IGNORED

The 3 best shots of all time

StefanUrkel
Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

3. Nicklaus 1 iron

2. Tiger's right to left bunker shot with ball below his feet

1. Bubba's driver off the deck hitting a huge slice. God like

Which Nickaus 1-iron? The one at Pebble Beach in 1972?

Here's my three:

Bubba's 50 yard hook on the 2nd playoff hole at the 2012 Masters.

Jack's 1-iron on 17 at the 1972 U.S. Open.

Tiger's chip at the 70th Hole at the 2005 Masters.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

Which Nickaus 1-iron? The one at Pebble Beach in 1972?

Here's my three:

Bubba's 50 yard hook on the 2nd playoff hole at the 2012 Masters.

Jack's 1-iron on 17 at the 1972 U.S. Open.

Tiger's chip at the 70th Hole at the 2005 Masters.

Maybe toss in Watson's chip-in on #17 at Pebble Beach to help win the U.S. Open.

Brian Kuehn

The best golf shot i think I've ever seen was YE Yangs approach shot on 18 at the PGA where he beat Tiger. Took a hybrid over a tree right in front of him and stuck it. That shot was nails. Corey Pavins 4-wood at Shinicock Hills and Justin Leonard's putt at the 99 ryder cup would be two and three for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Tiger's chip in at the Masters in 2005.  Nothing else comes close.

While there have been many truly unbelievable shots in the history of the PGA, nothing comes close to matching the utterly unbelievable shot that Tiger made.

it wasn't just that the shot was fantastic in and of itself.  The Master.  70th hole.  Everyone in the golf world watching.  And...are you f'ing kidding me about how it went into the hole!!!!  Basically stops moving on the edge of the cup..everyone holds their breath.  And it rolls one more time and goes in!!

A movie ending in real life!!!!

3 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Tiger's chip in at the Masters in 2005.  Nothing else comes close.

While there have been many truly unbelievable shots in the history of the PGA, nothing comes close to matching the utterly unbelievable shot that Tiger made.

it wasn't just that the shot was fantastic in and of itself.  The Master.  70th hole.  Everyone in the golf world watching.  And...are you f'ing kidding me about how it went into the hole!!!!  Basically stops moving on the edge of the cup..everyone holds their breath.  And it rolls one more time and goes in!!

A movie ending in real life!!!!

Yeah, it was a great one considering the situation. But i dont think it was as tough as its made out to be. You put a guy with course knowledge and a world class short game over there and he probably gets 8 out of 10 of those within 3 feet. Maybe drops a couple. The bank does most of the work for you there. 

Plus, Tiger bogeyed the next hole. Its like hitting a great shot then missing the putt..lol. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 6ixman said:

Hogan's famous 2 iron at the 1950 US Open at Merion to force a playoff that he'd eventually go on to win has to be included

After recovering from a near-fatal car accident to boot!

I don't know much about the specifics, but Palmer driving the green at Cherry Hills (?), and Gene Sarazen's double eagle on the 69th hole to tie at the Masters might be contenders too.

I think this one is pretty impressive too, but it may not have been as consequential to the outcome as some of the others.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

The shots that come to mind are Jack's one iron, Tiger's chip in, Watson's chip, Pavin's 4 wood, Hogan's one iron, Azinger's bunker shot at the Memorial, Gamez holing it from the fairway in 93, Jack's 16th hole at the Master's, Sarazen's double eagle, and Leonard's Ryder Cup putt. 

It's hard to rank them, but I have to say that the most iconic image has to be Hogan at Merion. It is my all-time favorite golf picture. 

10526.jpg

Edited by TourSpoon
add pic

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On 9/26/2016 at 2:25 PM, StefanUrkel said:

3. Nicklaus 1 iron

2. Tiger's right to left bunker shot with ball below his feet

1. Bubba's driver off the deck hitting a huge slice. God like

Here's vids of each:

Kevin

Here's some info on some of the other suggestions:

Hogan's 1-iron at Merion: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/joe-posnanski/story-behind-photo-hogans-1-iron-shot-merion/

Sarazen's double-eagle at Augusta: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/martin-davis/sarazens-double-eagle-put-masters-map/

Paven's 4-wood at Shinnecock Hills: https://youtu.be/-VCE2nM4aqs

Tiger's chip at Augusta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRCjJi_uDp8

Bubba's hook on 10 (sudden death playoff) at Augusta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaq_SAtm3J8

Some other candidates:

Phil's pine straw on 13 at Augusta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzhAzYlRUY

Tiger's hook on 15 at Augusta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWkQw4pI98A

Kevin

3 best shots???

1 - Tequila

2 - Anisette

3 - 151 on fire!

Sorry, it's Friday and I an thirsty!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!