IGNORED

Carry Pull Cart or Ride?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 3258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry my own bag unless the course requires that you ride. It's great because I feel as I'm getting in a little bit of a workout and I can get rid of all thoughts, both good and bad, before my next shot.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Walking is the only way.
What's in the bag (and what kind of Bag...)
Aerolite Walking Bag (no riding!)
HiBore XL 9.5°
Orilmar Tri-Metal 19°
G2 4-PW CG10 52° 588 56°Knight 64° Ansr G2I

It's great because I feel as I'm getting in a little bit of a workout and I can get rid of all thoughts, both good and bad, before my next shot.

Well said!

What's in the bag (and what kind of Bag...)
Aerolite Walking Bag (no riding!)
HiBore XL 9.5°
Orilmar Tri-Metal 19°
G2 4-PW CG10 52° 588 56°Knight 64° Ansr G2I

I ride. My family owns a cart and I like to play more holes in the time I'm on the course.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

I have a cart bag so I'd rather push/pull. If I had a stand bag, I'd probably carry.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

My old man has a cart so most of the time i ride. However, if someone older than me comes out and it's a good friend or what have you, i am quite happy to walk. It gives you a whole different feeling walking to riding. Fatique sets in sometimes on my home course however, you get a lot more time to think about what your doing. Plus, it's a bastard when you have two in the cart and the other person sprays it. Can spend 15 minutes looking for their ball and meanwhile, you forget where you put yours and lose concentration.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

I prefer to carry, and usually do when I play alone. I have no issue with pull carts but I hate driving carts for anything but people who need them for a physical handicap. When I play with a big group we usually end up renting carts because I'm the only one who wants to walk. I'm not a good player yet but I play quickly so it drives me crazy to be chained to a cart with a slow player.

The problem over here is that they build courses with carts in mind.... hundreds of yards between holes and stuff. some courses even require that you rent a cart, even though it drastically slows down the pace of play. Americans hate to walk, just look how our cities are laid out. It would probably also help our obesity problem.

Yes, I am American, but I spend several years growing up in Europe and Asia. My blood is 75% Scottish / 25% German and sometimes I think I'd fit in better over there.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

• 4 years later...

would it take long to find ball?

In bag(15 years old on budget):

Driver- Taylor Made Burner 09

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

3 Hybrid- Walter Hagen AWX

4,5 Hybrid- Nicklaus Polarity

6-SW- Nicklaus Polarity Irons

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

I generally throw my clubs and kick my bag around the course.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on the course and whose with me.

I ride if:

If everyone in the group is using a cart

Its a twilight rate thats a unlimited golf after a certain time.

My wife is coming along, back problems prevent her to golf but she like to drive and make fun of me when I hit trees.

I use a pull cart when:

Im flying solo

With a group thats walking.

I have carried once and didnt like it.

In the Bag:

X Driver, 3w & 5w

Ironwood 4 hybrids

Putter: BigT special

Give the choice I prefer the pull cart.  I dont carry my clubs anymore because its not good for my back to do so and one of the reasons why I play golf is for exercise, so I wont take a cart unless Im required to do so.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I ride on every round I play. I have a heavy staff bag. Plus I'm too old to walk. That's for the young folks.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Well I do all three.

1. Carry - I just changed out my bag from a cart bag to a stand bag. So I am planning on walking for the most part this year. Unless I'm at a course that requires a cart.

2. Push Cart - If I am tired, or planning on taking some extra clubs. I also have kept my old cart bag so if I have a friend without clubs coming he can use that bag and the cart.

3. Riding Cart - Of course if I am playing with some friends of mine who all want to ride and I'm the only one thats gonna carry then sometimes I might just ride along. A large part of golf of course for me is the social aspect. And then there are those courses that require carts of course.

Mitch

I usually carry but my home course is a tough one to walk as it is and last year I purchased a larger bag as I am carrying more with me so I plan to get a push cart this year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

75% of the time I carry, 10% rent a pull cart, 15% ride (usually at a new course I have never been at before or one that does not allow walking).

I don't know if carrying is really worth it though because my arms are usually a little sore by the end of the round.  I might look into buying a pull cart soon.

I carry 100% of the time when given the choice.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 3258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!