IGNORED

St. Louis TST Outings (Archland) (2016)

WUTiger
Note: This thread is 2819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Club Rat and others,

Any chance we could get together for a couple of golf outings this year? Club Rat once hosted some people at WingHaven, and then invited me for a round last year.

If CR could arrange WingHaven on the west side, I could arrange Stonewolf on the east side.

Anyone interested?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Count me in

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

• 4 months later...

Planning for next year...

@rickd has come across an old Archland Golf posting and PMed me what was happening. Not much, this past year. The old Groups function has given way to the Member Outings thread.

After my February posting here, I got heavily involved in some family matters (processing an estate). Between that and a bad case of tennis elbow, it's been a slow year for golf for me.

Anyway, looking ahead to next year, I thought I would tag some names of St. Louis area TST members as a way to rebuild the Archland Golf group. I had a list of about 25 names at one time, but that got zapped when the Groups went away. Don't feel slighted if I left you off - just respond and you can get back into the group.

We might get a few foursomes together this fall, but our best best would be a meet-up at the St. Louis Golf Expo, usually in early February in St. Charles. Let's see who's out there.

@CoachB25(may be out until late spring); @Brian W, @Club Rat(our Yoda), @teamroper60 (Shirley and I met TR and wife Bernie at Expo one year), @bshack,  @oiler69, @Tim Williamson, @kenstl, @Missouri Swede (SW Mo), @MissouriHacker.

Others welcome. Check in and give us your location.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I can't believe I missed this thread.  I would love to get together this year and am always up for Stonewolf.  I'm retiring from the AF in November, so I doubt I will be here for next year.

Randal

Thanks for putting this all in one place @WUTiger!!

I know a few of us have been PMing about getting together so lets keep this thread going and maybe we can get a round a month or so in before the weather changes too much.  I do enjoy fall golf!!  This weekend is bad for me but maybe next weekend, anyone that can attend can put together a group.  I just recently found Emerald Greens up north and feel its a really fun course.  I live in South County so I am going to be driving no matter where we play haha.  Anyone free next weekend?

I am supposed to have hip surgery in December.  After that, count me in!

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

18 hours ago, Brian W said:

... I just recently found Emerald Greens up north and feel its a really fun course.  I live in South County so I am going to be driving no matter where we play haha.  Anyone free next weekend?

Played Emerald Greens in June, and it was very interesting public course. The punchbowl greens on a couple of the par 5 holes (downhill shot to green) give you lots of options for approach.

It will probably be after Labor Day before I can play. School starts Monday, and lots of admin stuff going on.

South County? I wouldn't mind playing Quail Creek - haven't tried it in about three years.

On 8/10/2016 at 11:22 AM, WUTiger said:

Planning for next year...

@rickd has come across an old Archland Golf posting and PMed me what was happening. Not much, this past year. The old Groups function has given way to the Member Outings thread.

After my February posting here, I got heavily involved in some family matters (processing an estate). Between that and a bad case of tennis elbow, it's been a slow year for golf for me.

Anyway, looking ahead to next year, I thought I would tag some names of St. Louis area TST members as a way to rebuild the Archland Golf group. I had a list of about 25 names at one time, but that got zapped when the Groups went away. Don't feel slighted if I left you off - just respond and you can get back into the group.

We might get a few foursomes together this fall, but our best best would be a meet-up at the St. Louis Golf Expo, usually in early February in St. Charles. Let's see who's out there.

@CoachB25(may be out until late spring); @Brian W, @Club Rat(our Yoda), @teamroper60 (Shirley and I met TR and wife Bernie at Expo one year), @bshack,  @oiler69, @Tim Williamson, @kenstl, @Missouri Swede (SW Mo), @MissouriHacker.

Others welcome. Check in and give us your location.

I hope I am posting correctly, as I am new to the forum, posting, replying, etc. I play weekly in the STL area, usually with my fiance', but she has been nursing a shoulder injury.  I played Gateway National this week and paired with a nice group who were very tolerant of my newness to golf.  I just began playing golf, ever, last August (2015).  If you are up for a challenge and have patience to no end, then let me know if you would like to get together.  I live in West County (Des Peres).

If you do end up having a get together next year I would probably be willing to head that way. I checked and it's only 6-7 hours away.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:04 PM, WUTiger said:

Played Emerald Greens in June, and it was very interesting public course. The punchbowl greens on a couple of the par 5 holes (downhill shot to green) give you lots of options for approach.

17 minutes ago, Rick_D said:

I hope I am posting correctly, as I am new to the forum, posting, replying, etc. I play weekly in the STL area, usually with my fiance', but she has been nursing a shoulder injury.  I played Gateway National this week and paired with a nice group who were very tolerant of my newness to golf.  I just began playing golf, ever, last August (2015).  If you are up for a challenge and have patience to no end, then let me know if you would like to get together.  I live in West County (Des Peres).

I've played Emerald Greens 3 times, but each was for the Boots on the Green event they have every year.  We always play from non-standard tees for that and I would love to play the course from more appropriate tees.

Gateway National is fun but can be pricey and hard to get a decent tee time on the weekend.  A bit of an unusual choice for a beginner--did it beat you up?

Randal

1 minute ago, onkey said:

I've played Emerald Greens 3 times, but each was for the Boots on the Green event they have every year.  We always play from non-standard tees for that and I would love to play the course from more appropriate tees.

Gateway National is fun but can be pricey and hard to get a decent tee time on the weekend.  A bit of an unusual choice for a beginner--did it beat you up?

As I mentioned earlier, I am learning and yes it beat me up.  As I type, I am sitting with a heating pad on my back.  I began by playing the blue tees with the two younger guys in our foursome.  I moved-up with the other senior golfer in our foursome after five holes. . . not sure what I was trying to prove and to whom?  

I was able to grab a rate of $24.95 and they have a senior rate of $29.99 which includes lunch.  I usually play during the week, since I am retired.  One thing I have attempted to do is play courses that are not busy during the week, since the added pressure does not help advance my game.

I have not played Emerald, but would like to in the future.  I have played about 18-20 different courses in the area this year.  I usually chase price when playing and like the courses with less player pressure, to an extent.

I am game to play in some stuff with you all next spring.  I am currently working fulltime and also completing my NP degree.  Life is crazy, but also just got released to play from a hip replacement.  But love to meet some of you all and get to play some new courses.  I live about 2 hours from St. Louis in Illinois down near Kentucky.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

4 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

If you do end up having a get together next year I would probably be willing to head that way. I checked and it's only 6-7 hours away.

Glad to have you! You might contact @saevel25 who lives in Dayton. You two might be in competition for the traveling trophy.

And, welcome to @grubby98 and @onkey! (Note: elephants must stay at home)

Thanks, WUTiger, the only St. Louis area course I have played is Annbriar in Waterloo, IL.  The pro at my course is friends with owner.  Looking forward to getting together soon.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

On 8/11/2016 at 1:04 PM, WUTiger said:

It will probably be after Labor Day before I can play. School starts Monday, and lots of admin stuff going on.

South County? I wouldn't mind playing Quail Creek - haven't tried it in about three years.

Quail Creek is a bit pricey for what it is these days.  It was great about the time you played there but I find it like 6/10 for the 48 dollar price tag.  I would be happy to go there one more time this year.  Let me know when you are free and we can put a weekend together and whoever else around here wants to come along would be more than welcome.  

I would like to do something like first Saturday or Sunday of the month, picking a course around the area and whoever can make it comes along

14 hours ago, Brian W said:

Quail Creek is a bit pricey for what it is these days.  It was great about the time you played there but I find it like 6/10 for the 48 dollar price tag. ...

Dynamic pricing may be at play. Today (Saturday AM) QC was $30 a person, but Sunday will be very pricey. If we do QC, maybe we could negotiate a price for a couple of foursomes.

First Saturday or Sunday sounds good. Saturdays might be a go, if we could dodge weekend scrambles. I have talked to various course managers, and August and September are peak months for many of them for scrambles. Post Labor-Day with football kicking in, non-scramble courses might have gaps in the lineup we could fill.

Sept. 10 might be best for first "go." It's between Labor Day, and the US Senior Amateur at Old Warson CC from Sept. 17 to 22.

I'll contact Stonewolf (my home course) and Quail Creek about availability and pricing. (Courses don't normally offer prices more than 10 days out).

Brian, does this sound good?

18 hours ago, WUTiger said:

I'll contact Stonewolf (my home course) and Quail Creek about availability and pricing. (Courses don't normally offer prices more than 10 days out).

Brian, does this sound good?  sounds good to me, thanks for heading this up.

The reply is kinda broken in that I cannot get any text below the quote nor can I delete quote.  Sorry about that

Edited by Brian W

Note: This thread is 2819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!