IGNORED

Orlando, Florida

Note:Β This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

I'm glad we didn't make plans to play this weekend. I'm out of order.Β :cry:

Oh no, so sorry to hear. My back has been giving me problems all week, today is best it's felt in a while. Hope your better soon.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Gator Hazard said:

Oh no, so sorry to hear. My back has been giving me problems all week, today is best it's felt in a while. Hope your better soon.Β 

Thanks. It's not my back, but it certainly is painful. It's a shame to waste this beautiful weather.Β :mellow:

- Shane

22 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

23 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

That's a shame. Β Yesterday was a SPECTACULAR day for golf!

Football today though. Β Go Packers!!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.Β 

Thanks. Doc gave me meds Friday that are kinda helping a little, but not totally.Β 

Β 

31 minutes ago, David in FL said:

That's a shame. Β Yesterday was a SPECTACULAR day for golf!

Football today though. Β Go Packers!!

I know. It was killing me.Β :cry:

- Shane

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Thanks. Doc gave me meds Friday that are kinda helping a little, but not totally.Β 

Β 

I know. It was killing me.Β :cry:

Great weather, but I played like a doofus. Β :doh:

Fortunately my partner (you've met Daron) played well and I rode him like a spotted pony. Β I bet he still has whip marks on his ass this morning... Β We (he) beatΒ the 2 guys we were playing with, and I made my only decent swing of the day, along with my only decent putt, to makeΒ birdie on our last hole, the 12th at Heathrow (island green). Β Somehow it held up for a skin in the big Saturday game, so my cruddy golf actually won about $75. Β 

Better to be lucky than good. Β :-)

In David's bag....

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind

12 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Great weather, but I played like a doofus. Β :doh:

Fortunately my partner (you've met Daron) played well and I rode him like a spotted pony. Β I bet he still has whip marks on his ass this morning... Β We (he) beatΒ the 2 guys we were playing with, and I made my only decent swing of the day, along with my only decent putt, to makeΒ birdie on our last hole, the 12th at Heathrow (island green). Β Somehow it held up for a skin in the big Saturday game, so my cruddy golf actually won about $75. Β 

Better to be lucky than good. Β :-)

Nice! Money earned on the course is sweeter for some reason.Β ;-)

- Shane

A little rain is good for the courses! Β :-D

In David's bag....

19 minutes ago, David in FL said:

A little rain is good for the courses! Β :-D

Most definitely. The wife wasn't very fond of the tornado sirens going off in Winter Park though.Β 

- Shane

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

Most definitely. The wife wasn't very fond of the tornado sirens going off in Winter Park though.Β 

Sounds like some areas in GA got hit hard. Β Death toll rising last hour or so.Β 

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Anybody play Stoneybrook West? Β I'm playing Shingle Creek on Saturday, February 11th with some friends from south Florida and we're going to spend the night and play a round the next morning and I'm looking at Stoneybrook.

I'd rather play closer to Shingle Creek but we want to keep the cost down. Any suggestions? We already have a foursome butΒ I'm sure we could work out two tee times if anybody wants to play :-).

my get up and go musta got up and went..

44 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

Anybody play Stoneybrook West? Β I'm playing Shingle Creek on Saturday, February 11th with some friends from south Florida and we're going to spend the night and play a round the next morning and I'm looking at Stoneybrook.

I'd rather play closer to Shingle Creek but we want to keep the cost down. Any suggestions? We already have a foursome butΒ I'm sure we could work out two tee times if anybody wants to play :-).

Falcon's Fire which is down the road was a pretty decent course and I think i paid $50 last year, but I have not played Stoneybrook, West or East. Β But if you can get a good deal on golfnow, OrangeΒ County National is the way to go. Β Both of those courses are great plays.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2 hours ago, jetsknicks1 said:

I haven't played Stoneybrook West in a year, so I can't comment on condition right now. Β It's a decent course for the money with a good mix of holes and generally in decent shape.Β  Standard FL golf community course with a lot of homes surrounding. Β It gets a lot of out of town play this time of year, so pace of play can be an issue.

Β 

In David's bag....

Thanks guys. I actually love Falcon's Fire but it's like $85 right now and we're really trying to keep the cost of the second round down lol.Β 

my get up and go musta got up and went..

45 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

Thanks guys. I actually love Falcon's Fire but it's like $85 right now and we're really trying to keep the cost of the second round down lol.Β 

Championsgate Country Club is really nice, I liked it better than the other two courses, which are also very nice, it's $50 after 1:30 pm. Β on teeoff.com

Β 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Eagle Creek is pretty close to there, or are you looking for something different since you've played it before?

Another different option (again, can't speak to current conditions) is Royal St Cloud in Kissimmee. Β Links style course, fairly priced, but again, this time of year as a popular snowbird course, pace of play can be a challenge...

In David's bag....

Note:Β This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!