IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge July 2016

Note: This thread is 2787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 minutes mirror work on my swing feel. It's too hot for the range today before my league round.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7/28/2016:

More putting practice. Mainly focusing on alignment and hitting my line. Nothing more than 6 footers.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Going over my grip (and how I grab the club going into address), as I can't take full swings T the moment.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

More mat and net practice.  I'm getting stagnated but I still don't feel like going for another lesson.  I'm at a place where I'm not confused, I know what I need to do . .progress is being made - it's just taking a long time.

I think I really just need to play a whole bunch and see where I'm at.  To that end, I signed up for a friendly Friday golf league starting next Friday. 

For today, though, I hit about 25 shots into the net so far.  Before today is over, I am pretty sure that number will be closer to 100.  Typical "home practice" day. 

7/29/16:

Chipping and putting this morning. Focusing on short sided chips just getting them within 15 feet.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 minutes mirror work. Focused on flattening during transition again.

Scott

My Swing Thread

7/29 - greenside chipping/pitching x 20 mins. Loving the results of practice. I get to play mid next week!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

7/29/2016:

More putting practice... short, straight putts. Also spent some time in the front yard practicing slow backswings and checking hip turn at the top.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My ribs felt well enough to rehearse the backswing today, so I took a few minutes to do just that. Two main points: don't get out of sync by rushing the takeaway, and feel like my hands are as far from my as possible at the top without picking my head up or swaying.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7/30 - short putts today! 30 putts Inside of 10ft with focus on pace of 9" past hole (if missed).

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

7/30/16:

4- 8- 12 drill (putting) until I was successful 10 times.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

7/30/2016:

Back to basics today. Slow-motion backswings, stopping to check position and reinforce feel. Then hit some shots with easy swings focusing on tempo and keeping my head still. I've been practicing my short game a lot more lately and my swing feeling isn't there like it was a few weeks ago. Playing a round tomorrow and just want to try and ensure I haven't regressed (too much) on keys 1 & 2.

Edited by roamin

Jake

Yesterday, I rehearsed my backswing with the aim of making it long while staying in control; today I rehearsed the backswing again, only trying to balance that length with staying on-plane all the way back.

7/31 - grip, stance, slow back swing, in-line impact, controlling low point, weight transfer. 15 mins. 

Challenge complete!

I have really benefitted from this challenge and encourage others who are considering it to take it.

-Jonny

Completed 5 min challenge for this month - see page 10 of July challenge thread (and the previous 9 pages as well)

-Jonny

7/31/16:

Worked on tempo of my transistion this morning. Slowing down a little bit making sure I actually finish my backswing is a big key for me. I've noticed if I stay in a better rhythm, I hit the ball more solidly.

As there are 31 days in July, I have completed the July 2016 practice challenge.

This makes three months in a row for me.

It has taken hard work and dedication to practice and write a little post about it for 92 consecutive days... I am looking forward to continuing the hard work in the coming months.

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

10 minutes easy swings while grilling dinner. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

7/31/2016:

10-15 minutes of slow backswings this morning, focusing on keys 1 and 2. Played a round this afternoon and actually sunk a few putts in the 10-15 foot range and had 4 one-putts. After all the putting practice, it was nice to finally notice a difference. 

July Challenge Complete!  :dance:

Jake

Note: This thread is 2787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!