IGNORED

Boulder Creek Golf Club - Streetsboro OH

Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my wife and I didn't make it to Lorain OH last week as she hurt her knee, so we rode up today.  While driving on 80 in Ohio, saw a nice looking course off the side of the road.  

Boulder Creek Golf Club - Looks very nice.  Looked it up online and it says the following, never seen that anywhere before.  Not all low handicap golfers are fast, but then they also have a 3 strike policy for pace of play, as well as a they tell you the course is hard and there is a good possibility of a 5 hour round on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Any Ohio TST'ers played here?

During Peak Season in 2016 defined as June - August - Friday/Saturday and Sunday, Players must be a 15 handicap or lower to tee off earlier than 8:30 AM. Please understand that these tee times are a privilege and will define the pace of play for the entire day. We thank you for your understanding.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rather than going by HCI, I wish courses would require a foursome to play under 4 hours if teeing off before 8 AM.  If they fall behind 2 hours for the front nine, have them pick up and go to a hole where they are suppose to be at that time.  This would force many people to adopt a better pace of play routine.

But alas, that would never happen.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

It's a nice looking course but I don't know that I'd play it unless I was in an outing there. $65 for a round isn't really something I'd pay just to play on my own and nobody I know around here would drive that far let alone pay that much.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Yes

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 8/20/2016 at 10:42 AM, Yukari said:

Rather than going by HCI, I wish courses would require a foursome to play under 4 hours if teeing off before 8 AM.  If they fall behind 2 hours for the front nine, have them pick up and go to a hole where they are suppose to be at that time.  This would force many people to adopt a better pace of play routine.

But alas, that would never happen.

Fully agree.  HCI does not correlate well to how slow/fast one plays.  Instead, the course should enforce pace.  It's not too hard.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yep, course is in Streetsboro, OH and can be seen from OH Turnpike.  Price is high, but it is one of the nicer tracks anywhere in NE Ohio.  Very much 'target-golf' track.

I did not see the disclaimer on the website.  The only time my golf mates and I will play there is when they drop the rates to around $50 later on a Saturday or Sunday.  No special rates to be had and the price increases as the week moves toward weekend.

My guess is they have a good number of regulars who snag up the early tee times regularly on Sat and Sun mornings.  The disclaimer comes off a bit 'elitist' to me.  There are a couple of other courses like Windmill Lakes in Ravenna and Seven HIlls in Hartville where it's difficult to even get an early weekend tee time due to 'regulars' who are afforded regular standing early tee times. We tend to shy away from the courses with such policies.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!