IGNORED

Kaepernick Sits for National Anthem

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Swooshgolf said:

Really ? LOL. I am not sure I can take this as a serious statement.

LOL.. Sone sarcasm, some not.  We have a whole generation or two of SJWs. 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Higgs said:

LOL.. Some sarcasm, some not.

It cant be both sarcastic and not sarcastic. Either you know why he knelt or you dont. If you don't then I suggest you google it. 

17 minutes ago, Higgs said:

We have a whole generation or two of SJWs. 

What does SJW mean? I honestly don't know and can't think of what that would mean.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, klineka said:

It cant be both sarcastic and not sarcastic. Either you know why he knelt or you dont. If you don't then I suggest you google it. 

What does SJW mean? I honestly don't know and can't think of what that would mean.

He knelt to protest his perceived injustice 😕    SJW, you have google?

1 minute ago, Higgs said:

He knelt to protest his perceived injustice 😕 

And what is wrong with him doing that?

5 minutes ago, Higgs said:

SJW, you have google?

For anyone else that may not know, it means social justice warrior.

27 minutes ago, Higgs said:

We have a whole generation or two of SJWs. 

As long as racism, sexism, etc exist, so too will SJWs. 

11 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

Perception is everything, and by kneeling during the national anthem it's a sign of disrespect, I'm just saying he could have and should have picked a more appropriate way of voicing his protest, instead of advancing his cause he just drew attention away from it and put it on whether anyone agrees on whether he should kneel or not.

Not when the national anthem is a symbol to certain people of a corrupt system. They should absolutely have the right to protest the national anthem. I don't find it disrespectful at all. 

Also, protest is meant to be uncomfortable. If not then it's not grabbing the attention that is needed. You can protest and still have great respect for the military.

10 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

Again he’s entitled to kneel if he wants, just like I can feel it’s inappropriate and disrespectful. Lots of people are ok with it, lots are not.  Instead of drawing negative attention to your cause, do something positive about it, at the end of the day what good did kneeling do for his cause?

It got people like us talking about it. Protest should draw attention, good or bad. It should make people feel uncomfortable. What you are asking him to do is be less effective in what he is trying to draw attention to.

Where people comfortable watching a group of people staring down the national guard back in the late 60's? How dare they disrespect those military by standing up to them.

42 minutes ago, Higgs said:

We have a whole generation or two of SJWs

Not really, social media is just making them have a very loud voice.

You can thank social justice warriors for the end of slavery, women's right to vote, African American right to vote, and other things. You may think the causes now are not as important, but I bet people in those time believed them to be a non-issue. Only time will tell how this will be viewed.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Not when the national anthem is a symbol to certain people of a corrupt system. They should absolutely have the right to protest the national anthem. I don't find it disrespectful at all. 

Also, protest is meant to be uncomfortable. If not then it's not grabbing the attention that is needed. You can protest and still have great respect for the military.

It got people like us talking about it. Protest should draw attention, good or bad. It should make people feel uncomfortable. What you are asking him to do is be less effective in what he is trying to draw attention to.

Where people comfortable watching a group of people staring down the national guard back in the late 60's? How dare they disrespect those military by standing up to them.

Not really, social media is just making them have a very loud voice.

You can thank social justice warriors for the end of slavery, women's right to vote, African American right to vote, and other things. You may think the causes now are not as important, but I bet people in those time believed them to be a non-issue. Only time will tell how this will be viewed.

The kneeling does not bother me at all.. The notion that systematic police brutality is rampant is only his perception and not proven by fact. The term SJW is subjective and would fit kaputniks ideaology.

7 minutes ago, Higgs said:

The notion that systematic police brutality is rampant is only his perception and not proven by fact. 

You are wrong.

• People who are African-American/Black are twice as likely to be killed by a police officer while being unarmed compared to a Caucasian/White individual. (The Guardian)
  • 84% of police officers have stated in a recent survey that they have directly witnessed a fellow officer using more force than was necessary. (US Department of Justice)
  • 69% of the victims of police brutality in the United States who are African-American/Black were suspected of a non-violent crime and were unarmed (Mapping Police Violence)
  • 39% of African-American/Black individuals who were killed by police during their arrest were not attacking when they were killed from 2012 data. (Vox)
  • African-American/Black people were 39% of the people killed in the 100 largest cities in the US, despite being only 21% of the population in these cities. (Mapping Police Violence)
  • 97% of the cases of police brutality that were tracked in 2015 did not result in any officer involved being charged with a crime. (Mapping Police Violence)
  • Where you live matters when it comes to police brutality. If you are an African-American/Black individual, then you are 7 times more likely to be killed by a police officer in Oklahoma than you are if you lived in Georgia. (Mapping Police Violence)

The notion that systematic police brutality is rampant is only his perception and not proven by fact.

Playing devil's advocate here, do you have the facts and/or statistics to prove otherwise?  Not to mention that it doesn't have to be "rampant" in the sense of daily atrocities, or state sponsored mass arrests for it to dis-proportionally (and thus unfairly) affect a group (or groups) of people.  And if you don't see if or aren't affected by it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

The kneeling does not bother me at all.. The notion that systematic police brutality is rampant is only his perception and not proven by fact. The term SJW is subjective and would fit kaputniks ideaology.

I start by saying, I partially agree. I do not think police brutality is rampant across the entire spectrum of the United States. If you live in certain pockets of this country, I do believe there is excessive police brutality. These areas seem to be high in African American populous. Just because the total average is decent, it doesn't mean that things need to change in certain areas, or that we should gloss over it.

Secondly, he doesn't fit the SJW,

The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and engaging in disingenuous arguments.[5]

I do not believe he is seeking personal validation. I believe he truly see this as an issue that needs to be confronted.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

38 minutes ago, klineka said:

You are wrong.

• People who are African-American/Black are twice as likely to be killed by a police officer while being unarmed compared to a Caucasian/White individual. (The Guardian)
  • 84% of police officers have stated in a recent survey that they have directly witnessed a fellow officer using more force than was necessary. (US Department of Justice)
  • 69% of the victims of police brutality in the United States who are African-American/Black were suspected of a non-violent crime and were unarmed (Mapping Police Violence)
  • 39% of African-American/Black individuals who were killed by police during their arrest were not attacking when they were killed from 2012 data. (Vox)
  • African-American/Black people were 39% of the people killed in the 100 largest cities in the US, despite being only 21% of the population in these cities. (Mapping Police Violence)
  • 97% of the cases of police brutality that were tracked in 2015 did not result in any officer involved being charged with a crime. (Mapping Police Violence)
  • Where you live matters when it comes to police brutality. If you are an African-American/Black individual, then you are 7 times more likely to be killed by a police officer in Oklahoma than you are if you lived in Georgia. (Mapping Police Violence)

I'm not going to do the cut and paste war. The sources on those though Lol

43 minutes ago, Foot Wedge said:

Playing devil's advocate here, do you have the facts and/or statistics to prove otherwise?  Not to mention that it doesn't have to be "rampant" in the sense of daily atrocities, or state sponsored mass arrests for it to dis-proportionally (and thus unfairly) affect a group (or groups) of people.  And if you don't see if or aren't affected by it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Imvery familiar with the statistics and its NOTHING like the msm paint it out to be.. I would rather suggest they think it's their duty to propagandize the issue and sew the seed of divisiveness

I'm not going to do the cut and paste war. The sources on those though Lol

You made a claim, I stated your claim was incorrect and provided facts to back up why I believe your claim is incorrect. You have offered no facts or evidence to back up your position or prove your point.

Apparently the US Department of Justice and Mapping Police Violence (a research collaborative with former data scientists collecting comprehensive data on police killings nationwide to quantify the impact of police violence in communities) aren't good enough sources for you? :hmm:

1 minute ago, klineka said:

You made a claim, I stated your claim was incorrect and provided facts to back up why I believe your claim is incorrect. You have offered no facts or evidence to back up your position or prove your point.

Apparently the US Department of Justice and Mapping Police Violence (a research collaborative with former data scientists collecting comprehensive data on police killings nationwide to quantify the impact of police violence in communities) aren't good enough sources for you? :hmm:

CHERRY PICKED!! do you need to google that, Ill wait?

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

In fact it looks like you cut and pasted the first 10 articles on Google search LOL!!

CHERRY PICKED!! do you need to google that, Ill wait?

While you're waiting it'd be great if you provided facts and evidence to back up your position. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Higgs said:

In fact it looks like you cut and pasted the first 10 articles on Google search LOL!!

And what have you provided, @Higgs?

Now is a good time to remind people that we do not entertain or allow political conversations here, and this is either close to or already across the line.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Now is a good time to remind people that we do not entertain or allow political conversations here, and this is either close to or already across the line.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Probability-of-having-at-least-one-conta

I wrote a post a few months ago that generated a lot of controversy and was heavily criticized. I wrote it after the officer who killed Philando Castile was...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/09/police-violence-against-black-men-rare-heres-what-data-actually-say/

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Higgs said:

I wrote a post a few months ago that generated a lot of controversy and was heavily criticized. I wrote it after the officer who killed Philando Castile was...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/09/police-violence-against-black-men-rare-heres-what-data-actually-say/

Ha, and you impugned @klineka's sources? C'mon man.

The second article you linked to simply employs a bunch of straw men and "opinion words" like this: "It’s not true that black men are constantly stopped by the police for no reason."

That's garbage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, Higgs said:

And you mock @klineka's post. Wow

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 1885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!