Jump to content
IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016


iacas
 Share

Note: This thread is 1920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

    • Hillary Clinton (D)
      28
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
      16
    • Donald Trump (R)
      32
    • Ted Cruz (R)
      5


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

At least early on, I realize that most of the discussion here will be about Donald Trump.

That's fine, but at least now people can no longer hide behind "it's off topic to discuss the candidate I support." Ideally the conversation in this thread will be a bit more well-rounded, and not just 99% anti-Trump stuff. I don't follow politics at all, so I'll go back to staying out of things for the most part, but I'm pretty sure Clinton, Cruz, and Sanders have "negative" things about them, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First vote, yeah! And I'll probably get a lot of flack for it! :-D

@Braivo this topic is all yours. . .

Not sure if Trump will be allowed to win the R nomination or not. There are rumors regarding blocking him.

Speaking of which, when in the recent history of politics have the Democrats and Republicans come together so strongly against one person before? :blink:

:-D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't follow politics at all

Calling small BS on that one. :-D You'd have to live in rural Alaska (no offense to any rural Alaskans, although not sure what you're doing on a golf forum) to not follow this election.

BTW, I did vote Hillary, and I'm no Hillary fan.

Edited by chspeed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, Lihu said:

First vote, yeah! And I'll probably get a lot of flack for it! :-D

@Braivo this topic is all yours. . .

Not sure if Trump will be allowed to win the R nomination or not. There are rumors regarding blocking him.

Speaking of which, when in the recent history of politics have the Democrats and Republicans come together so strongly against one person before? :blink:

:-D

 

If they do block him then they are committing suicide for this and maybe many more election cycles.  If the old guard can't swallow their pride and the do end up nominating someone who who failed miserably in the pre-convention race, then they lose completely.  If they just swallow enough to admit that their constituency is tired of their shtick and decide to back Trump, even half-heartedly, then they still have a chance to upset the Washington apple cart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
15 minutes ago, chspeed said:

You'd have to live in rural Alaska (no offense to any rural Alaskans, although not sure what you're doing on a golf forum) to not follow this election.

That's not true. If my wife wasn't into politics, I wouldn't follow at all. It's not hard when you don't watch or read the news like ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Clinton all the way.

and Cruz is easily the more scary candidate... His policies are down right horrendous. 

More??  Or did you mean most?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, 14ledo81 said:

More??  Or did you mean most?

More than Trump.

A lot of people are freaking out over Trump but I think Cruz is the more scary candidate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Lihu said:

First vote, yeah! And I'll probably get a lot of flack for it! :-D

@Braivo this topic is all yours. . .

Not sure if Trump will be allowed to win the R nomination or not. There are rumors regarding blocking him.

Speaking of which, when in the recent history of politics have the Democrats and Republicans come together so strongly against one person before? :blink:

:-D

 

Ah, yes, vote cast. I see I am not alone in my support for Trump. My guess is a lot of closet Trump supporters out there, they just don't want to deal with the harassment that comes with openly supporting him. Trust me, my Trump bumper sticker has gotten me quite a few birds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Clinton all the way. Seems to have a pragmatic approach to things and an understanding of the Constitution, which is something that can't be said for some of the others. If you think she won't be tough on ISIL, I think she'll be our Iron Lady.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Clinton all the way. Seems to have a pragmatic approach to things and an understanding of the Constitution, which is something that can't be said for some of the others. If you think she won't be tough on ISIL, I think she'll be our Iron Lady.

With any luck she'll be behind iron bars.  IMO, she was a failure as a First Lady and failure as Secretary of State.  If she was a man and wasn't married to a former POTUS she would never even be considered as a viable candidate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

With any luck she'll be behind iron bars.  IMO, she was a failure as a First Lady and failure as Secretary of State.  If she was a man and wasn't married to a former POTUS she would never even be considered as a viable candidate.  

This is all categorically untrue, but okay. 

Sanders is my preferred candidate (and I voted for him in the poll), but if Clinton wins the nomination, she has my vote all the way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

With any luck she'll be behind iron bars.  IMO, she was a failure as a First Lady and failure as Secretary of State.  If she was a man and wasn't married to a former POTUS she would never even be considered as a viable candidate.  

All I can say after watching the news today and listening to Cruz, Trump, and Hillary is that Hillary was the most presidential of them all -- and that's sad that she outclasses the GOP in reasonableness, knowledge, and common sense.

At the same time, I know the Trumpites and Cruzites will say, "Whattt?" They just have a different view - that macho MMA thing -they enjoy going after each other's wives. I'm waiting for both couples to enter the ring soon. "In this corner!!!!"

Edited by Mr. Desmond
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, pumaAttack said:

More than Trump.

A lot of people are freaking out over Trump but I think Cruz is the more scary candidate.  

Agree. I think Trump's bark is a lot worst than his bite. Ted Cruz is hiding something disgusting behind that man-baby mask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, billchao said:

That's not true. If my wife wasn't into politics, I wouldn't follow at all. It's not hard when you don't watch or read the news like ever.

Or use social media, or surf the internet (including this forum) or engage in political conversation? I think it's hard not to follow politics as an adult in the 21st century.

I guess if you go out of your way to avoid it at all costs. Not to be judgemental, but in that case, your vote is useless, and your complaints about our country's policies should fall on deaf ears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

All I can say after watching the news today and listening to Cruz, Trump, and Hillary is that Hillary was the most presidential of them all -- and that's sad that she outclasses the GOP in reasonableness, knowledge, and common sense.

At the same time, I know the Trumpites and Cruzites will say, "Whattt?" They just have a different view - that macho MMA thing -they enjoy going after each other's wives. I'm waiting for both couples to enter the ring soon. "In this corner!!!!"

Hillary was handed the nomination, her only real competition was an admitted democratic socialist.  If Biden had run or any other real democrat she'd be lagging in the polls.  

Let's see how presidential she looks when Cruz or Trump is across from her, she's known to lose her cool on more than one occasion.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas locked this topic
Note: This thread is 1920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • We walked around a bit. Watched some tee shots on 10 and then walked up ten and showed the guys I was with 17.  Then we walked over to 13 where I like to watch the tee shots.  It is possibly my favorite hole on the course.  It is a bit of a walk but is a little less busy over there.  Grandstands on 18 would be great as well or #1 tee box grandstand but good luck.  Haha  
    • thanks!  Did you walk around most of the time or was there a spot you liked hanging out to watch particularly?
    • I'm really hoping for a Brooks/Bryson pairing.
    • Who do we think will be the 1st pairings going out tomorrow for both teams? We will find out tomorrow evening but curious what everyone thinks. Hoping for is cool also. 
    • I agree. But I also think too much is being made of European "team bonding" and US player individualism. It's not like the US guys don't care once they're on the course, and aren't trying to hit great shots or make putts. At most, maybe the Europeans just spend more time preparing because the RC is a bigger deal to them.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. goofi22
      goofi22
      (43 years old)
    2. HackardLaw
      HackardLaw
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...