IGNORED

Davis Love, Meg Mallon among newly inducted HoF

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's the list 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Meh. I don't know. One major, a few Players…

I wish they didn't HAVE to induct people every year.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, iacas said:

Meh. I don't know. One major, a few Players…

I wish they didn't HAVE to induct people every year.

If the lone major is the PGA, did the person really win a major? I mean given the choice, don't think anyone would choose the PGA as their only major victory. But regardless, if Davis Love can make it in, it's not much of a HOF. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Lagavulin62 said:

If the lone major is the PGA, did the person really win a major? I mean given the choice, don't think anyone would choose the PGA as their only major victory. But regardless, if Davis Love can make it in, it's not much of a HOF. 

The PGA Championship historically has the toughest, strongest field of all the majors.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lagavulin62 said:

But if you could only have one of the four, which would it be? 

Who cares? There are four majors.

Davis has said on several occasions he was very happy, as the son of a long-time PGA member, to have won the PGA.

And Arnie sorely regretted not winning the PGA.

I think you win 21 times on Tour, you should get into the HOF.  Davis Love III has the feel of an underachiever but 21 wins (one of them a major) is a big-time resume.

The HOF should induct four people every year --- a 'foursome,' if you will. 

This is totally arbitrary for me, but 20 wins, 1 major gets you in, in my book, so this is well deserved for DL3. His 21st win last year, at the Wyndham, made it a lock for me as well. 1987-2015 is an incredible winning span.

But yea, I wish they only inducted people in Ryder Cup years or something. Hell, it'd be pretty cool if it was only every four years. That'd make things pretty exciting whenever the HOF announcement came around. 

Constantine

Glad Mallon, and Ochoa made it in. Always liked watching them play. 

Not much of a HOF supporter myself. I figure it's good for the folks who get voted in. I just think most HOFs have become watered down with talent non deserving. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
5 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

But yea, I wish they only inducted people in Ryder Cup years or something. Hell, it'd be pretty cool if it was only every four years. That'd make things pretty exciting whenever the HOF announcement came around. 

I could get behind that. Or just have an induction class that varies. You don't have to check one off from every box every year.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I could get behind that. Or just have an induction class that varies. You don't have to check one off from every box every year.

It's compounded by the fact that we're now judging players from the start of the Tiger era, whose dominance left little hardware that looks good on a HoF resume to be claimed by anyone else.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 2702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!