Please Use Title Case on New Topics
Sign in to follow this  
iacas

"The Anatomy of Greatness" by Brandel Chamblee

Note: This thread is 1575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 posts / 4534 viewsLast Reply

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

I assume it's an autobiography. 

I don't think so. It is an instructional book. I think he thinks it is his version of 5 Lessons. 

I know he was friendly for a while with Jeffy (Jeff Martin) and that crew and that was some of the input for the book. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Ouch?

Read the sample pages from Amazon. Never heard of Alex Morrison, according to Chamblee, one of golf's greatest instructors. Guess I will do due diligence on the guy.

15 hours ago, mchepp said:

I don't think so. It is an instructional book. I think he thinks it is his version of 5 Lessons. 

I know he was friendly for a while with Jeffy (Jeff Martin) and that crew and that was some of the input for the book. 

I don't think anything they had to say was really a part of the book. It's pretty shallow. Halfway through he's still talking about the setup. There isn't much text - a lot of images. And the book is only 144 pages or so, and that counts EVERY side of EVERY page in the book, including the blanks, title pages, copyright pages, etc.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think anything they had to say was really a part of the book. It's pretty shallow. Halfway through he's still talking about the setup. There isn't much text - a lot of images. And the book is only 144 pages or so, and that counts EVERY side of EVERY page in the book, including the blanks, title pages, copyright pages, etc.

Yeah, I listened to him talk about it on the promotion videos he made on golf.com and he is basically rambling. He is talking about some book that has nothing to do with golf. I would be surprised if anything he says is valuable. 

Note: This thread is 1575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • So I've thought about this some more, and the more I think about it the less I like it. Say they do walk off, go to the next tee and their first ball goes OB (they hits cause no one is in range in front). You get to the tee and see them hit what should be his third but to you it looks like their first. This could only happen if there is sufficient distance/woods to muffle sound between the green and the tee, but on top of them not seeing your final putts, you may not see/hear their tee shot.
    • This is probably going to sound weird and will eventually backfire on me but I attribute a good deal of my improvement over the last few months to strengthening my grip...but I concentrate on the position of just my left hand. I let the right hand mesh with the left naturally.  With the left hand I concentrate on the position of the thumb seam of my glove and where it lies on the grip, just a bit to the left of the right edge of the handle. I really have not looked at or counted how many knuckles I see. Somehow this has enabled me to eliminate any miss to the right and I'm hitting the ball consistently with a nice little draw. This won't last forever of course. At some point something will go awry, but right now I'm having a helluva good time.  
    • Like @GolfLug said, prolly not. I saw him hit one 156 ball speed a few holes later. It's the game he's able to play. 
    • Are we sure the AJGA thinks this action should change as they get older? It'd be odd for them to preach something like this and expect it to change later on. At the time, I wasn't sure that my way was the "right" way. I really hadn't seen this action widely done before. But obviously he has a different experience. He did get all my scores right, except he forgot one of my birdies. So maybe the "new" way is start walking but peak at the player you scoring for to attest? I don't necessarily like this way because it hurts the social aspect of the game, I think.  The green is where a lot of smack talk or polite talk happens.  I remember reading that camaraderie is a very important aspect of the game for people.  Even in tournaments, I enjoy being social with people.  If we are pushing pace so much by having people walk away early, does it hurt the social game?  (edit - this is the main thing for me, it was hard to talk with  the kid because he always walked ahead)There are other times to talk, true, but it's more of the mentality that we have to constantly push.  Be smart and play readily. I don't think there's any reason to leave the group to tee off.  The other question could be is this action only used in tournaments or recreational or both?
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Internal-911
      Internal-911
      (31 years old)
    2. mwdutoit
      mwdutoit
      (63 years old)
    3. Phil McGleno
      Phil McGleno
      (66 years old)
    4. Three Putts or No Putt
      Three Putts or No Putt
      (41 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...