to pin in about 15 minutes here…

Oh, and welcome to the new TST! We have some cleaning up to do, but this house has some really great bones.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all congrats on the new site. It looks very nice and I like the new features as explained.

About bugs / feedback: a lot of pictures won't show on my screen, instead I just see a little square. For example on the top right where I should see 'notifications', 'messages' etc. only the lines of a square. I attached a picture so you can see what I mean. The same with images below somebody's post ('Quote', reputation, drag files etc.).

I'm on Google Chrome, Versie 45.0.2454.101

pics.PNG

Edited by Silent
  • Upvote 1

~Jorrit

Congrats on the new site, it looks good :) Loving the drag and drop.

One thing I've noticed on mobile devices is the page doesn't resize well, it looks like it's caused by the banners (one near the top (shown) and one half way/ near the bottom(not shown)).

IMG_6278.thumb.PNG.c2b29adeddb4482b2f5a6

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

(edited)

First of all congrats on the new site. It looks very nice and I like the new features as explained.

About bugs / feedback: a lot of pictures won't show on my screen, instead I just see a little square. For example on the top right where I should see 'notifications', 'messages' etc. only the lines of a square. I attached a picture so you can see what I mean. The same with images below somebody's post ('Quote', reputation, drag files etc.).

I'm on Google Chrome, Versie 45.0.2454.101

pics.PNG

I got this on Chrome too. Also in FF. Not in Safari. I tried disabling all extensions and set privacy settings to allow everything in Chrome, still got the squares. Not a big deal functionally, hasn't prevented me from doing anything yet.

Edited by nevets88

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I got this on Chrome too. Also in FF. Not in Safari. I tried disabling all extensions and set privacy settings to allow everything in Chrome, still got the squares. Not a big deal functionally, hasn't prevented me from doing anything yet.

That is what I have too with chrome.

Steve,

Check out your PM inbox. I have all my PMs from the last site including deleted ones. My inbox is full.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Looking good. 

1. Echo the squares in Chrome. Ok in Safari.

2. When I search "Newport Cup" in the top right search bar, I get no results.  In the pilot, I believe search was identified already as an issue, but just wanted to confirm search results might still have issue.

3. When I select New Content and the "Only Items I Have Posted In" everything seems to hang. Eventually I can get back into the site, but it takes a minute or so to get to a point where I can function again. Hopefully clicking that is not causing issues for the entire site and the impact is limited to just my experience. But either way, I can duplicate it every time.

Edited by RandallT
duplicate words

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Folks,

You need to clean up your profile page and also check your private messages. Your inbox may be full. To delete a PM conversation, you need to select "Leave Conversation".

Scott

My Swing Thread

Same thing for Chrome for me.

And a quick congrats on the conversion over to the new site.  I work in IT so I know what it's like to have to convert something and hope it all turns out good on the other side.  :-)

2. When I search "Newport Cup" in the top right search bar, I get no results.  In the pilot, I believe search was identified already as an issue, but just wanted to confirm search results might still have issue.

Now when I search All Content for  "Newport Cup", I get this one post. Perhaps the searxh index is only working on posts since the site cutover.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Accessing with Chrome, there's some significant white space on the main page.  am I missing a column of content or are the existing columns not expanding?

st.png

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

That is what I have too with chrome.

Steve,

Check out your PM inbox. I have all my PMs from the last site including deleted ones. My inbox is full.

Thanks Scott. Mine is at 70%. I guess leaving it alone should be ok for now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Before I type anything else I do want to say that we know the site is running slowly right now. We're doing lots of things like re-indexing the site for the search engine, re-counting posts and reputation, etc. It's a fairly intensive task that takes a long time.

pics.PNG

Yes, this seems to be an issue with Chrome. It's actually a font called FontAwesome and it basically seems to be a caching issue. I can look at this eventually or @Linville might be able to take a look at it sooner.

Congrats on the new site, it looks good :) Loving the drag and drop.

One thing I've noticed on mobile devices is the page doesn't resize well, it looks like it's caused by the banners (one near the top (shown) and one half way/ near the bottom(not shown)).

I've turned them off for now. This will work eventually, though.

3. When I select New Content and the "Only Items I Have Posted In" everything seems to hang. Eventually I can get back into the site, but it takes a minute or so to get to a point where I can function again. Hopefully clicking that is not causing issues for the entire site and the impact is limited to just my experience. But either way, I can duplicate it every time.

Those are both due to the search index not being updated. That's running now. It may take a few days to complete. It'll constantly be getting better. New posts made will be indexed (almost) immediately.

And a quick congrats on the conversion over to the new site.  I work in IT so I know what it's like to have to convert something and hope it all turns out good on the other side.  :-)

You don't know the half of it… :-D 

Accessing with Chrome, there's some significant white space on the main page.  am I missing a column of content or are the existing columns not expanding?

Gallery images will appear there eventually. The entire home page is just a little fill-in for now. We'll make the home page look better eventually.

Thanks Scott. Mine is at 70%. I guess leaving it alone should be ok for now.

Do yourself the favor of deleting old conversations you do not need (unfortunately there's no way to do this in bulk).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

From what I have seen so far the new, improved site works quite well. I have no problems with anything.  I am using Chrome, and I also have a pretty weak ISP which is a cell hot spot with 1-2 bars of signal. I am not a high tech user so I am easy to please. LOL. I pop in and out during most days. If I see something  I want to reply to, I do. If it's a topic I have already replied to, or someone has posted what I would have posted, most times I  just move on. No sense repeating myself, or what others have already posted. Good site, and well maintained. :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Is there a way to delete multiple selected Messages? I'm doing Leave Messages individually, which probably isn't very efficient for clearing the inbox.

Steve

• Administrator

Is there a way to delete multiple selected Messages? I'm doing Leave Messages individually, which probably isn't very efficient for clearing the inbox.

Unfortunately, no.

Not a big fan of the way "PMs" work here, but… once you get past the busywork stage it has the potential to be much nicer.

I had a boring conference call, so I spent the time deleting messages! :-)

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Sorry for the tedium. We figured importing everyone's messages (even those YOU deleted but a recipient still has) was better than not bringing them over at all.

Oh dear Lord, that's doubly boring.  :-P

The squares are gone in Chrome Erik. 

Steve

Note: This thread is 2591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!