IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Yeah you have to be pretty savvy to click on a live feed.

In fairness, I think a number of people are annoyed that the live feed is US only, when it hadn't previously been advertised as such. Luckily, Sky Sports have the option to watch it on interactive over here, but I'd have been really frustrated if they didn't.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, skydog said:

Sneds just took double on 12 and DL3 in the group behind him just put it in the water.

I know it's easy for me to say sitting here on my a$$, but I gotta think guys overthink that hole with the wind. Ignore the wind, play the distance, and take one extra club with a knock down 80% swing.

That was more easily done with the old equipment, when it helped to take off backspin while hitting balata balls. Players don't want to hit their tee shots through the shallow green; that means hitting hard with the highest-lofted iron you can.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

What the hell happened to Rory...

I left to go play a par 3 course and he is at -4.  I come back and he is at -1....  

Rory is one frustrating player to watch.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

1 minute ago, pumaAttack said:

I left to go play a par 3 course and he is at -4.  I come back and he is at -1....  

I did exactly the same... If he can pull out birdies on the par 5s and the odd other birdie, he'll be fine though. Feel like he really needs something from 8 though.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

29 minutes ago, skydog said:

Can't say I'm sorry to see Danny Lee put it in the water at 12. I would not be happy if that guy plays buzz kill to a Speith/Day/Rory shootout this weekend.

What do you have against Danny Lee?

3 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

You're able to watch his round?  I haven't been watching all of the live stream but I haven't seen him on it today.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 minute ago, Chris E said:

So why isn't Spieth being shown as one of the featured group? Instead we get to watch bubba asswipe and a dude that putts like Ray Charles.

I imagine it's because he was in it yesterday. If you look at the groups they've had on the featured stream, pretty much all of the top ten have been in somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Chris E said:

So why isn't Spieth being shown as one of the featured group? Instead we get to watch bubba asswipe and a dude that putts like Ray Charles.

Because he was the featured group yesterday...  

Not everybody wants to watch Spieth all day.

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

You're able to watch his round?  I haven't been watching all of the live stream but I haven't seen him on it today.

No, just following along on the tracker app.  

Tony  

2 minutes ago, Chris E said:

That tracking thing is pretty cool. Jordan just birdied number 1. 

Still early, but cut line went from +4 to +3 a bit ago. Odd cuz it appears to be playing tougher than yesterday and the estimate then was +4. 

Edit: spieth birdie and 10 shot rule?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 minute ago, pumaAttack said:

No, just following along on the tracker app.  

Yup.

I'd have preferred watching Rory than Day today.

And I'd like to see Phil.

Christian

2 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

I would think the featured groups should be fluid. Most people would want to watch the leaders.

7 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yup.

I'd have preferred watching Rory than Day today.

And I'd like to see Phil.

Rory got seriously short changed in his Featured Group yesterday.  Basically didn't get picked up until Amen Corner, which is on air anyways, then the Broadcast showed his last two holes. There was nothing shown that on the featured group that you couldn't see elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Chris E said:

I would think the featured groups should be fluid. Most people would want to watch the leaders.

That's what the Broadcast is for.  This is a chance to see the entire 18 hole course and watch a select group play every shot.  I bet the Bubba and Day fans are glad they are showing their groups and not Spieth again.

Would LOVE to see Sergio finally come through and win a Major.

Edited by pumaAttack

Tony  

3 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Rory got seriously short changed in his Featured Group yesterday.  Basically didn't get picked up until Amen Corner, which is on air anyways, then the Broadcast showed his last two holes. There was nothing shown that on the featured group that you couldn't see elsewhere.

Yeah, not sure why they wouldn't give him some more play but it was what it was.  

I can't really complain about the featured groups they selected for today so far. 

Christian

2 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

That's what the Broadcast is for.  This is a chance to see the entire 18 hole course and watch a select group play every shot.  I bet the Bubba and Day fans are glad they are showing their groups and not Spieth again.

Yeah, it's like being a Cubs fan; rather watch pack fodder instead of what is going on at the top of the leaderboard. I get it. I like Spieth and can't stand BW, but I would rather watch BW etal and others close to him if he was leading the tournament. I'm weird like that.  

I really hope Jordan comes back to the field today.  Would love to see a crowded leaderboard at around -4 under.

Tony  

I quite like this featured groups format. Been a while since I got to see Ian Poulter throwing a characteristic strop. Not very respectful of his sponsor's product there on the 14th. There now seems to be a fair bit of whining going on.

Note: This thread is 2929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!