IGNORED

Difference in These Putters Besides Price?

Note: This thread is 2883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

I can play this game!

What's the difference, guys?

lead2-2016-honda-civic-coupe-fd.jpg

protonic-blue-bmw-i8-poses-for-breathtak

Cuz I don't know! Enlighten me, please!

I can't see any differences I don't know why people would pay more money for the bottom car...

To @9wood if you truly can't see the difference, then the explanations given should have answered your question.

The Scotty is a 009 tour edition which in itself is very hard to come by. From what I hear there's 1 for every 600 normal Scotty Cameron putters. Which isn't that many if you really think about it.

The Scotty is milled and all I can find about the putter you own is that it's cast. 

Those two differences alone make the Scotty more valuable to me, however the Scotty would remain on the shelf in a glass case, probably guarded with cameras and a body heat sensor, etc...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think it's an honest question.

There are very clear differences, as well as those that require only a little bit of knowledge.

I didn't insult you. Certainly no more than this thread insults the intelligence of those who have read it… You don't think this thread feels a bit troll-y, at this point?

Cool. Your putter works for you. I'm glad for you. Truly.

But… you might also be the only person on this forum who would play with that putter, and you have no idea whether another putter would work better for you.

So again, I ask you… to what end? Why are you asking?

Because people have given actual answers. Here's a few more:

• One is made from better materials.
  • One is from a brand name associated with great putters.
  • One is a collector's item.
  • One has paint on it, while the other has dirt and crud.
  • One is either brand new or close to it. The other is not.
  • One is beautiful to many. The other is ugly to many.
  • One would fetch more money from people. Even those who have never golfed in their life would pay more for one than the other.

None of those answers satisfied you.

Seriously.

I can play this game!

What's the difference, guys?

lead2-2016-honda-civic-coupe-fd.jpg

protonic-blue-bmw-i8-poses-for-breathtak

Cuz I don't know! Enlighten me, please!

Top one is $200 at a garage sale?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Top one is $200 at a garage sale?

I dunno. Does it come with a full tank of gas?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, freshmanUTA said:

I can't see any differences I don't know why people would pay more money for the bottom car...

It has the name BMW associated with it. :-P

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

To what end?

Congratulations. You have a putter that's so ugly I wouldn't even donate it to the First Tee, that virtually nobody would buy at a yard sale, that is likely made of lousy materials with little to no real quality control.

One putter most people would say is ugly. The other most people would say is beautiful.

That's the difference, and I don't get what kind of game you're playing at here.

:-D

Good thing too, because 5 year old kids have a much more discerning taste than some older golfers, apparently. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts!

Someone beat me to it, but there are obvious differences in the appearance of those two putters. The most obvious is that the alignment marks don't align! And the mark on the instep (if that's what it's called), looks like it was hacked in with a machete or maybe a cold chisel. Never mind that it looked like it laid in a barn for 10 years!

Hey, I'm a senior and retired, so I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, but I refuse to buy cheap crap just because it's cheap. I remember a radio show I heard years ago where the discussion was about value vs cost. A woman called in and said she didn't have a lot of money, so she couldn't afford to buy "cheap". The host asked her what she meant. She replied that buying cheap stuff that does not perform and wears out early is more expensive in the long run than buying top quality goods that do the job and will last!

Admittedly, they weren't talking golf equipment here, but the idea is the same.

On 5/30/2016 at 6:58 AM, 9wood said:

Look at both putters.

Now other than price, tell me what noticeable differences do you see

I like the white paint fill on the Scotty Cameron...

...just sayin'.

John

One is really kind of crappy.

One is well made and very well marketed.

I'd be more interested in what people feel the difference other than collector value between an original Bullseye and a SC knockoff

Or a Wilson 8802 or Spalding TPM and the relevant Scottys or TP Mills 

Really?  For starters, Speith's Cameron has a heavier headweight than a Knight putter.  It probably has a heavier shaft in it as well.  Also the SS grip on Speith's putter is about $40 vs the $2 grip on your Knight.  Finally the Cameron is constructed of a more expensive grade of stainless steel than the Knight and it has a milled face to ensure flatness and improve feel.  These are just the performance differences.  Then there are the aesthetics, the ability to find another one like it should the need arise (cheap off-brand putters are all one-of-a-kind and not in a good way) and finally, about $3300 worth of provenance.

Note: This thread is 2883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!