IGNORED

PEZGolf Truth Squad

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's not entirely true. You could have a 72.0/113 course.

@Lihu, if you read the earlier posts, you'll see @PEZGolf thinks that the par is 38 because they change par on two par 4s to be par 5s because they cannot reach the par 4s with a "perfect" driver and a "perfect" 3W… despite them being, on average, under 400 yards…

Just read above.

Yeah, I suppose 72/113 is possible. I've never been on one before though.

I missed the parts where he arbitrarily upped the par rating on various holes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

Yeah, I suppose 72/113 is possible. I've never been on one before though.

I missed the parts where he arbitrarily upped the par rating on various holes.

It was not "arbitrary". We Seniors know that because of fall weather conditions, cool air, high winds , and soft ground conditions, we cannot reach the two long par 4's in 2!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
3 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

It was not "arbitrary". We Seniors know that because of fall weather conditions, cool air, high winds , and soft ground conditions, we cannot reach the two long par 4's in 2!

That does not matter. You seem to have no grasp of how handicapping works.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

C'mon dude, you've read all the posts here.  If you're not completely stupid you know that no one can alter par on a whim; hence, your hcap is invalid.  Based on your reported scores, you're a 10 but because you have no integrity nor credibility, your reported scores are not to be believed.  I figure you're actually a 15-20. You're just trolling us and I for one wish you would go away.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

7 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

Some of the senior players in our area use "Winter rules", but that's as far as they go. Winter rules allow you to move the ball to a favorable lie and move debris around the ball, but not to increase the par rating because you hit shorter in the winter.

I reason that on certain days in the fall or winter that you can hit normal distances because of warmer conditions, and on other days you struggle hitting 3 clubs up. This is all part of the game.

I can quote a greens man after watching me 3 putt a par 3 last week "It's all part of the game." as he smiled to me when I jokingly asked him to move the hole right under my ball.

During another round I hit a tree and ended up with a 165 yard drive followed by a near green with my 4i. I do know people who would take 3 off the tee and end up with a 4 where I was a 2. That is if they don't take a mulligan. I was rewarded with an honest 2 near the green pin high in 2 shots.

Risk, reward and punishment "It's all part of the game."

Playing in the winter and fall is mostly punishment with that one moment of brilliance every now and then that's just as satisfying as making a birdie.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Par is a guide, NOT A LAW cast in stone.  Weather can wreak havoc with any golfer's game. Three examples illustrate the point:

1. The Open Championship is known for its challenging weather: "If there is nae wind and nae rain, there is nae golf." When Tiger failed to BREAK 80 at Car-nastie a few years ago, because of the horrible conditions, he said that "par" was NOT 72. Rather, it was more like 77!

2. The Bing Crosby Invitational (I refuse to call it the AT&T) is famous for "Crosby weather".

3. What is important in golf is YOUR SCORE, whether it is match or medal play. OLD MAN PAR is an outsider to the important parameter, which is YOUNG MAN SCORE!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, PEZGolf said:

Par is a guide, NOT A LAW cast in stone.  Weather can wreak havoc with any golfer's game.

That's completely beside the point.

When Tiger shot a poor score in atrocious weather in 2002 at Muirfield, he did not get to declare that he shot -4 because conditions were tougher for him. You do not get to arbitrarily decide what par is in determining your handicap!

Look, here's where I sit with all of this:

• Once you cleaned up all of your "typographical" issues (now you seem to be very fond of the horizontal rule - please stop), we were fine with your manic level of posting so long as you stayed on topic.
  • Then you posted this "holier than thou" totally obnoxious thread, this very one in which we're still posting and in which you're only allowed to post for now, basing a writer's worth, or even a person's worth to you, on their handicap and skill level at playing golf.
  • THEN we come to learn that you haven't got the first clue how to calculate a handicap, that you cannot reach sub-400-yard holes with two perfect shots, and that you are probably closer to a 15 handicap than the 1.3 you parade around here as owning.

I changed your handicap to ">10?" for now and I consider that being generous.

Mitch, seriously… a course rating and slope are used to determine the handicap. Par doesn't even have anything to do with it. Though I now suspect you don't even follow several other Rules of Golf, either…

Here's almost what it boils down to: You are apparently not qualified, by your standards, to write for your own newsletter. If such even exists, beyond the limits of your skull, that is.

In short…

On January 6, 2016 at 9:45 AM, PEZGolf said:

In order to write an article in my magazine … you must have a handicap of 5 or less, have won 5 or more scratch tournaments (I.e. non-handicap),  and play a 18 hole round with me and come within 5 shots of my score. Please note the MAGIC NUMBER is always "5"! And my handicap index is 1.3!

No it isn't.

You're not allowed to write for your newsletter either.

And, until you demonstrate acceptance and growth here, you're not allowed to write outside of this thread on this site, either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, PEZGolf said:

When Tiger failed to BREAK 80 at Car-nastie a few years ago, because of the horrible conditions, he said that "par" was NOT 72. Rather, it was more like 77!

Tiger broke 80 is all of his rounds at Carnoustie in '99 (where he finished 7th) and in '07 (12th). 

Yes he shot 81 at Muirfield in '02 and said "par" was 77 (or something like that) but at the end of the day he still shot +10, they didn't adjust his score so that he only shot 4 over.

@PEZGolf you don't get to make up your own handicap based on the conditions of the course or how far you hit it.

pzv5j7l.jpg.8c23f7d908e194371ef1f08f5aa9

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

14 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Tiger broke 80 is all of his rounds at Carnoustie in '99 (where he finished 7th) and in '07 (12th). 

Yes he shot 81 at Muirfield in '02 and said "par" was 77 (or something like that) but at the end of the day he still shot +10, they didn't adjust his score so that he only shot 4 over.

@PEZGolf you don't get to make up your own handicap based on the conditions of the course or how far you hit it.

pzv5j7l.jpg.8c23f7d908e194371ef1f08f5aa9

I like this.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Here's almost what it boils down to: You are apparently not qualified, by your standards, to write for your own newsletter. If such even exists, beyond the limits of your skull, that is.

I think the most concerning thing about the golf newsletter writing thing is that he doesn't even know how to calculate a handicap. If he can't do that, something tells me any sort of tips or swing advice would be worse than the golf magazine norm.

46 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I think the most concerning thing about the golf newsletter writing thing is that he doesn't even know how to calculate a handicap. If he can't do that, something tells me any sort of tips or swing advice would be worse than the golf magazine norm.

Maybe there's a monthly column on Ben Hogan's grip advice

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

It doesn't matter how other people define the game of golf or there ability. It doesn't even matter if they lie about their handicap, average score or what type of competitions they've won. But it does make me question how much integrity there is within the game.

In my short time playing the game, I've seen a lot of rules broken and heard of a lot of exaggerations. I've had people tell me they average "a couple strokes above par" and then watched them play at my level while kicking their ball to a get better lie.

Lying and exaggerating about ones ability to play the game of golf doesn't make them a horrible person.

I can play golf outside the established rules to have more fun and make the rounds play faster. And I can share my HI or brag about my scores to others. But I can't do both without being either delusional or a liar.

Jon

I play on average 1.5 rounds of golf a week,  6 a month. I almost always play with randoms and don't have a regular 4ball.  

During the whole of 2015 I witnessed a sub-80 score exactly 5 times. That's out of roughly 72 x 3 = 216 rounds. 5 out of 216 rounds broke 80. 

Now that I look at that stat it's shocking, but it's true, I can remember all 5 of them :mellow:.

28 minutes ago, dkolo said:

Maybe there's a monthly column on Ben Hogan's grip advice

Also "Par, sliding scales and You!"

—Adam

1 hour ago, rolopolo said:

I play on average 1.5 rounds of golf a week,  6 a month. I almost always play with randoms and don't have a regular 4ball.  

During the whole of 2015 I witnessed a sub-80 score exactly 5 times. That's out of roughly 72 x 3 = 216 rounds. 5 out of 216 rounds broke 80. 

Now that I look at that stat it's shocking, but it's true, I can remember all 5 of them :mellow:.

Guessing you're playing the tips or a tour level course? Or not counting your own scores?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

19 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Guessing you're playing the tips or a tour level course? Or not counting your own scores?

Oops sorry, was referring to others' rounds only. I have been struggling to break 80 too recently, my golf have gone to sh*ts. (pardon, have updated the hc).

Nothing special about the courses - just normal old golf courses from the club tees.

BTW, here in SA it is really frowned upon to play anything other than the club tees. You might on the odd occasion get someone who plays from the tips, but you won't get people playing forward tees, unless they are seniors. Heck most clubs probably won't even allow it :-\

6 minutes ago, rolopolo said:

Oops sorry, was referring to others' rounds only. I have been struggling to break 80 too recently, my golf have gone to sh*ts. (pardon, have updated the hc).

Nothing special about the courses - just normal old golf courses from the club tees.

BTW, here in SA it is really frowned upon to play anything other than the club tees. You might on the odd occasion get someone who plays from the tips, but you won't get people playing forward tees, unless they are seniors. Heck most clubs probably won't even allow it :-\

Makes sense. One of our club's 2's is having similar issues, but not quite as bad.

It's a really difficult game. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Prior to my sabbatical from this Discussion Board, I will post the videos of my golf swings on YouTube TODAY! I got the "gallery" of photos on my Verizon cell phone fixed yesterday!

Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!