IGNORED

Thank you all!!!

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 2701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lemme guess, you broke 80 yesterday? :-D

And good luck earning a participation site badge (or an organizer badge). I'd imagine we've got quite a few folks in your area. I've done a couple meetups here with guys I met here, and it's definitely cool to be faces to the names and online personas.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, RandallT said:

Lemme guess, you broke 80 yesterday? :-D

And good luck earning a participation site badge (or an organizer badge). I'd imagine we've got quite a few folks in your area. I've done a couple meetups here with guys I met here, and it's definitely cool to be faces to the names and online personas.

Ha ha!!! Nope. My game has been in the toilet last couple of weeks after shooting my personal best of 83. Its been very difficult shooting an 83 and then not breaking 100 for four rounds in a row. But tst folks have been encouraging and let me know Im not alone. As far as participation badges go, thats not really my thing. Only two I care about at all are breaking 90, which I have, and an eagle, which will never happen cus I lack distance off the tee. Theres just too many cool folks on here to thank everyone individually so I thought many might see this post and that would suffice.

19 minutes ago, dzclarkcpa said:

DFW area here as well. Where do you play?

I play the Frisco area. Usually play Plantation but occasionally play the trails and Stuart peninsula. And ever so often make the drive to the Bridges in Gunter. I do a lot of shift work so I usually play during the week vs the weekend. If your available during the week occasionally, pm me and maybe we can go chase golf balls. :-)

Nice.  Another convert.  Welcome to a life-long game.

I was hooked the moment I walked onto a practice green at about 7 years old.  The smell, the velvety texture of the turf on the green ... intoxicating.  Even to a 7-year-old.

• Upvote 1

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

52 minutes ago, stealthhwk said:

an eagle, which will never happen cus I lack distance off the tee.

Glad you're continuing to enjoy golf!

As far as the eagle, there are also hole in one and hole-out on par 4 possibilities. May take a bit longer though.

Kevin

11 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

I love golf! Im an addict who just cant quit!!! I wanted to take a brief moment to start a thread to thank everyone on this forum. Nobody gets me the way yall do. You guys and gals have my back when golf is kickin my @!!. You guys give me some place to talk golf which no doubt saved my marriage. Your insight and tips have helped my game. I have few friends, but you all seem like friends Ive had for years. I hope to meet a few of yall for some golf sooner or later but in the meantime, thanks for being awesome! And special thanks to @iacas for creating this place! Fairways and greens and may all your putts go in!!!

With risk of getting yet another temporary ban, are you drunk, or is it you don't have any friends and are looking for one ?

I am not being offensive, as I don't have many friends myself, and on the odd occasion I feel the necessity to talk to my wife, but not very often  fortunately :-D

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

39 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

With risk of getting yet another temporary ban, are you drunk, or is it you don't have any friends and are looking for one ?

I am not being offensive, as I don't have many friends myself, and on the odd occasion I feel the necessity to talk to my wife, but not very often  fortunately :-D

Why even post something like this? Bizarre. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

13 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

I love golf! Im an addict who just cant quit!!! I wanted to take a brief moment to start a thread to thank everyone on this forum. Nobody gets me the way yall do. You guys and gals have my back when golf is kickin my @!!. You guys give me some place to talk golf which no doubt saved my marriage. Your insight and tips have helped my game. I have few friends, but you all seem like friends Ive had for years. I hope to meet a few of yall for some golf sooner or later but in the meantime, thanks for being awesome! And special thanks to @iacas for creating this place! Fairways and greens and may all your putts go in!!!

If those "few friends" are good friends then you have more friends than most folks do. Good luck in your future golf adventures. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Why even post something like this? Bizarre. 

Firstly, did you know that Ernest Jones is the name of a jewelry chain in the UK?

It's not bizarre mate, in the UK if this thread was made there would be people reaching for buckets. It's just not the sort of thing a man should think, let alone say.

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

24 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Firstly, did you know that Ernest Jones is the name of a jewelry chain in the UK?

It's not bizarre mate, in the UK if this thread was made there would be people reaching for buckets. It's just not the sort of thing a man should think, let alone say.

Yes, I know, I own that jewelry chain. 

Not surprised you don't have many friends and I feel for your wife. 

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

38 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Ok, Im not gonna pretend to understand this perfectly but this thread has branched off in a couple directions I had not intended. And thats NOT a bad thing, as several have reached out, and Im always looking for new golf friends. So thats a cool thing that happened cus of this thread, but mainly its a shout out to all of you for kind words, support, and tips for my game.

As I mentioned earlier, too many have contributed for me to thank you all individually. But the tip I got about flaring ones feet out, the you tube video someone shared to help my shoulder clear my chin, the well wishes when I hurt my shoulder. Those and many more contributions from you all, I am very greatful for and my friends on tst deserve to hear it.

Now, as far as things a man shouldnt think or say, thats ludicrous! A mans true strength comes from paving his own way regardless of what others say, do or think. Im kind of an emotional guy and I get that freaks some of u out. But I was raised primarily by my Mother and grandmother and Ive been through enough sh*+ in my life not to take anything or ANYONE for granted. That means sometimes u gotta let people know they mean something to u! AND ALL MY FRIENDS ON TST MEAN SOMETHING TO ME CUS THEY HAVE ALL ENRICHED MY LIFE OR MY GAME IN SOME WAY! For those of u who cant wrap your head around it, well they can kiss my 9 iron! :-P

• Upvote 4

@stealthhwk, I understand what you're saying completely. I have a few really good friends, but we rarely see each other. TST has become the one place in my life where people not only tolerate, but actually understand & appreciate my passion for our great game...and not only do they understand it, but they teach me! There is no other place I can go, or think of, where I can talk, read about, learn, and breathe golf day in and day out.  Good thread, my brother in golf!

• Upvote 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

58 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@stealthhwk, I understand what you're saying completely. I have a few really good friends, but we rarely see each other. TST has become the one place in my life where people not only tolerate, but actually understand & appreciate my passion for our great game...and not only do they understand it, but they teach me! There is no other place I can go, or think of, where I can talk, read about, learn, and breathe golf day in and day out.  Good thread, my brother in golf!

Thanks!!! Well said, Id a liked it twice if I coulda! :-D

• Upvote 1

awe, don't let unwarranted critical commentary undermine your enthusiasm. There are a few here who are "legends in their own minds". Just ignore the dolts as I try to do without a concern about what they may think of me.  Come to think of it, only "two" ever even met me. It is far too easy to form opinions blindly, and I am just as guilty as any of doing that very thing - except I am always right, of course!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

20 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

Ok, Im not gonna pretend to understand this perfectly but this thread has branched off in a couple directions I had not intended. And thats NOT a bad thing, as several have reached out, and Im always looking for new golf friends. So thats a cool thing that happened cus of this thread, but mainly its a shout out to all of you for kind words, support, and tips for my game.

As I mentioned earlier, too many have contributed for me to thank you all individually. But the tip I got about flaring ones feet out, the you tube video someone shared to help my shoulder clear my chin, the well wishes when I hurt my shoulder. Those and many more contributions from you all, I am very greatful for and my friends on tst deserve to hear it.

Now, as far as things a man shouldnt think or say, thats ludicrous! A mans true strength comes from paving his own way regardless of what others say, do or think. Im kind of an emotional guy and I get that freaks some of u out. But I was raised primarily by my Mother and grandmother and Ive been through enough sh*+ in my life not to take anything or ANYONE for granted. That means sometimes u gotta let people know they mean something to u! AND ALL MY FRIENDS ON TST MEAN SOMETHING TO ME CUS THEY HAVE ALL ENRICHED MY LIFE OR MY GAME IN SOME WAY! For those of u who cant wrap your head around it, well they can kiss my 9 iron! :-P

Please don't take my comments to heart. We have a very different culture in the UK, and men never show emotions or feelings. A few hours in my local pub and you would want to cut your own wrists. 

13 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Please don't take my comments to heart. We have a very different culture in the UK, and men never show emotions or feelings. A few hours in my local pub and you would want to cut your own wrists. 

just like in New Zealand "Where men are men, and sheep are terrified". hmmm, I wonder if "Kiwi" is still lurking here.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 2701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!