IGNORED

What's Your Swing Speed?

Zakko
Note: This thread is 3632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I guess I'm a short knocker by most around here, last time on a monitor I had speeds from 92-103 (25 swings about counting all the bad ones) and I think I averaged out to either 98 or 99, I think spin was somewhere between 1800-2400, not real sure on that part. I think carry was somewhere about 230 and average total was about 260.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Sorry kid, I'm all out of troll food so no feeding from me I'm afraid. Have fun at school!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Probably Kelzzy

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

I went thru a self prescribed swing change a couple of years ago, took me about a season and half. i slowed everything down, stayed on plane and eventually trusted and believed in it. the reward was that my handicap fell big time. My swing speed is now 97-100I don't step on it anymore, i know have a fluid and even tempo, I been accused of falling asleep in my back swing. That said I hit dead straight in the fairway- sometimes never missing a single fairway Works well with my game and handicap. I used to have 105 -109 only hit it a couple of yards further than today, usually in the right rough and never confident where it was going to end up. spin was high so distance was lost. 1 out of every 4 was a very good drive. You guys with high swing speeds, great keep swinging, eventually some of you will see the light of its not so far or how fast, its where the ball ends up that counts.
  • Upvote 1

I went thru a self prescribed swing change a couple of years ago, took me about a season and half. i slowed everything down, stayed on plane and eventually trusted and believed in it. the reward was that my handicap fell big time. My swing speed is now 97-100I don't step on it anymore, i know have a fluid and even tempo, I been accused of falling asleep in my back swing. That said I hit dead straight in the fairway- sometimes never missing a single fairway Works well with my game and handicap.

I used to have 105 -109 only hit it a couple of yards further than today, usually in the right rough and never confident where it was going to end up. spin was high so distance was lost. 1 out of every 4 was a very good drive.

You guys with high swing speeds, great keep swinging, eventually some of you will see the light of its not so far or how fast, its where the ball ends up that counts.

Well said!!! Watch your spelling or Dragon "Lady tee boy" will call you a school boy! :smartass:

I went thru a self prescribed swing change a couple of years ago, took me about a season and half. i slowed everything down, stayed on plane and eventually trusted and believed in it. the reward was that my handicap fell big time. My swing speed is now 97-100I don't step on it anymore, i know have a fluid and even tempo, I been accused of falling asleep in my back swing. That said I hit dead straight in the fairway- sometimes never missing a single fairway Works well with my game and handicap.

I used to have 105 -109 only hit it a couple of yards further than today, usually in the right rough and never confident where it was going to end up. spin was high so distance was lost. 1 out of every 4 was a very good drive.

You guys with high swing speeds, great keep swinging, eventually some of you will see the light of its not so far or how fast, its where the ball ends up that counts.

This is true, I also noticed when I throttled back the control returned as long as I'm swinging through and not holding back a follow through.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Went to a Bridgestone fitting the other day and measured 96mph with the driver. The rep said that was pretty much right on the national average for my age group, thirtyeleven.

96?  Me, too.  I used Medicus and it is clocked at 96 today on average.  It should be closer to national average for my group, fortytwelve.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Currently I'm averaging ~110mph with a driver. I'm thinking getting my club on a better swing plane (mainly on my downswing) will improve it, but I'm not complaining about that speed. The PGA Tour average is ~112mph with a driver.

I think in the future I'm going to refrain from posting in these type of threads, after looking at a few videos and I'm not naming anyone specifically because some look possible I can tell there is some fairly gross over estimations on how fast they swing a club. I just find it silly when I get grouped with some guys who say they can do this and that and blah blah  and then a 48 year old knocks it 20 yards by them how quiet they are the rest of the day...enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

I think in the future I'm going to refrain from posting in these type of threads, after looking at a few videos and I'm not naming anyone specifically because some look possible I can tell there is some fairly gross over estimations on how fast they swing a club. I just find it silly when I get grouped with some guys who say they can do this and that and blah blah  and then a 48 year old knocks it 20 yards by them how quiet they are the rest of the day...enjoy.

This ^^^^^^.

I think I averaged about 108 when I was fitted for my driver... However, this was with my big over swing that I am fixing right now.. I not sure how fixing my swing will impact my speed.. In fact from what I was told most Lilly thelat big over swing was probably making me lose speed.. I probably won't be measured again for a long time, but then again I only care about score going forward..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• 3 months later...

Average 95, somewhat more on the driver, somewhat less on the wedges.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

• 4 weeks later...

8 years ago I got on a swing meter with my driver and averaged right around 129MPH.  I'm not going brag about that because I couldn't hit a straight drive on a runway. :no: I've slowed down into the 110's and am doing a little better.  So now it's forcing a slow down even farther to see what I can do to keep it straight.  So we'll see how the process goes and hopefully get it straighter. :dance:

8 years ago I got on a swing meter with my driver and averaged right around 129MPH.  I'm not going brag about that because I couldn't hit a straight drive on a runway.   I've slowed down into the 110's and am doing a little better.  So now it's forcing a slow down even farther to see what I can do to keep it straight.  So we'll see how the process goes and hopefully get it straighter.

You do realize that 129MPH is Bubba's swing speed. I'm sorry I'm calling BS on that one. I don't care if you couldn't control it or what. The ability to get the driver to swing that fast you have to have a crazy amount of lag and body movement to do that.

That swing meter must have been off by about 20mph.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

This ^^^^^^.

Yep ^^^^^^ Or when they swing as hard as they can with an iron, miss the green by 30 yards, and then brag about how far it went.

I'm always temped to tell them they might hit a green or two if they would calm down a little bit.

Note: This thread is 3632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!