IGNORED

Poor Treatment of Muslim Passengers

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 3073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Has it been confirmed that this wasn't done by ISIS?

It was three white guys in tactical gear with assault rifles, as far as I know. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Not sure that we know the ethnicity or religion yet - not that either of those things matter much anyway.

5 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Not sure that we know the ethnicity or religion yet - not that either of those things matter much anyway.

The police said they were looking for three white suspects. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Sure it matters. We need this information to confirm our prejudices. 

7 minutes ago, Chris E said:

Sure it matters. We need this information to confirm our prejudices. 

Very nice and oh so accurate.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Not scolding anybody because I helped start this - but we are way OT now. :P

If they are muslim then we can justify tooling with them in airports because of 911 or something. So, be patient...we might just get back to the topic after all!

3 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

I would looooooove to see how they got those numbers. Would love to see their methodology. 

I would second this, and further it by saying that I would like to see the source for the claim below.

6 hours ago, Gunther said:

I've seen documented pctgs of those who agree with ISIS at around 15%, which is ~200M.  I happen to believe the number is closer to 35% but no data to support it, admittedly, so perhaps the 1.3B can educate the 200M.  Either way, there's a helluva lotta them who want to take over the world and kill us or convert us in the process.

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

I would second this, and further it by saying that I would like to see the source for the claim below.

I'll defer to our resident propagandist, @Mr. Desmond, who earlier in this very thread, I believe, eagerly passed on survey results that indicated "only" 15% of Muslims agree with ISIS.  Of course, he didn't realize what a big number that truly is extrapolated against 1.57B.  I'd assume he sourced it through his usual vehicle of disinformation, NYT, but I could be wrong on that.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

10 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I'll defer to our resident propagandist, @Mr. Desmond, who earlier in this very thread, I believe, eagerly passed on survey results that indicated "only" 15% of Muslims agree with ISIS.  Of course, he didn't realize what a big number that truly is extrapolated against 1.57B.  I'd assume he sourced it through his usual vehicle of disinformation, NYT, but I could be wrong on that.

So, you think @Mr. Desmond is a propagandist, (and as such, unreliable), and yet you used his statistic to bolster your argument? Strange. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

18 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

So, you think @Mr. Desmond is a propagandist, (and as such, unreliable), and yet you used his statistic to bolster your argument? Strange. 

Um, you might note that I embellished it from 15 to 35% so, yuh.  Nothing he writes, nor you, relative to the world is true.  He knows it, you don't, so I pardon you.  To wit, your stunning revelation that the cops were after 3 white guys in San Berdu earlier today.  You will learn.

Just now, Gunther said:

Um, you might note that I embellished it from 15 to 35% so, yuh.  Nothing he writes, nor you, relative to the world is true.  He knows it, you don't, so I pardon you.  To wit, your stunning revelation that the cops were after 3 white guys in San Berdu earlier today.  You will learn.

You used it as a way to bolster your argument. I was simply point that out. 

Also, Gunther, I hope you realize that the "three white guys" came directly from the mouths of the police. I didn't pull that out of thin air, but from a direct source with credibility, something that I know you are unfamiliar. 

But keep on pushing George Soros conspiracy theories and then thinking that you have any sort of credibility to call anyone out on anything. Keep on doing you, my man. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

5 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

You used it as a way to bolster your argument. I was simply point that out. 

Also, Gunther, I hope you realize that the "three white guys" came directly from the mouths of the police. I didn't pull that out of thin air, but from a direct source with credibility, something that I know you are unfamiliar. 

But keep on pushing George Soros conspiracy theories and then thinking that you have any sort of credibility to call anyone out on anything. Keep on doing you, my man. 

More likely, it came from a hopeful leftist media type because as we are learning, the cops knew very early who the perps were.  

I do not belittle you as I understand the genesis for your belief system and as such, I don't think ill of you as a person. As I said, you will learn, bit by bit, piece by piece.  I do wish you well kid.

14 minutes ago, Gunther said:

More likely, it came from a hopeful leftist media type because as we are learning, the cops knew very early who the perps were.  

I do not belittle you as I understand the genesis for your belief system and as such, I don't think ill of you as a person. As I said, you will learn, bit by bit, piece by piece.  I do wish you well kid.

Why would they be hopeful that it's a white person? That makes no sense. Do you really think liberals are out to get white people? Everyone was reacting to the initial reports. 

You can easily search twitter and find numerous early reports of the police saying "3 white males". 

EDIT: Here, I did it for you. Here's a local affiliate from Fox LA

https://twitter.com/myfoxla/status/672137074141732864

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

13 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

I think you jumped the gun here, how about 1 non-white guy and a woman.

7 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Why would they be hopeful that it's a white person? That makes no sense. Do you really think liberals are out to get white people? Everyone was reacting to the initial reports.

You can easily search twitter and find numerous early reports of the police saying "3 white males".

EDIT: Here, I did it for you. Here's a local affiliate from Fox LA

https://twitter.com/myfoxla/status/672137074141732864

Liberals are out to ban guns and they believe the more crimes that are committed or blamed on white people the better their chances are of getting legislation passed.

No one cares about the black on black crime or black on white crime that happens in inner cities, not even your liberal media bothers to expend the resources to cover those stories anymore. Instead the "hot stories" are police brutality and gun related murders committed by white people.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I think you jumped the gun here, how about 1 non-white guy and a woman.

It's unfair to criticize someone for something that was being reported at the time.

If that's what happened in all of this.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!