IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (December 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At my gf's parents and they have two bean-bags that my gf's two nieces use when they come over.  So, I did a few swings at regular speed into the bean bags focusing on laying the shaft down...that is until my gf told me to stop because the bean-bags are from when she was a kid. :-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit the range with a couple new drills. Getting more okay shots than terrible ones.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Mirror work at the gym. No golf today. It was in the mid 40s, which I will play in, but 25 to 35 mph winds at the moment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Did some more indoor practice because I didn't get motivated in the morning and it was wet and soggy outside which dissuaded me from using my net.

However, I did do some indoor swings working still one of my two primary pieces which is laying the shaft down at A4 so that by A5 the butt of my club is pointing ahead of my ball by a few inches rather than at or behind my ball. 

Christian

19 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hit the range with a couple new drills. Getting more okay shots than terrible ones.

Hit the range and a practice/fun round with my son and our friends. Reasonable results, got a double from a lateral hazard. The rest were bogey and par. Made two sand saves for  par and bogey.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes mirror work before my workout. Focused on centered hip turn and then flattening the shaft at A5.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My 5 minutes today was focused on my backswing and trying to get a flat or bowed wrist and laying the shaft down at A4.  I noticed when I continued my swing, slowly of course, that my face was closed when in relation to the path but open in relation to my target line so that's good.

It was wet outside again today and I'm still sick and felt very tired today so no net or filming my swing.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

Christian

On 12/22/2015 at 4:39 AM, Lihu said:

Hit the range and a practice/fun round with my son and our friends. Reasonable results, got a double from a lateral hazard. The rest were bogey and par. Made two sand saves for  par and bogey.

Practice round 9 holes. Shot 5 par, 3 bogey and one snowman with 6 shots from inside 20 yards on the 6th hole at Santa Anita (70.4/122). Missed two birdies by 8 and 16 inches. 4 greens and the rest near greens. I parred the hardest holes, almost getting 2 birdies on them. Made pin high in 2 on the short slightly uphill 479 yard par 5. The snowman consisted of pull sliced driver and 6i 408 yards pin high. 60 hits the green and rolls over because there was a tight lie over the bunker to the pin and the ball rolls past the pin down the steep downward slope on the putting green off the green into a gully on the other side. 60 up a bit with a duffed shot. Dug into the ground on the 45 degree incline uphill without making contact with the ball. Ball rolls down the hill again. A 60 wedge back onto the green. Missed an 8 footer, almost missed the 3 footer 8th shot. :pound:

Pretty much all around bad playing and exceptionally bad short game today. . .

My son played a round with a friend and shot 75. The little rat. . .:-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hi I'm new to TST, and like this thread to be accountable for my desire to improve. Today I started session 1 of 6 with my club pro. We used opitshot2 inside to calibrate my current swing.

Working on club face at Impact to start. Changed my grip to be more neutral as compared with Hogan's prescribed grip in 5 Lessons and moved ball position back to about a ball inside left heel. During calibration I was club face opened, closed and square. With these changes, by end of session I was tending to eliminate the open club face. 

Will practice these changes in days to come. Next session with pro is two weeks.

Under construction, signature and game.

Feeling like crap so didn't use my net today but did do a few practice swings trying to lay down the shaft at A4 in an effort to try and ingrain having my shaft at A5 pointed in front of the ball. 

Christian

Played a decent round. No snowmen! Practiced for about an hour and a half on the range. Balls are consistently shorter (20 yards on the drives) on the range with cold and wet balls versus the pro-v1 I use in the winter. Interesting that they went about the same up to about 150 yards.

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Practiced my fork turning drills. Blogged in between fork turning rounds.

Merry Christmas everyone.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

6 hours ago, Lihu said:

Practiced my fork turning drills. Blogged in between fork turning rounds.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hit a couple buckets at my neighborhood golf course. Focused on making decent divots in the grass, and hitting driver.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Since it's Christmas and I felt like I should spend time with folks instead of my golf clubs, so today I just spent time doing air swings and trying to get a good angle for my downswing. 

Christian

My wife told me to go play a round of golf so she could catch some sales. My daughter is spending time with her best friend, and my son is at Knott's with his cousins. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!