IGNORED

Carry/Stand or Cart bag

Note: This thread is 2608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is proving to be a great bag. Noticeably higher quality than the bags with more familiar brands names on them at our supershop.

The Sun Mountain bags seem nice, too.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

• 1 month later...

I ended up going with last year's Sun Mountain Four 5 because it was on sale at a pretty good price.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

i just got this bag, rare 2017 Nike Air Sport

stand bags at the range won't fall over like cart bags will. if you walk more and want lighter bag go with a stand bag, if you ride the carts more and never walk then go with a cart bag or a staff bag if ya want. do wat ever ya want no judge at all. most of the time when i see people walking with stand bags, they are the ones who can play at a fast pace of walking vs the ones who are always driving left to right or right to left looking for their balls.

IMG_8201.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

On 10/30/2016 at 2:44 PM, TN94z said:

I am 38 and it's rare that I walk, although I do want to walk more next year because my 14 year old will walk most of the time. And it will be good exercise for me. I still foresee riding more than walking.

I've had a Nike bag that was good and my Ogio is the one that I am referring about the legs breaking off of it. The problem was the actual hard rubber mounting point of the legs broke on both sides. I think one broke a while back which put more stress on the other one and caused it to break later on.  I have been wanting to try a Sun Mountain bag since reading reviews though.

What do you guys think about the 14 way divider versus the non 14? Is it worth the additional weight to have the separation?

Most definitely the full length dividers are great. I was leaning towards a sun mountain bag until my wife got me a  Callaway bag from Costco.  Its a cart bag and I love it.  It was a Christmas gift so I'm not sure what it cost. 

My callaway bag has a hard bottom so it also will stand up on most surfaces if they are level. 

I have a cart bag and a smaller stand bag, Ben hogan I got for three bucks at a thrift store. I've switched over to the stand bag. It carries what I need and is very light. I both walk and ride so I'm not swapping stuff around and it's convenient when I go to the ranges I frequent. I just don't see the need for a larger heavier bag.

So am I to understand that some of you have 6 putters, 8 different drivers and enough wedges to fill a medium sized bunker, but only one bag? I probably have six bags at the moment all filled with cast off clubs but all still very functional.

The two main gamers  (I hate that word BTW) ones in the rotation are a Titlest branded cart bag ( not sure who made it but surely the lowest bidder) and a Sun Mountain Four stand bag.

The bag fits the mission.

On 10/30/2016 at 5:44 PM, TN94z said:

I am 38 and it's rare that I walk, although I do want to walk more next year because my 14 year old will walk most of the time. And it will be good exercise for me. I still foresee riding more than walking.

Hey, TN94z, want to make your 14 year old feel like a big shot? Let him drive the cart for a hole or two while you walk! That is, if you haven't let him do that already.

My buddy did that with his Son when he was about 12 or 13. They had hit their drives to opposite sides of the fairway, my buddy pulled a club and told his boy to drive the cart to where his ball was. The kid said "WHAAAAT?!' He was so proud driving that cart all by himself!

17 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Hey, TN94z, want to make your 14 year old feel like a big shot? Let him drive the cart for a hole or two while you walk! That is, if you haven't let him do that already.

My buddy did that with his Son when he was about 12 or 13. They had hit their drives to opposite sides of the fairway, my buddy pulled a club and told his boy to drive the cart to where his ball was. The kid said "WHAAAAT?!' He was so proud driving that cart all by himself!

Oh yeah, he has been doing that for quite some time. He's 15 now, and after driving the cart, four wheelers, and racing go karts....driving the golf cart at the course is just another day now...haha

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I too am looking at downgrading from my Ogio cart bag to a Sun Mountain stand bag. Anyone have feedback on either the three.or a front 9

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 2608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!