IGNORED

The Not Tour Player Swing Videos Thread

nevets88

Not really sure where to put swings of good players who aren't tour pros, so will just start with this. Hopefully everything else - teachers, young, old, one-armed, etc... swings can go here.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

#makeufamous caddie view

A video posted by Dana Dahlquist (@danadahlquist) on

Good luck to my boy @tristangretzky this weekend enjoy yourself?

A video posted by George Gankas (@ggswingtips) on

• Administrator
On April 24, 2016 at 10:22 AM, nevets88 said:

This isn't a great player (yet), but holy plane change in one lesson Batman.

That's changing the picture… but sometimes that's not always a good thing. I hope that's just a short-term feel and exaggeration.

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • This was the line of thinking a lot of folks used to decide get their older kids the shot....so they didn't have to miss school, high school sports, etc. if exposed.  Not because of the risks from actually getting covid.  Generally speaking, not as big of a deal for younger kids to miss school and sports aren't as important at that age.
    • I think it is. It blows the doors off the Full Swing Kit, too. I think curve might be the amount of curve, like "21 yards" or something. The Mevo+ lasts a few hours now. But yeah, those will be handy for some.
    • Ah, okay. I was responding to you saying "RoC is related to clubhead speed." It's true in a time-based system. If a player goes from 90° to 90° from A6 to A8, that's 180° in that "distance," but if they swing at 92 MPH their "rate of closure" in a time-based system (i.e. RPM) is going to be slower, almost surely, than someone who goes 90° to 90° at 132 MPH. So, you can reduce RoC (distance) while swinging faster, increase RoC (distance) while swinging slower, etc. I'm just making the point that it's important to understand whether you're talking about it in time (RPM) or distance (whether that's within the foot before/after impact or from A6 to A8 or something like that). Few do, yeah. But instructionally, it's more about how some amateurs do it versus how the pros do it. Most amateur golfers will stall the pivot, and the clubhead will more "overtake" as part of a flip/roll. PGA Tour players don't stall the body, so I'm often trying to reduce a little closure to encourage the body to do a lot more work. I don't know if I'd say that. These aren't "measurements" by any stretch, but… I think you'd be surprised at how many PGA Tour players draw their drivers.
    • You’re doing the classic B1G argument Matt. Stop trying to say beating unranked teams by a lot is more credible than beating ranked teams even if by one score. You’re way to absorbed in numbers and disregarding what’s actually happening out there. You’re right about the AP poll. But nobody wants to play tough games week after week as opposed to unranked, unmatched opponents. I don’t care how much OhioSt bests Rutgers by, or NW or Maryland. They’re unmatched teams for OhioSt. Oregon beat OhioSt. OhioSt lost. Period. I don’t care what the numbers show. They lost. Oh! But OhioSt destroyed Rutgers, struggled against Tulsa, destroyed Maryland so let’s rank them above Oregon? Again, numbers against flops are meaningless. Let’s see how they do when they finally play a ranked team, the steadily fading PSU.
    • I've seen instruction on trying to match your spin angle at A6 and A8, so like 60˚ open to 60˚ closed. So 180˚ would be a lot by that standard. But I've seen very few pros who do that. They're usually in the 60-90˚ open range at A6 (even DJ with his pre-bowed wrist comes in around 60˚ in the videos I've seen). And almost always past 90˚ closed at A8. How far depends a lot on shot shape as I understand. For example, Morikawa gets to ~90˚ closed at A8. But Rory and Rahm get more to ~120˚ closed. In the videos I've viewed the correlation is lower but in general I've noticed a similar relationship to the A6 position. Cutters are closer to 60˚ and drawers are closer to 90˚. To me this is a good indication of why most tour pros have gone away from the draw with the driver. Rotating the face 200˚ (90˚ open to 120˚ closed) from A6 to A8 sure seems harder to make pro level consistent than rotating 150˚ (60˚ open to 90˚ closed).
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Double_AA
      Double_AA
      (28 years old)
    2. FCAPT
      FCAPT
      (67 years old)
    3. ScrilltheDeal
      ScrilltheDeal
      (33 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...