IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 3020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

23 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Sure she is, you just refuse to see it.  Ask the Secret Service and Military how she treated them when Bill was POTUS.  Look at how she conducted herself during the Benghazi hearings and during any media interview that doesn't kiss her ass.  She's a pretentious bitch who thinks that she's entitled to be POTUS because she has a vagina.  

Do you even know what a demagogue is?
There is a big difference between a bitch and a demagogue.
I am well aware of what kind of politician she is, I dont refuse to see. However this is no different than when some of us look at the loony-bigoted rhetoric DT spews and we call him out of it. Many also choose not to see "it".

What I dont understand is why people call her a bitch, but a male politician is "ruthless & shrewd".
Sure she had the whole email thing, but he predecessor did essentially the same thing and they get a pass because they are either men or a republicans.
Sure she bungled the Benghazi affair, but why has no one called for the incarceration of Rice or Powell for the embassy attacks under GWB???
Why because she lied about the death of 4 americans.
Once again how many did GWB send to die for WMD they knew were not there?

"Look at how she conducted herself during the Benghazi hearings and during any media interview that doesn't kiss her ass"
maybe she should behave like Trump, blame the media, blame everyone else and throw in some word salads and incoherent answers!

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/06/03/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-judge-jake-tapper-full-interview-lead.cnn  

Hillary may have a few faults, but I feel she will destroy America less quick than Trump will!

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

She's a pretentious bitch who thinks that she's entitled to be POTUS because she has a vagina.  

Let me ask you this. Would she look more presidential if she didn't come off like the ice queen? I would say she wouldn't have gotten past the front door. Women either get called a bitch, or some other derogatory term, when they play the game the same way the males do or they get called unfit to serve office because they look weak. 

She thinks she can be POTUS because she thinks she's qualified to do so. I'm not saying I supporting Hillary, though Trump is making it much easier for me to do so. 

If you want to call into question her character based on her history that is fine. Her being a woman has nothing to do with her running for president. That comment just shows us how misogynistic our political system is when women are not close to being equally represented in our government. 

When women run for office they are faced with much more hardship than men are because the classic chauvinistic stereotypes are live and well. 

20 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

That too, but she often plays the woman card.

What do you expect, the media play it against her just as much. If the GOP is going to play the women card, then might as well run the GOP's credibility with woman into the ground. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Do you even know what a demagogue is?
There is a big difference between a bitch and a demagogue.
I am well aware of what kind of politician she is, I dont refuse to see. However this is no different than when some of us look at the loony-bigoted rhetoric DT spews and we call him out of it. Many also choose not to see "it".

What I dont understand is why people call her a bitch, but a male politician is "ruthless & shrewd".
Sure she had the whole email thing, but he predecessor did essentially the same thing and they get a pass because they are either men or a republicans.
Sure she bungled the Benghazi affair, but why has no one called for the incarceration of Rice or Powell for the embassy attacks under GWB???
Why because she lied about the death of 4 americans.
Once again how many did GWB send to die for WMD they knew were not there?

"Look at how she conducted herself during the Benghazi hearings and during any media interview that doesn't kiss her ass"
maybe she should behave like Trump, blame the media, blame everyone else and throw in some word salads and incoherent answers!

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/06/03/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-judge-jake-tapper-full-interview-lead.cnn  

Hillary may have a few faults, but I feel she will destroy America less quick than Trump will!

A few faults?  Her defense for everything she's done is someone else did it too, that's not a defense.  It was documented that she used her unprotected e-mail server to send e-mails that contained names of classified operatives, she put peoples lives at risk, how about apologizing?  When she was asked questions about Benghazi, she responded "What does it matter?" As to say she's over it, the people are dead I want to move on.  

Her entire life she's acted entitled and nasty towards people that did nothing wrong to her.  She hated the secret service, hates our military and believes she is above all the investigations and wrongs she's done.  She believes she's as important as Trump thinks he's important.  They both drip in arrogance and feel they can say and do whatever they want.  

GWB was a disaster, if the democrats want to pursue him and his cabinet I'll cheer them on, but that's not a defense to excuse HRC of what she's done or to justify her right to proceed towards becoming POTUS.  

Joe Paradiso

8 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

A few faults?  Her defense for everything she's done is someone else did it too, that's not a defense.  It was documented that she used her unprotected e-mail server to send e-mails that contained names of classified operatives, she put peoples lives at risk, how about apologizing?  When she was asked questions about Benghazi, she responded "What does it matter?" As to say she's over it, the people are dead I want to move on.  

Her entire life she's acted entitled and nasty towards people that did nothing wrong to her.  She hated the secret service, hates our military and believes she is above all the investigations and wrongs she's done.  She believes she's as important as Trump thinks he's important.  They both drip in arrogance and feel they can say and do whatever they want.  

GWB was a disaster, if the democrats want to pursue him and his cabinet I'll cheer them on, but that's not a defense to excuse HRC of what she's done or to justify her right to proceed towards becoming POTUS.  

You clearly hold her to a standard that other politicians are not held.
GWB's office outed an operative and then refused to cooperate during the investigation, citing executive privilege.

Your second paragraph is pure opinion, with exception of the last sentence.
How do you know how she feels about the military & secret service?
IS it because the NY Post published an article which indicates she was rude and difficult to work with.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/secretservice.asp

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Let me ask you this. Would she look more presidential if she didn't come off like the ice queen? I would say she wouldn't have gotten past the front door. Women either get called a bitch, or some other derogatory term, when they play the game the same way the males do or they get called unfit to serve office because they look weak. 

She thinks she can be POTUS because she thinks she's qualified to do so. I'm not saying I supporting Hillary, though Trump is making it much easier for me to do so. 

If you want to call into question her character based on her history that is fine. Her being a woman has nothing to do with her running for president. That comment just shows us how misogynistic our political system is when women are not close to being equally represented in our government. 

When women run for office they are faced with much more hardship than men are because the classic chauvinistic stereotypes are live and well. 

What do you expect, the media play it against her just as much. If the GOP is going to play the women card, then might as well run the GOP's credibility with woman into the ground. 

I used bitch because of her demeanor, one could accuse Trump of acting like one too sometimes.  

Women act strong all the time and I have no issue with it.  I want my daughter to be strong and stand up for herself but that's not what Hillary does.  

When Hillary gets asked a question she doesn't like she gets that look of disgust on her face as in how dare you ask me that question.  She acts like she's above everyone during these interviews but then wants to act like her and Bill are just regular people like you and me.   It's more of an attitude than it is being female related. 

If there's a better term that isn't considered sexist I'll be happy to use it in its place.  

Joe Paradiso

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: once Republicans start calling Hillary a bitch in broad daylight, it's game over. That word is going to come around on you real quick.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

5 minutes ago, Elmer said:

You clearly hold her to a standard that other politicians are not held.
GWB's office outed an operative and then refused to cooperate during the investigation, citing executive privilege.

Your second paragraph is pure opinion, with exception of the last sentence.
How do you know how she feels about the military & secret service?
IS it because the NY Post published an article which indicates she was rude and difficult to work with.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/secretservice.asp

I've read reports on her since her and Bill were in office and now there are plenty excerpts from this book; Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate by Gary Byrne.  

2 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: once Republicans start calling Hillary a bitch in broad daylight, it's game over. That word is going to come around on you real quick.

I'm not sure why.  With any luck she'll be in jail before we have to worry about it.  

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'm not sure why.  With any luck she'll be in jail before we have to worry about it.  

First of all, we both know that any talk of her going to jail is complete bullshit.

Second of all, once a bunch of old white men using that word to attack the first female presidential candidate becomes part of the national narrative, women in this country, even a lot of women who vote Republican, are not going to not stand for it, they are reaping to reclaim that word as a symbol of power. You are going to see "Proud Bitch" signs and bumper stickers everywhere; Meredith Brooks will have a career resurgence when Clinton supporters take up her big hit as their unofficial anthem.

Unless you truly believe Donald Trump can win this election with only 30 percent of the women vote, I would be careful with that word.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

22 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

The same GOP that actually put Sarah Palin on the ticket their idiocy just keeps shining through.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

Donald Trump is not the typical GOP nominee. That is very important to remember. He is running his own campaign how he wants, not the party insiders. This drives them crazy but actually gives him a chance to win. 

- Mark

Preemptive strike against the response I know is coming: Yes, women call other women bitches all the time. Black people call each other the N-word, too. But just as a white person can't expect to call a black person the N-word to his face without being punched in the face, a man can't expect to call a woman a bitch to her face without losing much of his skin.

7 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Donald Trump is not the typical GOP nominee. That is very important to remember. He is running his own campaign how he wants, not the party insiders. This drives them crazy but actually gives him a chance to win. 

Works for me. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

15 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Is that why Trump is now taking GOP money and using their ground network? How much of what he campaigned on in the Primary is he willing to put aside? For someone who claims to be an outsider to the process surely is slowly being incorporated. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

3 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Preemptive strike against the response I know is coming: Yes, women call other women bitches all the time. Black people call each other the N-word, too. But just as a white person can't expect to call a black person the N-word to his face without being punched in the face, a man can't expect to call a woman a bitch to her face without losing much of his skin.

because her opposition would be using it demean her. So Hillary is mean and goal oriented and does not like to be bothered by foolish questions. Sounds like Bill Belichick!!!!

8 minutes ago, Braivo said:

So what happens when Trump listens to the GOP and softens his rhetoric with "Latinos"  just to get their vote? 
Is he going to continue to run "his" campaign and alienate voters or get in line with the party's wishes?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/05/politics/gop-fears-donald-trump-judge-attack/

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

27 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

First of all, we both know that any talk of her going to jail is complete bullshit.

Second of all, once a bunch of old white men using that word to attack the first female presidential candidate becomes part of the national narrative, women in this country, even a lot of women who vote Republican, are not going to not stand for it, they are reaping to reclaim that word as a symbol of power. You are going to see "Proud Bitch" signs and bumper stickers everywhere; Meredith Brooks will have a career resurgence when Clinton supporters take up her big hit as their unofficial anthem.

Unless you truly believe Donald Trump can win this election with only 30 percent of the women vote, I would be careful with that word.

A lot of women I know called her that long before I did.  If I can come up of a better word that fits I'll gladly use it since it seems to offend some of you Hillary supporters who find it okay to call Trump any name they want but call foul when the same is done to HRC.

I'd say it's 60/40 that she gets indicted and isn't allowed to run for POTUS, which would be enough of a victory for most of us.   While I'd gain great pleasure in seeing her go to jail, just knowing she won't ruin this country beyond what's already been done to it is good enough.  

Joe Paradiso

6 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'd say it's 60/40 that she gets indicted and isn't allowed to run for POTUS

It's 0. 0% she gets indicted. People have been trying to hang her for something and although I loathe her, she hasn't been indicted/charged/actually found by committees to have done wrong. Say what you will about Benghazi, republicans went hard after her for that and where did it get them? This unfortunately wont stick either.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'd say it's 60/40 that she gets indicted and isn't allowed to run for POTUS, which would be enough of a victory for most of us.   While I'd gain great pleasure in seeing her go to jail, just knowing she won't ruin this country beyond what's already been done to it is good enough.  

I would say its less than a 5% chance she gets indicted. Most scholars and lawyers not associated with the case thinks she will not be indicted. The primary issue is that the law they are trying to pin on her is "intent to disclose information to someone not authorized to receive it". 

Even though the emails were on a server they should not have been on. There is no evidence pointing to her actually sending, handing, or telling anyone classified information who were not authorized to see it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

A lot of women I know called her that long before I did.  If I can come up of a better word that fits I'll gladly use it since it seems to offend some of you Hillary supporters who find it okay to call Trump any name they want but call foul when the same is done to HRC.

That does seem to happen here. If you can call DT names, you should allow others to call HRC names too, no?

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I don't follow politics, but 60/40? Really? Wouldn't that be a bigger story?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!