IGNORED

Hello from the Ohio Valley

Shooting29
Note: This thread is 2891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been lurking around awhile and figured I'd sign up. I have been playing for most of my life . I'm  35 now. I never had lessons other than my dad putting my hands on the club. In 2008 life happened and I moved for work. I was in a public golf desert and couldn't afford to join the country club nearby. I pretty much gave it up for the last 3 years. my hcp went from 0.4 to 1.4 to 3.4 and now I'm trending to 6.3 which is really hard to take. I got  new job last year and was able to move back near my home course. hopefully in the next few months I'll start trending back down. As for my game,  I avg right at 265 carry off the tee. My natural ball flight is right to left but can cut it when I need to. Short game was my bread and butter but now is where I am losing strokes. I used to play all week without a 3 putt and now I can't go 9 holes. Most all those can be attributed to speed control. iron game is getting better but GIR still  lots of improving but my misses aren't terrible. I am now getting through a round penalty free.  It's a struggle  to go play as  shadow of your former self and wonder if your best golf is behind you. Then you hole a wedge from 115 and it was just as beautiful as you had drawn it in your mind and you think it's still in there. I just have to dig it out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Welcome to TST.

Lots of golfers from around where you are. Paging… @georgep, @saevel25, and others. Those two will know what you mean by "Mid Ohio Valley" too. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/24/2016 at 11:04 PM, iacas said:

Welcome to TST.

Lots of golfers from around where you are. Paging… @georgep, @saevel25, and others. Those two will know what you mean by "Mid Ohio Valley" too. :-)

Doesn't Mid Ohio Valley mean Northern W. Va? Close enough to meet somewhere in between I suppose. Perhaps a TST outing in mid Ohio. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Doesn't Mid Ohio Valley mean Northern W. Va? Close enough to meet somewhere in between I suppose. Perhaps a TST outing in mid Ohio. 

Oh, I don't know. Maybe?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Welcome! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Thanks everyone. I guess Mid Ohio Valley means different things to different people. I'm in WV but in my experience people seem to only think of the southern coal fields and I'm far from that area. I'm about halfway between Parkersburg WV and Huntington WV on the Ohio River. Wheeling is a few hours drive. 

7 minutes ago, Shooting29 said:

Thanks everyone. I guess Mid Ohio Valley means different things to different people. I'm in WV but in my experience people seem to only think of the southern coal fields and I'm far from that area. I'm about halfway between Parkersburg WV and Huntington WV on the Ohio River. Wheeling is a few hours drive. 

Yeah. That's about what I figured. We go through that area every year on the way to and from Outer Banks. Very pretty country compared to the wall-to-wall cornfields here in western Ohio.

Note: This thread is 2891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!