IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (April 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Filmed a new drill from my Evolvr lesson in the back yard hitting into a net.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

Doing more weight shift chair drills.

Went to the driving range with my son and both of us got soaked. Also, I will never make fun of someone claiming that their grips slip when it's raining and their gloves are soaked.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went to Saturday coffee with the senior golf group, and got a swing tip from the pro.

To told him I'm getting better position at the top, but I'm still inconsistent on the downswing, especially with weight shift. I asked him if I should start the downswing with a hip rotation, or bump the hips forward to initiate the downswing.

He asked if I was tending to miss left, and I said yes. (He worked with me last summer). He suggested I bring the body core more into play, basically pulling the hips through with a rotation of the lower left rib area. He said overemphasis on the hips can cause a person to be too spinny on followthrough, and leads
to pulls or O-T-T.

I tried this on some wedge shots later today day, and I immediately felt better balance. I seemed to flow better through the ball. I'll have to try it next with medium irons and woods.

More later.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Doing more back swing transition drills but being very careful with my body positions. I am still tired from the trip and the workouts I did in the fitness center at the hotel in HK.

Wow, jet lagged and tired from the 12 hour flight. Maybe going to the range yesterday in the rain was not such a good idea. My son enjoyed it though. He hit really well, just his 3i went low probably because of the rain. We were hitting from the protection of an oak tree on the range near my home. I was slightly unprotected when the wind pick up.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Between the rain storms and Master's coverage, I got in 15 minutes of sand wedge practice in the back yard. This is part of my inside-20-yards short-game shift to hit pitch shots with SW and chip shots with 8i.

I had mowed the green area yesterday and had the flagstick in the ground. With SW, I'm getting nice high shots with a medium steep swing. Line is good, but I need a bit more work on distance control. I'm getting better feel on distance.

Both 54* and 56* work well in sand, with 54* probably working better out of fluffy greenside grass.

In 2014 I tried to use Dave Pelz 4 x 4 wedge matrix - even close in. Last year, it proved to be too much of a hassle. I'll keep four wedges, but I'll use the GW and LW mainly for half swing or more.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Range session yesterday. I was frickin' freezing! Focused on me new drill with 7 iron and Driver.

dr evil cold.jpg

Scott

My Swing Thread

Driving range yesterday afternoon worked out pretty well despite being a little tired and sore.

18 hours ago, Lihu said:

Doing more back swing transition drills but being very careful with my body positions. I am still tired from the trip and the workouts I did in the fitness center at the hotel in HK.

Wow, jet lagged and tired from the 12 hour flight. Maybe going to the range yesterday in the rain was not such a good idea. My son enjoyed it though. He hit really well, just his 3i went low probably because of the rain. We were hitting from the protection of an oak tree on the range near my home. I was slightly unprotected when the wind pick up.

I was spraying my drives all over the place then lowered the tee 1/4" and got really consistent flights and ball placement. Unfortunately really low flights, but consistently carried out to 235-245 with range balls. It looked like I was hitting the center of the face. Irons seemed okay, as I'm hitting the MP-52 with S300 with nice high flights pretty consistently to fixed distances for each club. I'm kind of wondering if the height indicates that I'm casting or not because I'm using a low launch shaft? Going to take some FO video when the range is not so full. My on course video taken by my son our last round together does not indicate casting, but my waist indicates that I need to lose about 25 pounds. They're really embarrassing videos. :-P

Doing more mirror work with back swing transition and moving in slow motion to impact while maintaining the correct "pressure" feels.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Some mirror work before my workout. I will be going to the range later too working on my new drill.

Scott

My Swing Thread

20 minutes of putting before work. Alternating between weight and line drills.

10 minutes of mapping with a short, weighted club. Working on clubhead position at A2 and A6.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Full yoga for golfers routine, medicine ball routine, split squats and backswing drill with weighted club using mirrors in the gym. Then back home hitting balls into net in barn using steady head and weight forward drills.

Getting ready for my first MSGA Tournament on 4/26/2016. Weather will get more April like towards end of week and I'm hoping to get some practice rounds in.

Under construction, signature and game.

Hit the practice green twice, once before work and again after lunch.  15 minutes practicing short pitch shots out of rough.  Another 15 minutes practicing short pitch shots out of fairway.  With both 52 and 56 wedges.  

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

Driving range yesterday afternoon worked out pretty well despite being a little tired and sore.

I was spraying my drives all over the place then lowered the tee 1/4" and got really consistent flights and ball placement. Unfortunately really low flights, but consistently carried out to 235-245 with range balls. It looked like I was hitting the center of the face. Irons seemed okay, as I'm hitting the MP-52 with S300 with nice high flights pretty consistently to fixed distances for each club. I'm kind of wondering if the height indicates that I'm casting or not because I'm using a low launch shaft? Going to take some FO video when the range is not so full. My on course video taken by my son our last round together does not indicate casting, but my waist indicates that I need to lose about 25 pounds. They're really embarrassing videos. :-P

Doing more mirror work with back swing transition and moving in slow motion to impact while maintaining the correct "pressure" feels.

Practiced at the driving range for an hour before my round. Something I never do, practice before a round. I pretty much shot the best score of my life for 10 holes. Unfortunate that it was 2 holes on one course where we had a 25 minute hole time with 3 partners, then on the other course 4 holes by myself and another 4 with someone who can't speak any of my languages. This was phenomenal, but my GG handicap went up anyway, which is good. :whistle:

Okay so the lesson learned is to practice properly before playing a round. This includes slow steady swings until I get the right movements and gradually build up speed making sure my timing is optimal. I even got a 1 foot sand save on the last hole I played. I still hit a few bad shots, but for some reason the golfing gods were happy with me and my self deprecating attitude. I will remain humble, I will remain humble. . .Unfortunately, I told one of the ambassadors, so I'm sure I'll be brutally punished for the next several rounds. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit up the range after work today. Im still working on my backswing and things are going pretty good. My backswing is significantly shorter than before and my contact has been 100% better and way more consistent. Practiced some putting also and doing the coin drill.

It rained most of the day, so I went to the gym for 1.5 hours of abdominal exercises and cardio on the elliptical.

Workout included all eight golf-specific stations of the TRUESTRETCH flexibility frame.

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!