IGNORED

What's Your Swing Speed?

Zakko
Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My swing speed is about 104 +/- 1-2. That's probably about 80%, hard enough to get some distance off the tee and trying to keep it in the fairway.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• 1 year later...
Hadn't swung a club for 6months, was hungover, and sore after a hockey tourney. Went to golf town to buy a new driver, clocked at 115mph avg. At the mid of last year my driver was clocked at an average of 130mph. I am hoping that the X-Stiff I bought will make a difference. The sim showed a consistent draw. At the same time I was hitting a callaway ft-i stiff. Push, pull, slice, duck hook, everything.

OVERHEARD ON THE GOLF COURSE - "Go in the hole!.........................................FORE!!!"

Datrek Zone Bag
DRIVER: G2, Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue 65S
5 WOOD: SasQuatch Sumo 5900 IRONS: I5 3-PW52/56/60: 588 DSG GunmetalPUTTER: White-Hot 2-BallBALL: Pro V1xRANGEFINDER: SG4

Hadn't swung a club for 6months, was hungover, and sore after a hockey tourney. Went to golf town to buy a new driver, clocked at 115mph avg. At the mid of last year my driver was

come on. 130?

Tiger SS is 126. How far do you hit the ball 320 yards?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is about 112. i just had it mesured on the £50,000 trackman lauch monitor, i think the average for the Euro PGA is about 114 and the PGA is 116 somthing like that... Tiger swings it about 126, but well... thats tiger!!

Mine was checked with a radar unit last year and I was 98-102. I was happy to find that out as I was thinking more like 95.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I only seem to make it in to the shop to get it checked on off days, but last time it was typically low 90s, pushing up to mid-90s on occasion.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Went to a Bridgestone fitting the other day and measured 96mph with the driver. The rep said that was pretty much right on the national average for my age group, thirtyeleven.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My average SS was about 108 after about 30 swings on a monitor. My average drive is probably about 260, but that's up here in Albuquerque. At sea level it would probably be more like 240-245.

Mine is 117-120 mph, but i usually swing at 90-95%, its the way i always played. I have really good balance, always had even in other sports. Even my irons i usually hit 85-90%.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Those little swing speed gadgets are garbage, guy next to me had one at the range and asked me to swing on it. Gave me a reading of 131. That's crap because I am consistent on the Flightscope at 107-112.

Last time I checked mine was coming up between 115 and 120.

I need a new shaft ASAP. I went out and hit my no name 'Prism" driver yesterday with a stiff shaft and I was hitting it much straighter, and it has a 360cc head, not 460cc....maybe I'll re shaft this weekend

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Wasn't the highest setting on Iron Byron 125 at one time? Just a vague memory of something like that...

About 20 years ago, I clocked out between 107 and 112 at a golf store, but have no idea if it was accurate. Seems about right, though. Not likely I'm quite that fast any more, since I was a 1 back then and in decent shape. (I was also an inch taller!)

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

Got on a launch monitor at a golf shop today and was in the 105-110 range. I think I hit 115 once when I really got after it. I think I hit maybe 2 shots straight according to the monitor. Lots of downward attack angle and out to in swing path.

I just got on the launch monitor for the first time last night...I only hit two balls....the guy who was running it said my numbers told me that I have a pretty good driver/shaft for my swing...here are my numbers (with both balls finding the center of the fairway)

Swing Speed 104
Launch Angle 13.4 (it may have been 13.1, but I can' t remember precisely)
Spin Rate 4100
Ball Carry 248

These may seem pedestrian to the big hitters, but I was actually pretty pleased with these results -- especially the fact that my shaft/launch angle fit into the ideal range (which apparently is 13-15 degrees for me)

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Well, got back on it and was hitting 108-112. Spin was 2300-2800, can't remember spin rate, ball carry was sitting around 260ish.

New driver is GREAT

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!