IGNORED

I don't want my posts combined or added to my last post...

LBlack14
Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

how do I keep it from happening??

I make separate posts and they just keep adding onto my last one as long as I'm the last post in the thread. I don't want that.

Me NO LIKE new site.

Just saying.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

10 minutes ago, LBlack14 said:

I make separate posts and they just keep adding onto my last one as long as I'm the last post in the thread. I don't want that.

Me NO LIKE new site.

Just saying.

It only happens if you post them within a certain window of time, which I believe is the period for editing your posts. After that it will make separate posts. That's what happened in my swing thread, for instance. The purpose of the merging is to essentially enforce the mandate that people multi-quote, which has been around for a while. This makes threads read more cleanly. If you want to reply to more than one post, do it in one post or the system merges them into one for you. It's automatic. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, LBlack14 said:

Me NO LIKE new site.

Just saying.

Why do you want a second post and for it not to be all combined? I seem to not understand why you want a second post.

Michael

If you don't want the automatic merging feature, wait for some time before posting another one, or wait for another poster to post before you post again.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator
9 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

If you don't want the automatic merging feature, wait for some time before posting another one, or wait for another poster to post before you post again.  

Right.

But yeah… @LBlack14why don't you like the posts to be auto-merged? It only happens when:

• You make two consecutive posts (or more) within a fairly narrow time frame (9 minutes).
  • Nobody else posts in between.

In other words, you make a post. Then you make another post. Then you make another post. You made three posts in a row - why add your signature and put your "info pane" (the area with your avatar) and all that beside each? It could take up nearly 3x the space, all for stuff the same person wrote.

It reduces post counts, I suppose, but… so?

P.S. Some people have edit windows longer than 9 minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, LBlack14 said:

Me NO LIKE new site.

It's actually a helpful feature so that we don't have multiple consecutive posts. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I try to reply to separate people separate is all. Don't like my separate replies to be all grouped together.

Not that it matters, but this is the only forum that I've encountered this.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Wouldn't using "multi quote" achieve what your describing?

20 minutes ago, LBlack14 said:

reply to separate people

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

35 minutes ago, LBlack14 said:

I try to reply to separate people separate is all. Don't like my separate replies to be all grouped together.

It's standard policy on the site to combine multiple responses into one post via multi-quote. Has been for a very long time. 

As for the automatic merging, before the switchover from Huddler to IPS, a number of users had asked why we didn't do automatic merging because it was standard on other forums. So it depends on where you go, I guess.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

26 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Wouldn't using "multi quote" achieve what your describing?

^^^^ this ^^^^

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I will say that when it happens in PMs, it is a bit disconcerting. I think of PMs like emails, and once it's sent, it's gone. Then I might send another and say, "oh by the way, in the 3rd paragraph of my last email I meant this: blah blah blah." 

But instead of being a standalone PM, that comment is now merged to the bottom of the previous PM, and the recipient is like "why didn't that dude just edit his text, instead of writing this dumb edit addendum?"

But not a big deal- I just edit the previous PM now.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
4 hours ago, LBlack14 said:

Plenty of forums do it. It's a standard feature in several forum software packages.

And yeah, back on Huddler, people asked for the feature.

You can still reply to different people. I'll do so now.

3 hours ago, dkolo said:

As for the automatic merging, before the switchover from Huddler to IPS, a number of users had asked why we didn't do automatic merging because it was standard on other forums. So it depends on where you go, I guess.

See? Separate replies. They're in the same post, but because I quoted people (selectively in this case), there's zero confusion about who I'm replying to.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!